Florida played a good game

What is UF's record against USC, UGA, and Missouri?

• 3-0

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 2-1

Votes: 62 48.8%
  • 1-2

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • 0-3

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Minister, you posted all day and night yesterday. Maybe you should go have a Coke and a smile and give the rest of us a breather.

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
I guess this solves it. You really don't know.

Mora is talking about certainty. You might have an impression with some degree of accuracy or other, but at the level of critiquing individual plays and execution, it’s very difficult for the average person to not be talking out of their ass. Unless you know what the play caller is trying to achieve, and the degree to which the team execute it, you really can’t say for sure that a call is a bad call. Not every play is going to the house, and not every punt is due to mistake in play calling.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
With this

Mullen lost this team with this game. We drop USC, UGA, Missouri, and Vandy now.

And this

I’m not sure how anyone could look at that defensive effort and performance and be optimistic about the rest of the season. If UF plays defense even half that badly going forward, we’re going to end up with much worse record than last year.

If Vandy put up 38 on LSU they are thinking 60 against our Gators. Missouri might look to break the NCAA single-game scoring record. UGA May rush for 1,000 yards.

You need to check yourself when saying this

Oh brother. If only we could be as great of a fan as you.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The truth is we're not as bad as we think or as good as hoped. That's to be expected.

What I'm very sure of after Auburn and LSU is that we're a whole lot better than before Mullen arrived.

This ain't gonna get fixed overnight, but I have faith it will get fixed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our only hope was the go aggressive on O. For some reason we didn't do that.
That was about as aggressive as Ive ever seen Mullinz.

He likes those long slow drives. He seems to WANT to be in third and 4-5. He doesnt seem to realize it is just more chances for someone to screw up and result in a punt/turnover on downs etc.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
With this

And this

You need to check yourself when saying this
Euro has been letting me down lately, so your finger-wagging, holier-than-thou lectures are always good to give me my fill.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Minister, you posted all day and night yesterday. Maybe you should go have a Coke and a smile and give the rest of us a breather.

:lol: You’ve been stirring up this board for four days to generate exactly this sort of stuff and now you want it to end? Just when it was getting good!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: You’ve been stirring up this board for four days to generate exactly this sort of stuff and now you want it to end? Just when it was getting good!
There are some posters that I simply don't read their stuff. I see them post and just scroll right by. It's either always incomprehensible, stupid, or both, with no entertainment value.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Mora is talking about certainty. You might have an impression with some degree of accuracy or other, but at the level of critiquing individual plays and execution, it’s very difficult for the average person to not be talking out of their ass. Unless you know what the play caller is trying to achieve, and the degree to which the team execute it, you really can’t say for sure that a call is a bad call. Not every play is going to the house, and not every punt is due to mistake in play calling.
Talking Ass is what SwampDonkey is for...

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
The game plan -- working successfully thus far in the game--- was to make methodical progress, ball-control TD's to slow LSU. For the most part we accomplished this.

In your opinion, it was time to abandon the game plan- even though it was working- and start being more aggressive.
At the time, we also considered ourselves a superior 4th quarter team and that our T.O.P. advantage was going to pay dividends. Why change your game plan. Follow through.
In that position, you want Dan to what OX said and ditch the run plays completely? Throw deep every time with flawless Trask? Foolish.
1.) Trask is turnover prone. Pass Rush was intensifying. He almost got Striped in previous 2nd half drive.
2.) No time to launch deep routes. Besides their corners are fast enough to keep up. Furthermore, Not Trask's strength to go deep. Not that we've seen so far.

Basically, you just disagree in hindsight. The game plan was solid. We just came up short.
No hindsight here, I loudly disagreed at the time. Everyone within a 3 mile radius of my house knew I wasn't happy. The chat box will confirm my displeasure at the time. My point is we needed to continue to attack with Trask as that is what was working. And I just rewatched the sack again. Trask secured the ball very well. He definitely didn't almost get stripped. He had driven us to two TD's on the prior three drives at that point. Benching him for EJ on the next series was taking our foot off the gas, plain and simple.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
No hindsight here, I loudly disagreed at the time. Everyone within a 3 mile radius of my house knew I wasn't happy. The chat box will confirm my displeasure at the time. My point is we needed to continue to attack with Trask as that is what was working. And I just rewatched the sack again. Trask secured the ball very well. He definitely didn't almost get stripped. He had driven us to two TD's on the prior three drives at that point. Benching him for EJ on the next series was taking our foot off the gas, plain and simple.
Honestly, I hated all the EJ calls as well. I enjoy watching Trask dissect defenses. I'm just giving coach the benefit of the doubt, that he had his reasons. And that he knows what he's doing. Obviously, it didn't work for spit. So there's that. It's not Madden for X-Box. It's big time ball, all planned and practiced beforehand. Trask was due for a mistake if we kept dropping back to pass. Coach felt he had to do something more to finish with a win. It didn't work. Who is to say your arm-chair game plan would have been enough to win either? We'll never know.

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Due for a mistake? Come on. The guy gets better every damn game. Don't you think Emory Jones would be just as or more likely to make a mistake?

Even Tom Brady throws picks. This may come as a surprise to you, but the passing scheme gets less and less surprising to the defense every play. After EJs last series, we were held scoreless and Trask threw two picks. One was called back due to penalty.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Even Tom Brady throws picks. This may come as a surprise to you, but the passing scheme gets less and less surprising to the defense every play. After EJs last series, we were held scoreless and Trask threw two picks. One was called back due to penalty.
Please stop posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.