Finally, Muschamp addresses the assumptions that he runs the offense!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope WM turns it around this year and breaks a few White Boards in Victory celebrations!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Typical Caoch Speak!! I've said all along it doesn't matter what he says. He'll have to prove it and therefore earning the trust and support back, period. I will give him credit though for not dodging the issue. Heard WM several times take account and face it. But the thing to do WM, is get it fixed, JACK!

I think he has a good OC, now. Yep, he took bad advice from folks on the offense and the previous OC's. But its all on the HC. Keep your head in the game and what's going on.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it's time to fish or cut bait. I guess I'm the optimistic type person and I see a chance to win, until the lights have completely gone out. If we lose a battle, I'm fighting to win the war and sometimes that means regrouping. I'm not one to give up ground, though, unless it's a strategic advantage to do so. We lost a critical battle, last year; however, I believe Muschamp regrouped, appointed a new Field General and will deploy new weapons. Only time will tell if we take back the momentum and win the war.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's a liar. And he has lied on many occasions.

Ask Mike Davis.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n21802 said:

Ask Mike Davis.

A Lawyer disparaging a liar, that's cute!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n21381 said:
Did it ever cross you're mind that of course he would go out and get an OC who agreed with the philosophy? Of course he did, if you bothered to go back to watch the video you'd actually find out that Pease was using the same playbook that Fat Charlie used. The reason? Because the players already had to learn a new playbook, you know, going from Daz to Cooler Crusher, he didn't want to make them learn another system and another playbook, especially the redshirt fresh. Pease added his own twists to the playbook, What WM did in that situation was actually smart. The problem was, that Pease is not a good OC, no matter what you say, Briles and Pederson were the OC's. That doesn't mean that WM is twisting words or lying, J is correct in his evaluation.

Muschamp's philosophy was ball control more than anything else. That is why I laugh when he just says the standard 50/50 run pass now which about all coaches say. He isn't fooling anyone. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n21558 said:
I knew this would get sparks flying! :-) It was getting kind of boring around here. I would have to be crazy to think I could change the opinions of those who believe Muschamp is going to fail.

I actually think he is job scared enough to survive this season. We will see I guess. I would like him to succeed actually- time will tell.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I don't think he was calling plays but those headphones weren't silent. I don't think anyone is saying he runs the offense. But if you don't think he anything to do with us being so run heavy your crazy. The head coach better have something to do with the offense. Like I've said before we need a head coach not a defensive coordinator.
In 2012 we were close to a 50/50 split and that conservative ball control crap Muschamp pushed. I think he got really excited when we Jumbo packaged LSU and FSU to victory.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n21812 said:
I actually think he is job scared enough to survive this season. We will see I guess. I would like him to succeed actually- time will tell.

I don't think he cares what we think... But I wish him well also.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n21814 said:
I don't think he cares what we think... But I wish him well also.

He cares - that is why he says he doesn't and snapped thoses times with fans.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:

Ask Mike Davis.
What proof was there that he lied to Davis? I must have missed that.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
GIGator;n21558 said:
I knew this would get sparks flying! :-) It was getting kind of boring around here. I would have to be crazy to think I could change the opinions of those who believe Muschamp is going to fail.

So, if we have a good year, it will be because he was job scared? Making the kind of money he makes and his buy-out, I wouldn't be too terrified. My ego might get involved, but, not fear.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
sonomagator;n21381 said:
Did it ever cross you're mind that of course he would go out and get an OC who agreed with the philosophy? Of course he did, if you bothered to go back to watch the video you'd actually find out that Pease was using the same playbook that Fat Charlie used. The reason? Because the players already had to learn a new playbook, you know, going from Daz to Cooler Crusher, he didn't want to make them learn another system and another playbook, especially the redshirt fresh. Pease added his own twists to the playbook, What WM did in that situation was actually smart. The problem was, that Pease is not a good OC, no matter what you say, Briles and Pederson were the OC's. That doesn't mean that WM is twisting words or lying, J is correct in his evaluation.

Muschamp's philosophy was ball control more than anything else. That is why I laugh when he just says the standard 50/50 run pass now which about all coaches say. He isn't fooling anyone. Hopefully he learned his lesson.
He's said the 50/50 since he was first hired, the thing he wanted to do was turn into a north/south rather than east/west, and he's also said he was from the beginning we were going to be a prostyle ball control offense.Go back to arguing that Pease was a good OC. OH yeah, he wasn't.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
The problem with our offense was two poor offensive coordinators in a row. But Muschamp is responsible for that. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's a young coach. And he is trying to get his bearings. And understand how to deal with multiple coaching personalities and conflicts. But I do expect to see marked improvement this year.
We've already had the "what champ can blame on meyer" convo plenty of times. We all know there were several serious issues with our program after Meyer left and yes there is plenty of blame to go around. This is year 4 and it's all on Muschamp.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just over all his crap. Dude's not a good coach. I doubt we get lucky this year.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
I'm just over all his crap. Dude's not a good coach. I doubt we get lucky this year.
So, you're writing us off, already? What are you going to do during the season? If I felt the way you do, I wouldn't watch a single game and check back in December to see who our new coach is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is Muchamp in his Clinton moment of having never inhaled. No, he's not calling the plays. Head coaches seldom do. But you were born yesterday if you think Muschamp's philosophy hasn't been stamped all over the offensive game planning.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n22614]This is Muchamp in his Clinton moment of having never inhaled. No, he's not calling the plays. Head coaches seldom do. But you were born yesterday if you think Muschamp's philosophy hasn't been stamped all over the offensive game planning. [/QUOTE] Yep. And numbers of slots for each position in recruiting.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Technically I can't call him telling a lie, but he chose the OC, the basic offensive philosophy and how he wanted the offense to perform. Now lack of decent offensive line play is one of the root causes of our issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator