Finally, Muschamp addresses the assumptions that he runs the offense!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that we didn't have enough offensive linemen to even have a spring game a year and a half ago... 100% on Muschamp.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No one has ever said that he calls specific plays but he almost certainly enforced his pound it out offensive philosophy. If he were to say "my philosophy absolutely blew and we're going the hell away from it" fans would be much more excited.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n22614]This is Muchamp in his Clinton moment of having never inhaled. No, he's not calling the plays. Head coaches seldom do. But you were born yesterday if you think Muschamp's philosophy hasn't been stamped all over the offensive game planning. [/QUOTE] In your opinion, what was that philosophy that Muschamp stamped all over the offense? Did he tell Pease to keep running the ball up the middle, no matter what? Did he tell Pease to put in the Wildcat, when the offense had some rhythm? Did he tell Pease to never throw down field? Did he create and encourage the feud between Davis and Pease? Did he tell all the injured players to get hurt? Did he tell Pease to do a sorry job developing the QB's and other skilled players? Did he tell the offensive players to make stupid mistakes and instead of blocking the defense, block each other? Did he tell Pease to have a crappy attitude toward the players? I could go on and on, listing issues with the offense and I really doubt Muschamp orchestrated all of it?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Being unable to admit a mistake is a terrible character flaw that will continue to bite him throughout his subsequent jobs.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
No one has ever said that he calls specific plays but he almost certainly enforced his pound it out offensive philosophy. If he were to say "my philosophy absolutely blew and we're going the hell away from it" fans would be much more excited.
We would be jumping up and down with joy. We will know come the Idaho game most likely anyway if he has truly changed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n22636 said:
In your opinion, what was that philosophy that Muschamp stamped all over the offense? Did he tell Pease to keep running the ball up the middle, no matter what? Did he tell Pease to put in the Wildcat, when the offense had some rhythm? Did he tell Pease to never throw down field? Did he create and encourage the feud between Davis and Pease? Did he tell all the injured players to get hurt? Did he tell Pease to do a sorry job developing the QB's and other skilled players? Did he tell the offensive players to make stupid mistakes and instead of blocking the defense, block each other? Did he tell Pease to have a crappy attitude toward the players? I could go on and on, listing issues with the offense and I really doubt Muschamp orchestrated all of it?

You can defend him all you want but we will know in the Idaho game once we get about a 2 TD lead if Muschamp is still leaning on the offense like he was before.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n22636 said:
In your opinion, what was that philosophy that Muschamp stamped all over the offense? Did he tell Pease to keep running the ball up the middle, no matter what? Did he tell Pease to put in the Wildcat, when the offense had some rhythm? Did he tell Pease to never throw down field? Did he create and encourage the feud between Davis and Pease? Did he tell all the injured players to get hurt? Did he tell Pease to do a sorry job developing the QB's and other skilled players? Did he tell the offensive players to make stupid mistakes and instead of blocking the defense, block each other? Did he tell Pease to have a crappy attitude toward the players? I could go on and on, listing issues with the offense and I really doubt Muschamp orchestrated all of it?
He's the HC. He hired those people, signed off on every gameplan, attended every practice and film study, allowed it to continue week after week, yet did nothing until the season was over and he had to take action to save his job. Yeah, I would say he orchestrated it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
GIGator;n22636 said:
He's the HC. He hired those people, signed off on every gameplan, attended every practice and film study, allowed it to continue week after week, yet did nothing until the season was over and he had to take action to save his job. Yeah, I would say he orchestrated it.
I still say the play caling was probably greatly affected by Muschamp pushing his ball control style. His perfect outcome was probably to win a game 2-0 with a safety if he could.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n22640 said:
You can defend him all you want but we will know in the Idaho game once we get about a 2 TD lead if Muschamp is still leaning on the offense like he was before.
I don't think any rational person would say his stamp wasn't all over the offense. That said, I'm hopeful he's learned his lesson and the reigns have been taken off for Roper to run the show on that side of the ball.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n22641 said:
And not only that. He also showed incredible arrogance and hubris in saying over and over throughout the season that everything was fine and that the same staff was within one game of playing for the championship the previous season. He should have been saying, "man we got lucky in 2012 given how dismal the offense was."

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
[QUOTE='78;n22614]This is Muchamp in his Clinton moment of having never inhaled. No, he's not calling the plays. Head coaches seldom do. But you were born yesterday if you think Muschamp's philosophy hasn't been stamped all over the offensive game planning.
In your opinion, what was that philosophy that Muschamp stamped all over the offense? Did he tell Pease to keep running the ball up the middle, no matter what? Did he tell Pease to put in the Wildcat, when the offense had some rhythm? Did he tell Pease to never throw down field? Did he create and encourage the feud between Davis and Pease? Did he tell all the injured players to get hurt? Did he tell Pease to do a sorry job developing the QB's and other skilled players? Did he tell the offensive players to make stupid mistakes and instead of blocking the defense, block each other? Did he tell Pease to have a crappy attitude toward the players? I could go on and on, listing issues with the offense and I really doubt Muschamp orchestrated all of it?[/quote]Who hired those guys? Who provided leadership? Who signed 10 defensive backs compared to 4 offensive linemen in his first 2 classes despite the fact that offensive line was the weakest position on the team when he took over?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
[QUOTE='78;n22614]This is Muchamp in his Clinton moment of having never inhaled. No, he's not calling the plays. Head coaches seldom do. But you were born yesterday if you think Muschamp's philosophy hasn't been stamped all over the offensive game planning.
In your opinion, what was that philosophy that Muschamp stamped all over the offense? Did he tell Pease to keep running the ball up the middle, no matter what? Did he tell Pease to put in the Wildcat, when the offense had some rhythm? Did he tell Pease to never throw down field? Did he create and encourage the feud between Davis and Pease? Did he tell all the injured players to get hurt? Did he tell Pease to do a sorry job developing the QB's and other skilled players? Did he tell the offensive players to make stupid mistakes and instead of blocking the defense, block each other? Did he tell Pease to have a crappy attitude toward the players? I could go on and on, listing issues with the offense and I really doubt Muschamp orchestrated all of it?[/quote]Muschamp is 100% responsible for the football team. No more, no less.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So he only signed 4 O-Linemen.... did he only offer 4? Your resonaning is flawed at best and sucks at worst. UF offered many other Lineman and they decided to go other places, and you will probably say that's on Muschamp also. We offered about 15/20 per year and when they didn''t sign, we passed on the fat slow one's left... That's closer to the facts. It's hard to be resonable when all you have is bile in your throat.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
So he only signed 4 O-Linemen.... did he only offer 4? Your resonaning is flawed at best and sucks at worst. UF offered many other Lineman and they decided to go other places, and you will probably say that's on Muschamp also. We offered about 15/20 per year and when they didn''t sign, we passed on the fat slow one's left... That's closer to the facts. It's hard to be resonable when all you have is bile in your throat.
Actually, yes. It's all on him. W/L and recruiting wins and failures.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
I guess 4-8 is okay because he tried to win all 12.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
MJMGator;n22641 said:
And not only that. He also showed incredible arrogance and hubris in saying over and over throughout the season that everything was fine and that the same staff was within one game of playing for the championship the previous season. He should have been saying, "man we got lucky in 2012 given how dismal the offense was."
He had said over and over that he takes responsibility for last year. There are a lot of things that we have no knowledge of. The conflict between Pease and most of his staff was much worse than we know. I believe Pease quit halfway thru the season, I really do. I have never said Muschamp did everything perfectly; however, I believe he learned some valuable lessons. If he hasn't and is just lip service, we will know by mid-season. I fail to understand why every Gator fan doesn't get behind him and the team. I would much rather have a great year and watch Muschamp mature in to a great coach, than to go thru another bad year and start over again. There's no Nick Saban out there that makes me confident that if we make a change that we will instantly return to greatness.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
GIGator;n22636 said:

I'm not defending him. I hear all these things about how he had his foot on Pease's throat; yet, no one had provided any proof. If he did keep Pease from running his offense, I would be the first to criticize him. Instead, if you look at what Pease did at Baylor, it was the same problems. I don't think Muschamp wanted his OC and OL coach to hate each other. Joker did not like Pease and Im sure Muschamp didn't cause that either. The players have commented on how Roper is so much better than Pease. I doubt they would feel that way if they saw Muschamp interfering with the offense. Finally, I know one of the WR's very well and he had told me numerous times that Pease had no relationships with any of his players. He, also, told me that Muschamp did not mess with the offense, as he's been advised of.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
Actually the team was 4-8.

And yes, I think they did try to win every game. Just didn't happen and somehow that has affected your sense of well being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator