Finally, Muschamp addresses the assumptions that he runs the offense!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp was on Bianchi's radio show this morning and Bianchi asked him, specifically, about the assumptions, by some fans, that he meddles in the offense. Muschamp stated that he has given his OC's autotomy in running the offense. He said he never calls plays out tells the OC how to run the offense. He said that he may tell the OC what he sees the defense doing and that's pretty much it. So, unless you're willing to call him a liar, I would think that pretty much settles that issue. Muschamp has said, several times, that he probably made the wrong call going with a pro-style offense; however, if you recall, that was the hot offense, when he was hired. Bamer was running over everyone with it and recriits were flocking to teams that ran it. Plus, Muschamp admitted that he got some poor advice from people that he respected. He sounded really excited about Roper and the way things are coming together. The funniest part of the interview was about him picking SOS up, enroute to the ESPN visit. Bianchi asked him if he would pick Meyer up, if Meyer was at USCe. Muschamp said, in a laughing voice, "I don't know about that. ". It was obvious that he wanted to say, "Hell no!". Law, what do you think about this? Do you think Muschamp was lying or do you give him the benefit of doubt and admit that the assumptions were wrong? Just curious about what you think.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
lol -. Just play the video when he introduced Pease - The main thing he stressed was the Gators offensive philosophy won't be changing. Muschamp just likes to twist words on that now and what it really meant - heck we all saw what it meant but I think he may be job scared enough to truly not mettle at all this season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with our offense was two poor offensive coordinators in a row. But Muschamp is responsible for that. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's a young coach. And he is trying to get his bearings. And understand how to deal with multiple coaching personalities and conflicts. But I do expect to see marked improvement this year.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
lol -. Just play the video when he introduced Pease - The main thing he stressed was the Gators offensive philosophy won't be changing. Muschamp just likes to twist words on that now and what it really meant - heck we all saw what it meant but I think he may be job scared enough to truly not mettle at all this season.
His philosophy had been to have a balanced offense. It's still his philosophy and is the philosophy of every other head coach. Some just don't like to admit that they made an improper assumption and we all know what happens when one assumes. :-) Im not saying he did everything perfectly; however, I prefer facts and if im going to say someone did something, I want to know that I base that belief on credible evidence. Pease even said, emphatically, that he ran the offense.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
The problem with our offense was two poor offensive coordinators in a row. But Muschamp is responsible for that. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's a young coach. And he is trying to get his bearings. And understand how to deal with multiple coaching personalities and conflicts. But I do expect to see marked improvement this year.
Muschamp had taken full responsibility for everything that had gone wrong. He has taken the high road on several things, when he could have pulled an Obama and blamed Meyer.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n21362 said:
Did it ever cross you're mind that of course he would go out and get an OC who agreed with the philosophy? Of course he did, if you bothered to go back to watch the video you'd actually find out that Pease was using the same playbook that Fat Charlie used. The reason? Because the players already had to learn a new playbook, you know, going from Daz to Cooler Crusher, he didn't want to make them learn another system and another playbook, especially the redshirt fresh. Pease added his own twists to the playbook, What WM did in that situation was actually smart. The problem was, that Pease is not a good OC, no matter what you say, Briles and Pederson were the OC's. That doesn't mean that WM is twisting words or lying, J is correct in his evaluation.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n21352 said:
Muschamp was on Bianchi's radio show this morning and Bianchi asked him, specifically, about the assumptions, by some fans, that he meddles in the offense. Muschamp stated that he has given his OC's autotomy in running the offense. He said he never calls plays out tells the OC how to run the offense. He said that he may tell the OC what he sees the defense doing and that's pretty much it. So, unless you're willing to call him a liar, I would think that pretty much settles that issue. Muschamp has said, several times, that he probably made the wrong call going with a pro-style offense; however, if you recall, that was the hot offense, when he was hired. Bamer was running over everyone with it and recriits were flocking to teams that ran it. Plus, Muschamp admitted that he got some poor advice from people that he respected. He sounded really excited about Roper and the way things are coming together. The funniest part of the interview was about him picking SOS up, enroute to the ESPN visit. Bianchi asked him if he would pick Meyer up, if Meyer was at USCe. Muschamp said, in a laughing voice, "I don't know about that. ". It was obvious that he wanted to say, "Hell no!". Law, what do you think about this? Do you think Muschamp was lying or do you give him the benefit of doubt and admit that the assumptions were wrong? Just curious about what you think.

You do know this will not end well don't you?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he was calling plays but those headphones weren't silent. I don't think anyone is saying he runs the offense. But if you don't think he anything to do with us being so run heavy your crazy. The head coach better have something to do with the offense. Like I've said before we need a head coach not a defensive coordinator.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I don't think he was calling plays but those headphones weren't silent. I don't think anyone is saying he runs the offense. But if you don't think he anything to do with us being so run heavy your crazy. The head coach better have something to do with the offense. Like I've said before we need a head coach not a defensive coordinator.
You know it's funny, all last season on the old board, GatorKen, who no one can can a fan of WM , constantly said that from his seats he could hear WM yelling for passing.Later in the year of course we went run heavy, with a weak armed backup who injured his throwing shoulder you're going go run heavy, The same for when Skylar went in, it 's the conservative and safe way to go.In 2012 we were damn closs to a 50/50 split , and if you remember we came out throwing @ Miami, we didn't execute well, from the Qb to the OL to honestly the Wr's.After Driskel went down Murphy actually passeda good bit , probably at a 60-40 run t o pass which isn't bad until his shoulder got injured.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
He's the head coach. He should be held accountable for the offense . It's not crazy to point a finger at your head coach when your offensive production has gone down every year he's been here.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The buck stops with Muschamp. Period.
Everything else is fluff and bullshlt. He was lied to and misled by people he trusted. Too freakin' bad. He has made so many missteps that it is difficult to remember the few things he has done right. We are YEARS away from recovery and it gets worse with every decommit.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Sigh. An Obama... What's he going to blame on Meyer?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n21352 said:
So, unless you're willing to call him a liar, I would think that pretty much settles that issue.
I'm willing to call him that.

But it's irrelevant now. Right or wrong, he was given another chance.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It is obvious the OC calls plays, but the OC knows what the HC expects. To be fair, last year we were handicapped by a lack of developed QBs and OL and a lot of turnovers. Our style of offense required the ball to bounce our way to win close games, which happened in most cases in 2012, and didn't in 2013. I think we will see a similar offensive style to what we saw under Meyer, where the run game is opened via the spread and better passing lanes lead to better options for the QB. The spread is simply the better offense for 95% of CFB at this time.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Liar would be only one of the things I'd call him.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Typical :kiffin:

I do agree with Ox on this one......

Everyone lies, including everyone on this board so WM lies! BFD, just play some FB soon, please.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
GIGator;n21352 said:
So, unless you're willing to call him a liar, I would think that pretty much settles that issue.
I'm willing to call him that.

But it's irrelevant now. Right or wrong, he was given another chance.
Lol, like there's consequences for calling him a liar.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Does it really matter if he lied? He could lie to us about everything if he produces a winner and no one would give a damn. Give us a 4-8 season and everything he says will be scrutinized to death. It's all just coach speak and I could care less at this point. Just win baby!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I knew this would get sparks flying! :-) It was getting kind of boring around here. I would have to be crazy to think I could change the opinions of those who believe Muschamp is going to fail.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n21558 said:
I knew this would get sparks flying! :-) It was getting kind of boring around here. I would have to be crazy to think I could change the opinions of those who believe Muschamp is going to fail.

I hope he doesn't. I hope he's got it all figured out. I just don't believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator