Florida beat Miami. Are we allowed to enjoy it?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of bad and some good. A win is a win, so while I wasn’t happy with much of what I saw, it sure beats the hell out of losing. Probably the brightest spot was the resiliency to keep fighting no matter what happened. That’s something we didn’t see under the previous regime.
I laughed loud and hard when Franks threw the late interception. Comical that we called a pass play and even more so that he hit the DB right in the numbers. Let’s hope we see major improvement between now and our next game. If we do, we could have another 10 win season and continue to build momentum within the program. If not, it’s gonna be a long year.

Either way...f*ck da u and all they stand for!

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
We should have blown Miami out. Outside of the 2 PI calls, everything seemed to go against us. I kept thinking, how in the hell does the ball keep bouncing their way? I don't recall many games going like that.

But to answer the question... I very much enjoyed this game. Only the 2nd time that I can remember beating Miami(I was born in '85). I'm convinced that whatever success we achieve this year, won't happen with Franks under center. He just Haven't improved. Or at least it wasn't apparent in game 1.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We should have blown Miami out. Outside of the 2 PI calls, everything seemed to go against us. I kept thinking, how in the hell does the ball keep bouncing their way? I don't recall many games going like that.
Like every single fumble that they managed to recover?

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Like every single fumble that they managed to recover?
Yes. Strange how we seemed to keep causing fumbles and don't pick them up.
Even on our own fumbles, it would always miraculously end up in their hands.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

But to answer the question... I very much enjoyed this game. Only the 2nd time that I can remember beating Miami(I was born in '85). I'm convinced that whatever success we achieve this year, won't happen with Franks under center. He just Haven't improved. Or at least it wasn't apparent in game 1.
Why should we have blown them out? We didn’t take care of the football, couldn’t generate any semblance of a run game and gave them countless opportunities with stupid penalties. We’re fortunate they missed that chip shot field goal or we’re 0-1 right now.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's really hard to enjoy a win that you deserve to lose. This game reminded me of the 2016 ut game with all of the missed tackles. And let's stop pretending that Miami is now an ACC contender. You have to suck something awful to lose a game against a team that commits 4 turnovers, can't tackle, and commits the dumbest penalties at the worst times.

I don't think all hope is lost. I still think we win 10 this season. I'm just upset that this team completely embarrassed themselves in the premier game of college football. The entire nation was watching... and laughing at us.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Here’s my take. Chimp and Butters would’ve lost this game, plain and simple. Chimp would’ve lost in a squeaker. Butters would’ve been run out of the stadium. We already have evidence of Chimp against Miami. Miami have always given us fits in the past. They beat a Spurrier team in the Sugar, beat the Zooker twice, Urban beat em and don’t remember that much of a dominating performance, and the Chimp losing. I’ve only been watching Gator football since 1995-6. I have only enjoyed two wins over these clowns. Goddamn right, I’m going to enjoy it even if we did look like the Keystone cops

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's really hard to enjoy a win that you deserve to lose. This game reminded me of the 2016 ut game with all of the missed tackles. And let's stop pretending that Miami is now an ACC contender. You have to suck something awful to lose a game against a team that commits 4 turnovers, can't tackle, and commits the dumbest penalties at the worst times.

I don't think all hope is lost. I still think we win 10 this season. I'm just upset that this team completely embarrassed themselves in the premier game of college football. The entire nation was watching... and laughing at us.
At least Franks was a strong, calming presence on the sideline. Didn't act like an idiot at all. That's the kind of leader these players need out there.

:facepalm:

They had the turnover chain, and we had Franks. Not sure which is worse.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If we don't fumble like tards to start the game, it's likely 21-3 and the rout is on.
Yeah and IF we’re playing a decent team WE get blown out with all those self inflicted wounds. Works both ways, Ox. The good news is, like Mullen said, that stuff CAN be corrected. Will it? Time will tell.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I’m of the mindset that last night was the best thing that could have happened to the team. Make every mistake possible to lose the game yet still miraculously win. Those mistakes will foster growth with this team thankfully without having to take a loss to learn those lessons!

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
After all the TV shots of UM players posing with their new turnover jewelry, yes we can enjoy the win. Great to reinforce that you can’t spell suck without da U.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah and IF we’re playing a decent team WE get blown out with all those self inflicted wounds. Works both ways, Ox. The good news is, like Mullen said, that stuff CAN be corrected. Will it? Time will tell.

Why would that much stuff need fixing at this point? Why cant we tackle? What are we doing in practice?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why would that much stuff need fixing at this point? Why cant we tackle? What are we doing in practice?
Not sure what we’re doing in practice. One thing I’m fairly certain of is that we aren’t practicing fumble recovery.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m of the mindset that last night was the best thing that could have happened to the team. Make every mistake possible to lose the game yet still miraculously win. Those mistakes will foster growth with this team thankfully without having to take a loss to learn those lessons!

I'm of the mindset that it's never good to embarrass yourself in front of the entire nation, and that these guys should've already learned all of those valuable lessons last year.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At least Franks was a strong, calming presence on the sideline. Didn't act like an idiot at all. That's the kind of leader these players need out there.

:facepalm:

They had the turnover chain, and we had Franks. Not sure which is worse.

The chain is definitely worse. Franks is just an immature kid. The turnover chain is a stupid thing that is encouraged by a coaching staff that are supposedly grown men.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
The chain is definitely worse. Franks is just an immature kid. The turnover chain is a stupid thing that is encouraged by a coaching staff that are supposedly grown men.
Don’t forget the TD rings. What an embarrassment to college football. Unfortunately, kids nowadays gravitate to stupid gimmicks like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator