Florida played a good game

What is UF's record against USC, UGA, and Missouri?

• 3-0

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 2-1

Votes: 62 48.8%
  • 1-2

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • 0-3

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’d like to know how we had a realistic shot to win when our opponent scored 42 points while running a total of 46 plays.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’d like to know how we had a realistic shot to win when our opponent scored 42 points while running a total of 46 plays.
You do realize that UF had a 7 point lead in the 2nd half, right? Some of you guys are acting like UF was blown out by 50.

Despite the historically bad defense, UF had a realistic shot to win.

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Its like you read my mind and then go post it.......But on to Tyosn ....I was a big Mike Fan. He was a student of boxing and when the old man died it was downhill. My wife and were watching that fight and it was a huge WTF moment. He had been so dominant till then.

Exactly, and if Mike Tyson had done what he was supposed to do, no one would know his name.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We weren’t beating bama with Mac’s teams. Or Nebraska in 95. I could go on and on. Lots of games are total losses.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize that UF had a 7 point lead in the 2nd half, right? Some of you guys are acting like UF was blown out by 50.

Despite the historically bad defense, UF had a realistic shot to win.
Exactly. I thought that pick in the endzone pretty much ended it . But then we drove it down the field and couldn't punch it in and make it interesting.. We kept answering. We definitely didn't move the ball as easily as they did but we hung in there and if we could have made a play on defense, there would have been a different outcome.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
They didn't have just 42 plays because of anything we did. They only had 42 plays because it took them about 2-3 plays to score on us when they got the ball. Lets stop making stuff up. We had a chance to win against a team that is much better than us and for once I think we actually get to credit our Offense for it instead of our Defense. For the last 9 years we have had to rely on the Defense. Well ... they got burnt all night. Kudos to our O.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we actually get to credit our Offense for it instead of our Defense. For the last 9 years we have had to rely on the Defense. Well ... they got burnt all night. Kudos to our O.
We really werent particularly good on offense either, just not a total failure like defense was.
We scored 28 points, 10 less than Vandy, against a bad LSU defense.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
We scored 28 points, 10 less than Vandy.

We really werent particularly good on offense either, just not a total failure like defense was
Will you stop this idiotic crap? Have you looked at the game recap? They scored 10 offensive points in the first half. LSU was winning 45-17 (VU got a fumble recovery TD too) and started subbing on defense. Next thing you know, both teams start trading scores.

The game atmosphere was totally different and LSU was playing a much higher level than they did against VU. Our offense was operating at as high a level as I can remember, at least within the last decade. Think about it - take our INT away and give it to LSU on a scoring drive and the result of that game is flipped. It was that tight and we drove the ball that well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, youre saying they scored 38 points?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
That's what made it considerably more painful. If UF had just gotten blown off the field and was never in the game, it wouldn't feel as bad.

I pretty much feel the same way. But in IMO, the loss itself was more disappointing than truly damaging. We were outmatched at multiple key positions, and the fact that we kept it as close as we did is just going to have to be good enough - FOR NOW. I hate being materially inferior to the better teams in the country as much as anyone. But it is what it is - and nothing short of significantly better recruiting is going to change that fact. Despite what some seem to believe, there are no magic wands or alternate realities. Instant gratification is the province of fast food joints and masturbatory fantasies - not that there's anything wrong with that. Championship caliber FB in the SEC takes a little longer. We are who we recruit and at the moment, we aren't who we want to be.

For the moment, I'm much more concerned by the immediate injury situation on defense - and by the game this weekend. If we do beat SC, and I think we will, we should have some momentum and perhaps a somewhat healthier roster going into Jax. And the last time I looked, UGA is sure as hell no juggernaut. I believe a 10-2 or better regular season would have been viewed as a long shot by just about everyone outside of Gator Nation. The general consensus as I recall was anywhere between 7-5 and maybe 9-3. We are now 6-1 and there is not a team on our remaining schedule that we have no chance of beating. Don't give up the ship - not yet anyway.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I pretty much feel the same way. But in IMO, the loss itself was more disappointing than truly damaging. We were outmatched at multiple key positions,.
I'm curious, at which position would you say we were not outmatched?

I hate being materially inferior to the better teams in the country as much as anyone. But it is what it is - and nothing short of significantly better recruiting is going to change that fact..
the whole crew of "stars don't matter" folks here that are going to really be mad at you.

I heard that we were coaching are three stars up to be 5 stars.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I'm curious, at which position would you say we were not outmatched?

the whole crew of "stars don't matter" folks here that are going to really be mad at you.

I heard that we were coaching are three stars up to be 5 stars.
Part A is obviously a trick question - but keep trying, you sly donkey.

Part B is probably true but it won't be the first time an impressive number of people have been thoroughly pissed at me. I doubt it will be the last.

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Part A is obviously a trick question - but keep trying, you sly donkey.

Part B is probably true but it won't be the first time an impressive number of people have been thoroughly pissed at me. I doubt it will be the last.

Part B is a straw man. Typical sophistry, or anti integrity depending on how you prefer to phrase it, mixed with the sowing of discord. Sociopathy in other words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator