Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine being the head coach of your second major college football team in the state of Florida and not knowing your players should be hydrated.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
He had this problem at Oregon. There are 2 lawsuits against him, Oderinde, and the university. Oderinde is the same S&C coach involved in the "death by up-downs" lawsuit. To have hydration issues again? I'm stunned.

From a football standpoint, I'd negative recruit the hell out of this. All one needs to do is show recruits the news stories. You don't even need to say anything.

What’s with all the coaches who can’t learn from their mistakes??? How do they remain employed? It’s baffling.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
You live where the temperature is 140 degrees in the shade 10 months a year. Willie's brain or whatever he has is dehydrated. But it is more that just that. It is what I talk about all the time. Game management. Sure everyone loves running as many plays as fast as you can and that is the way to do it. Well guess what? When it does not work and you consistently go three and out and burn 26 seconds off the clock, your defense returns to the field. And guess what? I know many people do not care about time of possession, but I do. Sure you do not have to win TOP to win the game, but when you choose to care more about # of plays run on offense, vs. managing the entire game, when your offense is stymied, you are going to lose the game most of the time. Running offense at break neck speed is awesome if you are scoring, but if you are being shut down, all you are doing is hurting your team. The best defenses are not just great b/c of talent and scheme, but also because they are relatively fresh and not asked to put out 30 fires a game. I would never trade TOP for scoring TD's, but I will trade TOP for not scoring TD's every Saturday and twice on Sunday.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You live where the temperature is 140 degrees in the shade 10 months a year. WiLLLLLLLie's brain or whatever he has is dehydrated. But it is more that just that. It is what I talk about all the time. Game management. Sure everyone loves running as many plays as fast as you can and that is the way to do it. Well guess what? When it does not work and you consistently go three and out and burn 26 seconds off the clock, your defense returns to the field. And guess what? I know many people do not care about time of possession, but I do. Sure you do not have to win TOP to win the game, but when you choose to care more about # of plays run on offense, vs. managing the entire game, when your offense is stymied, you are going to lose the game most of the time. Running offense at break neck speed is awesome if you are scoring, but if you are being shut down, all you are doing is hurting your team. The best defenses are not just great b/c of talent and scheme, but also because they are relatively fresh and not asked to put out 30 fires a game. I would never trade TOP for scoring TD's, but I will trade TOP for not scoring TD's every Saturday and twice on Sunday.
I often find TOP to be a misleading stat, but when you double your opponent's TOP, as Boise did, it is significant. I mentioned this in an earlier post, but when your D is on the field for that many plays, they are going to be gassed. (It didn't help that they weren't able to stop Boise from marching up and down the field, pretty much at will.)

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Listening to a couple of fsux podcasts.

1. Players on D aren’t lining up correctly. According to wiLLLLLLLLie, it is most of them. They are in the second season. That many players still not lining up correctly is all on the coaches.

2. An odd switch from the 4-3 to 3-4 even though they don’t have the players for that scheme.

3. Bizarre substitutions. Apparently, they literally played 3 deep the entire game. The beat guys were stunned that so many 3rd string guys were being run ot there in a big game.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

1. Players on D aren’t lining up correctly. According to wiLLLLLLLLie, it is most of them. They are in the second season. That many players still not lining up correctly is all on the coaches.

2. An odd switch from the 4-3 to 3-4 even though they don’t have the players for that scheme.

3. Bizarre substitutions. Apparently, they literally played 3 deep the entire game. The beat guys were stunned that so many 3rd string guys were being run ot there in a big game.

And they were still gassed in the fourth quarter?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This guy is grasping at straws. Maybe his brain needs to be hydrated. I would suggest large doses of alcohol before every game. Although that might be overkill. If it's broke don't fix it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe they need to bring back "Fire Water"

Taggart: Dehydration possible factor in FSU loss

Taggart: Dehydration possible factor in FSU loss
As many have opined, it is quite inconceivable that a coach at any level in the state of Florida would not have his team properly hydrated in preparation for a game this day and time. However, you can pump all the fluids you want in an athlete who is not well-conditioned and you still have a player who is inferior to an opponent who is both properly hydrated and game ready from a strength and conditioning standpoint. A personal opinion in that regard is if F$U hasn't put the time and work into the conditioning aspect, it's hard to sustain a winning level of play against a good opponent who doesn't quit. The Nole$ seemed unable to respond to the punches Boise was throwing in the second half and couldn't find the necessary spark to put them away. We used to call it a "front runner" mentality. These type teams could play with a lead and against an opponent who would give up, but they would lose their grip and couldn't recover when the other team fought back, punched them in the mouth.

Kids will ultimately do what you allow, good or bad, and if allowed will try and rely on natural ability over discipline, technique, and fitness level. This looks to be more of a coaching and expectations problem than anything. They've got a job to do to turn it around. I'm not pulling for them to get it done. But if they ever award points for team pre-game dance, Taggart might have a chance at some positive national recognition.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
No doubt they were gassed. But right from the opening drive Boise knocked their azz’s backwards and drove down the field. Boise moved the ball all day.

How about this.....they just suck.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So out of Willie's 52 career wins as a head coach, only 14 of them have come against FBS teams that finished the season with a winning record. :lmao2:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
For an example of how - most - other coaches take hydration, this is from Tom Herman's first year at Texas (I'm sure he picked this up from Meyer because of the "champion" thing). It's inexcusable that it's even an excuse to be dehydrated:

upload_2019-9-3_16-8-0.png

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dehydration my azz. Those were the most watered down offense and defense most have ever seen.
If they were dehydrated could they have spared those tears?
Wiltee will next be using received death-threats as reason for his inability to produce a competitive football team.
No shark, Wiltee will be nakedly mounting a flounder in a flat out vexual assault.
IMO, Wiltee deserted Oregon to avoid a rebuilding chore, as he saw FSU "loaded" with lots of high-star athletes such that wins would just fall into place. Oops, Wiltee, you better become an HC real soon. And that's the name of that tune.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Taggart: Lack of Film Study, Adjustments factors in FSU loss
11:16 AM ET
  • i

Adam RittenbergESPN Senior Writer

After watching Florida State lose in Saturday's season-opening loss to Boise State, coach Willie Taggart is examining where he might have found film on his opponent.

On his weekly radio show Monday, Taggart said he has spoken with FSU's media staff about better cable oprtions that include more programming after seeing several players admitted they had no preparation for Boise State.

"It's tough", said Taggart. "We don't get the Mountain West or whatever games here in Tallahassee, so how can we see film to prepare for the adjustments they usually make?"

"We had Cox, but switched this off-season to CableOne, " he continued. "May be time we look into Dish."

A distraught locker room was filled with emotion after the game. While some looked dejected, other players looked forward to the challenges ahead. One thing is certain, it won't get any easier. Louisiana-Monroe hasn't been on national television since 2007. Monday's "Just Dance" routine likely just got a little more intense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator