Florida beat Miami. Are we allowed to enjoy it?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
The biggest frustration for me was the yard cleanup this morning. Filled up several hefty bags.

Damn good time was had by all.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Why should we have blown them out? We didn’t take care of the football, couldn’t generate any semblance of a run game and gave them countless opportunities with stupid penalties. We’re fortunate they missed that chip shot field goal or we’re 0-1 right now.
You kinda answered your own question, but I'll indulge.
I'm implying that with a clean game this would have been a laugher. How many times can a team make as many unforced errors as we did and still win? Hardly ever! Our D Line was ferocious. They took over the game. Outside of that wildcat run by DJ Dallas, when no one wanted to tackle, the D Line pretty much wrecked their offense. Without those early miscues especially, this game was teetering on getting outta hand. I was watching the game with cane fans. And they were wobbly.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The next morning I enjoy it even less.

We didn't tackle.

We didn't block.

We didn't realize until we'd gone an entire half with 30 yards on the ground that it was time to think different.

With the game in hand and running out the clock the objective, we mind numbingly chose to throw on first down. Of course, it resulted in a pick.

We got burned bad on a fake kick.

The quarterbacking continues to be, for the most part, bad.

In spite of the bad quarterbacking, the dude mugged for the cameras and tried to tell America that he told us so.

Don't get me started on the penalties.

We looked confused and disorganized.

Yes, it was, for all practical intents, a preseason game. No, I didn't expect a Dan Mullen team to look this bad all-around.

Sorry, but this is what you get with Mullen.

Last edited:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm of the mindset that it's never good to embarrass yourself in front of the entire nation, and that these guys should've already learned all of those valuable lessons last year.
What exactly was embarrassing? The fact that we finally beat a team that we’ve been 1-8 against or is it because we didn’t win by 21 points like everyone convinced themselves we would do?

OurProgramIsBroken

Oct 29, 2017
Tebow hyped up the crowd, it was cool.

Franks hyped up the crowd, it’s a problem.

♂️

He made some bad in-game decisions, but that above sentiment is very off putting. IMO, you honestly really don’t want to support him but feel the need to pretend to when we’re winning.
First of all, dont EVER compare Tebow to Franks, no matter what it is. Honestly I've never supported Franks, and I've never "pretended " to. I'm sure he would be a great QB at UAB, but he's not at florida, and never will be.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow hyped up the crowd, it was cool.

Franks hyped up the crowd, it’s a problem.

He made some bad in-game decisions, but that above sentiment is very off putting. IMO, you honestly really don’t want to support him but feel the need to pretend to when we’re winning.
The difference is Tebow actually did something meaningful on the football field.

Franks is simply a blowhard.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You kinda answered your own question, but I'll indulge.
I'm implying that with a clean game this would have been a laugher. How many times can a team make as many unforced errors as we did and still win? Hardly ever! Our D Line was ferocious. They took over the game. Outside of that wildcat run by DJ Dallas, when no one wanted to tackle, the D Line pretty much wrecked their offense. Without those early miscues especially, this game was teetering on getting outta hand. I was watching the game with cane fans. And they were wobbly.
But we didn’t play a clean game. Not even close. I’m sure the Canes are playing the if game, as well. If we just made that field goal. If we just didn’t miss those tackles. If we just didn’t let the damn punter beat us to the edge.
If those things had happened, we might’ve been blown out.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Tell you what. You can pass on your opinion all you want but it that. If you want to pass on that our forum doesn’t have a Schit say in the real world, then what post? If you’d like to compare who’s opinion has actual validity, then let’s do that, but pick a side and stay with it.

On a side note, at one point I thanked you for your service. On second thought, I’m questioning it.

Go
Now you're whinning.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Florida beat Miami. Are we allowed to enjoy it?

Apparently not.........but will celebrate a win over UM cause it has been rare. Go back many years and rival games always
seem to mess with your mind. UF beating half ass U when we was 0-5 and they 5-0. Seemingly having Aub and jawja beaten multiple times but then losing. Seemingly have lost games to UT and then win. If we always looked on the field like we do
on a sports writer's page we coulda been Alabama..........

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
At least Franks was a strong, calming presence on the sideline. Didn't act like an idiot at all. That's the kind of leader these players need out there.

:facepalm:

They had the turnover chain, and we had Franks. Not sure which is worse.
For some reason, I am ok with the chain. The scoring rings though are just stupid. A turnover is special. Somebody on the offense is supposed to score every possession. Do they give them to the kicker after a field goal? How about after an extra point?

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
First of all, dont EVER compare Tebow to Franks, no matter what it is. Honestly I've never supported Franks, and I've never "pretended " to. I'm sure he would be a great QB at UAB, but he's not at florida, and never will be.
Then get the **** out of here and root for another team. Dude is a Gator and OUR starting QB. The fact that you admittedly root against the leader of our team is the cancer within our program and the exact reason our players label people like you bipolar!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Franks had great pregame, postgame and press room interviews. Very professional and was probably a little over the top with his praise of the oline.

He gets hyped on the field when he makes great plays probably because he realizes how vilified he is by Gator fans. Mullin has stated several times he works with the kid to quit reading the trash altogether.

He plays for teammates now and they have his back.

All of this probably works to our advantage in the end. Nothing like an “us against the world” mentality to unify a team.

BTW, Miami did not “deserve” to win. This is football. They had every conceivable opportunity to win and they couldn’t. They weren’t good enough. Period.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Who knows, maybe at season’s end, our victory against Thug U, will be a marquee victory.

Maybe they are a better team than their ranking, or lack there of, shows.

I doubt it, and I am just trying to make chicken salad out of chicken $hit. But, it’s possible

Miami’s D did look legit, but w/ Franks behind center, it’s expected.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Why should we have blown them out? We didn’t take care of the football, couldn’t generate any semblance of a run game and gave them countless opportunities with stupid penalties. We’re fortunate they missed that chip shot field goal or we’re 0-1 right now.

I am not great with math here, but even if they got the FG, it would still be 23-24...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator