Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FSU has been getting 9-10 top kids per year from FL. We get half that. Until we start winning recruiting battles on our home turf, we won't be beating FSU anytime soon.

Mainly on offense. You can thank Chump for that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Our class has currently moved up to #5 on Rivals. The points may increase as late additions will be primarily highly rated NSD guys. I've read where some people have said this is due to the size of the class, not the quality. This isn't entirely true. Only the top 20 recruits count towards the points which takes class size out of the picture to a large extent. 8 of the top 10 classes already have 20 or more commitments . So most of the teams have full classes, just hoping to add a few studs like us.

For what it's worth, Chimp's last three classes ranked #12, #3 and #4. The problem was he didn't have numbers, left serious holes at key positions, and didn't develop anyone on one side of the ball.

The bottom line is, this is going to be very good haul. Linebacker remains the only need not addressed.

Disagree. The class is bottom heavy as was last year's class. 11 of the top 20 are uncommitted. Other schools can jump us btw as they get commits. I consider this class just barely staying even with Bama and FSU. We need that class that is a number one consensus that makes up ground in the talent dept. NEXT YEAR.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I believe what we lack in recruiting we more than make up for in scouting...many of our early offers have seen recruiting star bumps and big time offers later in the process.

I think if and I really believe we will; if we sign Cleveland this class will ultimately be a success. Next year and the year after we should be top 3....recruiting is different now; most of these kids have been in contact with coaches since freshman in highschool..our coaches have some ground to make up and I think our 2017-18-19 offers will reflect that.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Disagree. The class is bottom heavy as was last year's class. 11 of the top 20 are uncommitted. Other schools can jump us btw as they get commits. I consider this class just barely staying even with Bama and FSU. We need that class that is a number one consensus that makes up ground in the talent dept. NEXT YEAR.

Right... we have to get a number once class... because anybody can just walk into any old school and start pulling in top classes...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I believe what we lack in recruiting we more than make up for in scouting...many of our early offers have seen recruiting star bumps and big time offers later in the process.

I think if and I really believe we will; if we sign Cleveland this class will ultimately be a success. Next year and the year after we should be top 3....recruiting is different now; most of these kids have been in contact with coaches since freshman in highschool..our coaches have some ground to make up and I think our 2017-18-19 offers will reflect that.

Agree. I have no idea what the final ranking of our 2017 class will be, but I'd guess it will be the "difference maker" class that TRex mentioned above. As you mentioned, these relationships develop years in advance. And not only was MAC not at UF, he wasn't in the region or at a P5 program. So unlike Smart, or even WM, he has a huge disadvantage in having to start from scratch with most of these kids, not just sell them on his new program. I fully expect next years's class to be stronger. I'm also not ruling out a solid finish in 2 weeks.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I think we're tracking together. I'm also thinking that the head coach is looking at the picture as the whole team and may see needs elsewhere where a coach on one side of the ball doesn't necessarily see that, he just sees his side of the ball. The HC can say, no, we need to use that scholly elsewhere instead of another db this cycle. I think we both prolly see it that way.

You make a valid point. Too bad that dipsh!t Muschamp never learned to do that as our HC. Maybe we wouldn't have been stuck with 26 DB's, 6 OL's, 4 LB's and 1 and a half QB's (Treon being too short to count as a whole QB).

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of teasers on twitter about WR no longer visiting this weekend... looks like it is Stove from what I can tell. Really hope we land Cleveland!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What I'm hoping is that Coach Mac recognizes FB-IQ is a value in these players
that make them "diamonds" to develop on board his whole-team concept. As NSD
approaches my hopes elevate. Go Gators.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For those who say this has the potential of being our best WR class ever, it won't be. Doesn't matter who comes aboard.

I was recently reminded that Hilliard, Anthony, Quezzie, and Travis McGriff were in the same class. McGriff was a third rd pick. I think the other 3 were 1st rounders.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
For those who say this has the potential of being our best WR class ever, it won't be. Doesn't matter who comes aboard.

I was recently reminded that Hilliard, Anthony, Quezzie, and Travis McGriff were in the same class. McGriff was a third rd pick. I think the other 3 were 1st rounders.
I will settle (I am a settler.) for the second best class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator