Finally, Muschamp addresses the assumptions that he runs the offense!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
So he only signed 4 O-Linemen.... did he only offer 4? Your resonaning is flawed at best and sucks at worst. UF offered many other Lineman and they decided to go other places, and you will probably say that's on Muschamp also. We offered about 15/20 per year and when they didn''t sign, we passed on the fat slow one's left... That's closer to the facts. It's hard to be resonable when all you have is bile in your throat.
812, I've never heard WM say that it wasn't his responsibility but you seem to want a hanging or burning at the stake.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
So he only signed 4 O-Linemen.... did he only offer 4? Your resonaning is flawed at best and sucks at worst. UF offered many other Lineman and they decided to go other places, and you will probably say that's on Muschamp also. We offered about 15/20 per year and when they didn''t sign, we passed on the fat slow one's left... That's closer to the facts. It's hard to be resonable when all you have is bile in your throat.
Actually what?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The guy blows as a head coach. We can change assistants, bring in new players, do whatever...it doesn't change the fact that he's not SEC coaching material. Two 3-5 seasons in conference play are all you need to know. The guy doesn't have "it".

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n22636 said:
In your opinion, what was that philosophy that Muschamp stamped all over the offense? Did he tell Pease to keep running the ball up the middle, no matter what? Did he tell Pease to put in the Wildcat, when the offense had some rhythm? Did he tell Pease to never throw down field? Did he create and encourage the feud between Davis and Pease? Did he tell all the injured players to get hurt? Did he tell Pease to do a sorry job developing the QB's and other skilled players? Did he tell the offensive players to make stupid mistakes and instead of blocking the defense, block each other? Did he tell Pease to have a crappy attitude toward the players? I could go on and on, listing issues with the offense and I really doubt Muschamp orchestrated all of it?

There's a lot of intentional garbage near the end of your post that I'm not going to bother addressing.

As to your premise question, in short, it can be summed up in two words, the hire. Muschamp was emphatic that in Pease he sought someone to plug into HIS way of thinking, not the other way around. And both he and Pease backed it up thusly, first with words and then with deeds.

[VIDEO=youtube;z]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNygtV2XgZ8[/VIDEO]

“Being back in the SEC, working with Will and knowing what his future plan is, knowing the type of personality he has were factors. He’s a lot of what I like. It’s an opportunity to coach great players. You get the best. With what I’ve done offensively, it kind of fits what his philosophy is. That’s the greatest thing.

“I know what he wants and can work within those parameters. And there are some good guys on staff there.”

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=22099

E
dit: Something's not right with the video, so here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNygtV2XgZ8

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but, uhhhhh, Duncecap must have been lying there. That video will soon disappear.

During 12 when he was so indignant at the reporters who criticized the offense and asked if Driskel would be benched, he was lying then too and should have said the offense sucks and it's all Brent Peas' fault.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
'78 said:
There's a lot of intentional garbage near the end of your post that I'm not going to bother addressing.

As to your premise question, in short, it can be summed up in two words, the hire. Muschamp was emphatic that in Pease he sought someone to plug into HIS way of thinking, not the other way around. And both he and Pease backed it up thusly, first with words and then with deeds.

“Being back in the SEC, working with Will and knowing what his future plan is, knowing the type of personality he has were factors. He’s a lot of what I like. It’s an opportunity to coach great players. You get the best. With what I’ve done offensively, it kind of fits what his philosophy is. That’s the greatest thing.

“I know what he wants and can work within those parameters. And there are some good guys on staff there.”

E

This doesn't prove anything that hasn't already been said, a million times. Of course a head coach is going to hire an OC that fits his staff and shares a similar philosophy. As far as the philosophy, it was and continues to be a balanced offense. How is that a crazy philosophy. Muschamp wanted to run a pro-style offense, like Bamer. Was that a poor choice? Maybe. Did it fit the kind of players on our roster? Not as well as a spread offense would have. The craze, at that time. Was pro-style. Bamer was winning with it and recriits were saying that they wanted to play in that offense, because it "prepared them for the NFL" better than the spread. Remember the heat Meyer caught, when it was said that his offense didn't prepare players for the NFL? I'm not saying it was a great decision and the hiring of Pease was, as it turned out, a huge blunder. When Muschamp was making these comments, he was really addressingb the concerns many had with a new OC and the players having to learn another system. Muschamp said, several times, that most of the offensive terminology and scheme would remain the same, because it would be easier for one coach to learn the existing system, instead of all the players. Either way, that's in the past. He has made changes, including coaches, to correct the problems of the past. Now, we wait and see if those changes work. I, like many Gator fans, are excited about the changes. Some are not and will not be content until Muschamp is fired. We have different opinions and that's what makes college football fun.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
'78 said:

E

No it wasn't a balanced offense, and the numbers bear proof. We ran the ball 60% of the time last. Combined with the plain vanilla mix of plays, it eliminated whatever element of surprise had existed till then. Yes, I get it, Driskel was hurt and the backup, too. What was he supposed to do? Nevertheless, if you don't have the personnel to steamroll your opponent, you at least want to keep them guessing. We did neither.

The hallmark of any great coach is being able to adapt the scheme to the players. Muschamp and his offensive subordinates may have fancied becoming Bama Light, but they failed miserably at Building Blocks 101 -- if you're intent on ramming it down people's throats, you had better start with a stud offensive line. Ours was never anything but below average.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
Passed on the fat slow linemen? That's pretty much what I've seen from our linemen since he's been here

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n23002 said:
Yeah, but, uhhhhh, Duncecap must have been lying there. That video will soon disappear.

During 12 when he was so indignant at the reporters who criticized the offense and asked if Driskel would be benched, he was lying then too and should have said the offense sucks and it's all Brent Peas' fault.

Look at the grin on Muschamp's face after the LSU win in 2012 where we got away with the Jumbo package stuff. I swear he was in heaven.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
Plus it's his job to convince kids to play here. Not signing enough decent linemen is a failure on his part. He gets paid millions to recruit better and has one of the biggest recruiting budgets in the country to work with. No excuses for 4 linemen and 2years.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n23040 said:
Look at the grin on Muschamp's face after the LSU win in 2012 where we got away with the Jumbo package stuff. I swear he was in heaven.

Maybe he was just enjoying the win.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n23076 said:

He was enjoying it alright 58 rushes to 12 pass attempts on offense, 37:24 to 22:36 TOP advantage, Jumbo package breaking down LSU in the 2nd half - his kind of game.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
deuce coupe;n23076 said:

He was enjoying it alright 58 rushes to 12 pass attempts on offense, 37:24 to 22:36 TOP advantage, Jumbo package breaking down LSU in the 2nd half - his kind of game.
Sometimes you have to go with your strengths. Had he made them throw 60% passes and we lost, some would be mad because he didn't run enough.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's too close to kicking off the season for me to be negative on the team and staff. At this point, it's all in until I see struggles against the bottom feeders or something that reeks of some ole ****, same ole preparation... NOT, same ole can't get the gun out of the holster without shooting ourselves in the foot. At that point, I'm bringing the buck board around for a good ole fashion neck tie party. But, I'm optimistic that we finally have an OC that knows how to ad lib during a game to keep a D from locking in. God I hope so, hate to see our new place melt down like a cheap walmart candle.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n23298 said:
God I hope so, hate to see our new place melt down like a cheap walmart candle.
That's some of the most entertainment you can have. You wouldn't believe the traffic! :lol:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We've gone all over this stuff at length. Today practice starts and time will be drawing near to see if the actions meet up to the speak. I am as optimistic as possible thinking that improvement will be seen. WM's philosophy, it is or it isn't. One thing is for certain.....If he enjoys his job he'll accept the change and go all in with Roper. Honestly its the only way. If not....then his hard headed idiot behavior will give resolution somewhere around November.

Logic tends to state that "he gets it". Now we wait and see if he does.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He's what 4-11 vs ranked teams? It has nothing to do with getting "it". He never had "it". Never will. Lame duck year with a lame duck coach. Thanks Foley. Recruiting is taking it in the rear. Thanks Foley.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n23383 said:
He's what 4-11 vs ranked teams? It has nothing to do with getting "it". He never had "it". Never will. Lame duck year with a lame duck coach. Thanks Foley. Recruiting is taking it in the rear. Thanks Foley.

Don't misunderstand the "it". No he doesn't have that "it". More like waiting to see if he realizes the magnitude of his situation. Where's Rog when you need him? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator