Florida's All-Time Offensive Team

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With some good OL'men I still say the "Great Wall" was the best total unit at UF!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n182933]It's amazing how quickly you forget who did the blocking.

Q Tim Tebow
RB Emmitt Smith
FB James Jones
WR Wes Chandler
WR Percy Harvin
TE Ben Troupe
T Lomas Brown
T Kenyatta Walker
G Jeff Zimmerman
G Mike Pouncey
C Maurkice Pouncey[/QUOTE]
This list is incredibly solid. But I'd have to have John L at FB just slightly, David Williams at tackle over KW, and Hernandez at TE.

Hilliard at WR and move PH to hybrid if I could, but you can't leave Percy off this list, period.

Also I have to add, this list starts with Chandler.....best I've ever seen on the gridiron.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n182960 said:
Uhhh, because he wasn't really a receiver at all. Didn't run routes. He was just a guy who caught screen passes or crossers then took them to the house.....NTTAWT. I guess I'd call him a tailback who sometimes played the slot. His AA honors were as kick returner/all purpose and he got basically the same honors as Brandon James.

But mostly because he didn't play if he didn't want to, was suspended for fighting players, was suspended for fighting coaches, or was suspended for failing numerous drug tests. I get the yard per catch argument but the fact that he only got on the field 10 plays even when he wasn't suspended/hurt (or just didn't want to play) factors in to me. He gets shiitbag pain in the azz demerits and doesn't really have the resume anyway. We have like 10 receivers with more All American honors, so someone--actually a lot of someones-- agrees with me.

We get it. Percy was a winner at UF and you hated that about him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n183220 said:
He was part of the GREAT WALL. Went to Dallas awhile.

He had a decent professional career, but it was what he did afterward that really impresses. I met him several times while he was at UF, out and about and once for a lengthy sit down interview. He seemed like your typical meathead football player. I had completely underestimated him in terms of business intelligence and will to succeed. He bought a Largo sports bar in 1994 and, through sheer effort and diligence, turned it into ultra-successful chain of 24 stores. Last year he sold WingHouse to a private equity group for $50 million. Suffice it to say, he's living pretty well these days.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n183255]

He had a decent professional career, but it was what he did afterward that really impresses. I met him several times while he was at UF, out and about and once for a lengthy sit down interview. He seemed like your typical meathead football player. I had completely underestimated him in terms of business intelligence and will to succeed. He bought a Largo sports bar in 1994 and, through sheer effort and diligence, turned it into ultra-successful chain of 24 stores. Last year he sold WingHouse to a private equity group for $50 million. Suffice it to say, he's living pretty well these days.[/QUOTE]

Yes he is.. I used to run into him and Dwayne Schintzius at the Largo WingHouse while watching Cowboys games in the mid 00's. Has great stories and was really engaging. It was always a pleasure to run into him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
QB: D. Wuerfell
HB: E. Smith
FB: JL Williams
OT: L. Brown
OG: J. Zimmerman
C: Ma. Pouncey
OG: B. Lawless
OT: J. Odom
WR: C. Alvarez
WR: W. Chandler
TE: A. Hernandez
Utility: P. Harvin

P. Harvin was a man without a tradition position, so you can't really give him one.

The hardest positions to choose where OT, C, and WR... going through lists of players who have played those positions we have had some really good ones. At Center you had three guys who have been excellent and all worth the top spot. At OT we have had a large number come through, and it is also a pointed issue that the last OT draft from Florida in the first round was K. Walker... that is an issue. Wide Receiver like Cornerback is a position of wealth. It was a hard decision on who to decide, Alvarez is a no brainer, but the second spot was hard. Went Chandler due to how long his accomplishments have been the standard when he was on a run oriented offense under Doug Dickey.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My Memory only goes back to 91 so that's all i will include

QB- Tebow (Wuerffel was the better throwing QB but Tebow was the ultimate team leader and that's what i want at QB)
RB- Rhett
WR- Hilliard
WR- Gaffney
WR/RB- Harvin (i would find a way to get this talent on the field)
TE- Troupe (would put AH in there if there wasn't the whole killing people thing)
T- Pearson
T- Walker
G- Pouncey
G- Pouncey
C- Jeff Mitchell

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n182960 said:
Uhhh, because he wasn't really a receiver at all. Didn't run routes. He was just a guy who caught screen passes or crossers then took them to the house.....NTTAWT. I guess I'd call him a tailback who sometimes played the slot. His AA honors were as kick returner/all purpose and he got basically the same honors as Brandon James.

But mostly because he didn't play if he didn't want to, was suspended for fighting players, was suspended for fighting coaches, or was suspended for failing numerous drug tests. I get the yard per catch argument but the fact that he only got on the field 10 plays even when he wasn't suspended/hurt (or just didn't want to play) factors in to me. He gets shiitbag pain in the azz demerits and doesn't really have the resume anyway. We have like 10 receivers with more All American honors, so someone--actually a lot of someones-- agrees with me.

His AA honors were as all purpose/jack of all trades perhaps..but to my knowledge...he never returned a single kick of punt..we had Brandon James do each.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He definitely returned some kicks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
i didn't even remember Jason Odom when I posted this thread. I'd put him in front of Walker if I had.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Danny wins at QB because I like pocket passers. Fred wins because he is one of the most freakish backs I have ever seen.

QB - Danny Wuerrfel
HB - Fred Taylor
FB - John L. Williams
TE - Kirk Kirkpatrick
WR - Percy Harvin
WR - Ricky Nattiel
T - Lomas Brown
T - Jason Odom
G - Jeff Zimmerman
G - Donnie Young
C - Maurkice Pouncey

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n183741 said:
I am pretty sure he didn't. They let Fayson try a few but never Harvin I think.

Yeah, I was wrong.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Continuation from the All Time Defense thread. Here is our list of AP 1st team AA's, the elite of the elite.

QB: SOS, Danny, Rex, Tim
RB: Emmitt
OL: Lomas, Odom, Pearson,
WR: Jack Jackson, Quezzie, Jabar
TE: (he who shall not be named)
P/K: Chas,

Charlie LaPradd “tackle”, Dale Van Sickel “end”, and Charles Casey “end”, leather helmet guys. I didn't bother to look to see if they were offense, defense, or both.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n183684 said:
He definitely returned some kicks.

Nope. Brandon James handled basically every punt and kick return from 2006-08. Harvin never returned a kick as a result of Bubba Caldwell breaking his femur on a kick return vs. UT in 2005. Urban stopped using his best offensive playmakers as returners after that. But don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

As far as Percy is concerned, put him wherever you want on our all time offensive team, the guy had nearly 4,000 yards from scrimmage in 3 years (minus several games missed due to "migraines") and averaged over 11 yards per touch. Granted, he benefited from Tebow getting a lot of attention (and Tebow benefited from Harvin's presence), but you can't leave him off our all time offense.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why has no one stated that Grossman should be the starting QB? He had the best arm of all our AA QB's and he was mobile enough to elude the pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.