Final Recruiting Class

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This article will likely send many into a tailspin. After all, Mac cant recruit.....right?

Bottom line will be next year's class. Which looks like it could be THAT big top end talented class we need. I'm not sure why you think it will send anyone into a tailspin outside of non-Gator fans. You'd think people are rooting for mac to fail. That's about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Bottom line will be next year's class. Which looks like it could be THAT big top end talented class we need. I'm not sure why you think it will send anyone into a tailspin outside of non-Gator fans. You'd think people are rooting for mac to fail. That's about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Really? Have you listened to yourself? There are several here that almost seem expectant for Macs failure and are posed and ready to pounce. Dont think so? Wait until our first loss next season....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Really? Have you listened to yourself? There are several here that almost seem expectant for Macs failure and are posed and ready to pounce. Dont think so? Wait until our first loss next season....

I was complimentary all year until the last few games. The wheels really came off. The team was completely unprepared to play in the bowl game. I hear a lot of excuses. Reminds me a lot of the Muschamp years. Nothing but excuse after excuse. Yes it is his first year but for being an offensive guru one had to wonder aloud. Doesn't mean I want him to fail or even think he will. It's just calling **** for what it is...**** coaching at the end. And yes that's all coaching in the bowl game btw. I hope he learned a lesson because those games DO matter(I know not to Foley and the other Muschamp apologists). Make sense?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The male brain is not fully developed until age 25. Think about recruiting through that lens.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I was complimentary all year until the last few games. The wheels really came off. The team was completely unprepared to play in the bowl game. I hear a lot of excuses. Reminds me a lot of the Muschamp years. Nothing but excuse after excuse. Yes it is his first year but for being an offensive guru one had to wonder aloud. Doesn't mean I want him to fail or even think he will. It's just calling **** for what it is...**** coaching at the end. And yes that's all coaching in the bowl game btw. I hope he learned a lesson because those games DO matter(I know not to Foley and the other Muschamp apologists). Make sense?
So you have officially declared Mac a bad coach. It has been duly noted.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the reasons that Mac wanted all of these quality control assistants is because he needed help assessing talent. He did a great job of bringing in really good QCs.

We've lost a couple in the last several weeks. I hope he's able to replenish them.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, the folks complaining are being surpassed in dumbassery by the ones complaining about them complaining. Both sides need to get a freaking life, seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So you have officially declared Mac a bad coach. It has been duly noted.

Where did I say that? Do you think he coached well the latter part of the season especially the bowl game?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Where did I say that? Do you think he coached well the latter part of the season especially the bowl game?
Not saying you are wrong, but everyone is beating this to death. Two things seem obvious to me. First, that Mac announced that he would not change his system for one player, although he did make adjustments. And, secondly that he blew the bowl game off. You may say that each decision was a bad one, and each may be. But, I don't think we will know before next season. Why don't we continue this later?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying you are wrong, but everyone is beating this to death. Two things seem obvious to me. First, that Mac announced that he would not change his system for one player, although he did make adjustments. And, secondly that he blew the bowl game off. You may say that each decision was a bad one, and each may be. But, I don't think we will know before next season. Why don't we continue this later?

It was the last game. Kinda hard to just turn the page. And what coach blows off ANY game? Seems a little odd. Everyone just took for granted that he was a genius. But three blow outs in a row to end the year? I for one, am anxious to see how the team responds vs the big boys. And he better wipe the field with Trashchamp's Gamecocks.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I know at least one other coach who did much the same. Todd Monken announced that for every four sets of practice reps, the second team would get two, with one for the first team and one for the third team. Not quite as radical as Mac, but pretty close. Of course the losing streak took the bloom off the season for me as well.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If you think he coached the later half of the season poorly then you think he's a bad coach. But I don't want to read between the lines. Be a man, take a stand. Good coach or bad coach?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.