Final Recruiting Class

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
When 3 stars commit,"Oh god we are 3 star U". Now that bama and other SEC schools are after them everyone wants to keep em lmao keep on cooking coach Mac ur doing a great job.

Fwiw on NCM we hadn't really been pursuing him that much lately. Probably cuz hotty toddy and AU dropped them money bags..

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When 3 stars commit,"Oh god we are 3 star U". Now that bama and other SEC schools are after them everyone wants to keep em lmao keep on cooking coach Mac ur doing a great job.

Fwiw on NCM we hadn't really been pursuing him that much lately. Probably cuz hotty toddy and AU dropped them money bags..

I don't like all the 3* DBs. I'd like us to jettison McWilliams, Taylor, and Lenton. I'd rather we convert CBs to safety or bring in 5 star Safety/Athlete talent than bring in 3* safeties.

It wouldn't surprise me if recruits are being paid at Ole Piss or the Barn.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He left his Usce OV with a top 3 of the gamecocks, OhSt, and miami. And there are no definitive plans for an OV here. I think we're pretty much out of it. He was an odd story all year, and while I'd love to have him, I've never felt very good about our chances.
Any receiver stupid enough to list a team coached by muschamp is a receiver i do not want.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Antonneous Clayton moves up 65 spots to #10 overall in the final espn 300. Mac looks like he can evaluate talent early in the process because just about everyone we was on early has either gotten big bumps or everyone else is after them. Screenshot_2016-01-19-08-35-50.png

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UF has one guy on that list & ole miss has 3? There is most definitely something wrong in the cosmos.

UGA or Bama. One thing I guarantee you is he's not coming to UF especially with what's going on (behind the scenes) with his mom.

do tell more, I'm not familiar with the behind the scenes stuff.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Kirby is going to pluck DB Jeawon Taylor from us but that's not real surprising. Taylor is going wherever Mack Wilson goes and thats been clear from the beginning.

I don't have a rivals account to see the article, but there is a headline for an article that says "Despite Georgia visit, Taylor still highly committed to Florida"

I have the same feeling as you, but maybe we are wrong?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Any receiver stupid enough to list a team coached by muschamp is a receiver i do not want.

My feelings as well. It's a shame what recruiting has become. Just about every year there are a handful of kids that you almost know will be transferring within a few years, but are completely sold on a bad decision at the moment.

Remember this is also the kid that committed to Golden and the idea of playing in front of 7k fans. So he has that going for him as well.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I don't have a rivals account to see the article, but there is a headline for an article that says "Despite Georgia visit, Taylor still highly committed to Florida"

I think if Wilson goes to UGA so will Taylor. If Wilson goes to Bama we'll get Taylor. Kirby has offered him but Little Nick hasn't.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

They are just looking for that next step in their career of being moved to DB in the NFL. At least they are still getting that NFL contract.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He says he's still "highly committed until something goes wrong", but did speak glowingly about Smart and the relationship they've had since 10th grade. Says he's going to wait it out and then decide what he's going to do. One good quote was that he recognizes you can't commit to a coach, and have to commit to a school, because coaching is a business and there's no guarantee they'll be there. Smart approach by him and his advisers.

The one thing that stood out to me is Smart's defending of not offering him while at Alabama. Taylor says that KS told him it wasn't his call and he couldn't offer. So basically, despite knowing him and seeing his talent for over 2 years, Kirby didn't have enough control to get his way on an offer. Either A) he's lying and is just now feeling he deserves a scholly, or B) Smart had little to do with the overall structure and success at Alabama and was merely a puppet of Saban who warrants little credit for what they've accomplished and will be a bust as HC.

I'm going with B,and hopefully some of these kids recognize that.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
McElwain is showing that he knows how to evaluate talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Something for sure is fishy. Why the hell would anyone want to live in Oxford, MS?

I don't know much about Oxford, but the town itself may be nice, the girls sure seem to be and that may be enough to pull him in. but I truly have no idea why anyone would want to play college ball for ole miss... what have they won in all these years... nothing. I am not sold on freeze as a top level coach either... good (middle of the pack), but not top tier

The one thing that stood out to me is Smart's defending of not offering him while at Alabama. Taylor says that KS told him it wasn't his call and he couldn't offer. So basically, despite knowing him and seeing his talent for over 2 years, Kirby didn't have enough control to get his way on an offer. Either A) he's lying and is just now feeling he deserves a scholly, or B) Smart had little to do with the overall structure and success at Alabama and was merely a puppet of Saban who warrants little credit for what they've accomplished and will be a bust as HC.

I'm going with B,and hopefully some of these kids recognize that.

I'm thinking that most recruiters will bring a nomination before the head coach before making an offer and the head coach makes the final decision (after his personal eval) on whether to offer him or not, especially a coach with his influence on every aspect of the game as Saban has. I'm not sure if I was a coach that I would give an open "check book" to them, but at some point there has to be some leeway. I think that's better than offering a kid and the head coach decides later that he don't want him and pull the offer. :dunno:, it's just my opinion from the outside looking in.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't know much about Oxford, but the town itself may be nice, the girls sure seem to be and that may be enough to pull him in. but I truly have no idea why anyone would want to play college ball for ole miss... what have they won in all these years... nothing. I am not sold on freeze as a top level coach either... good (middle of the pack), but not top tier

I'm thinking that most recruiters will bring a nomination before the head coach before making an offer and the head coach makes the final decision (after his personal eval) on whether to offer him or not, especially a coach with his influence on every aspect of the game as Saban has. I'm not sure if I was a coach that I would give an open "check book" to them, but at some point there has to be some leeway. I think that's better than offering a kid and the head coach decides later that he don't want him and pull the offer. :dunno:, it's just my opinion from the outside looking in.

No I get that, and you're correct that a HC has to make that final call. That said, I think if you're truly an integral part of things over a 5-6 year period, and with the defensive success they've had, a DC that was truly running the D would be able to get an "ok" from the HC in cases like this. Looks like Saban ran the entire defense, including assessing talent. I don't see that as a positive for a first time HC. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.