Florida's All-Time Offensive Team

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n184569 said:
Where does Pepe Lescano fall on this list?
Just behind Johnny Nichols. Nichols gets the nod for helping reel in his teammate from Pensacola Escambia.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n187466 said:
This +1000. He threw a BEAUTIFUL deep ball and stuck with the Gators thru some atrocious times, yet never complained. You don't put up his stats and suck.
One of my all time favorite gators probably # 2 behind Fred Taylor. Glad he won us a championship but it would have been awsome to see him play for spurrier

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n188044 said:
Glad he won us a championship but it would have been awsome to see him play for spurrier

UF would have 4 Heisman winners.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a question. Who would you take as your college quarterback, Chris Leak or Rex Grossman?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n188053 said:
Which should be five because Grossman was robbed!

So who was our 4th winner?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n188079 said:
Leak. He is a champion.

Let me counter that for the sake of discussion. What if Jarvis Moss doesn't block the South Carolina kick? What if Docket doesn't twist Graham's knee? That 2001 team led by Grossman was awfully damn good, esp when you look at them on tape against Maryland in the Orange.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n188078]Here's a question. Who would you take as your college quarterback, Chris Leak or Rex Grossman? [/QUOTE]
Grossman with Spurrier as the HC any day...Leak was a damn good QB but not on his level.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n188087]

Let me counter that for the sake of discussion. What if Jarvis Moss doesn't block the South Carolina kick? What if Docket doesn't twist Graham's knee? That 2001 team led by Grossman was awfully damn good, esp when you look at them on tape against Maryland in the Orange. [/QUOTE]

Yes they were very good that night. Being there was glad to see what would eventually be Spurr Dogs last game as HBC at UF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n188087]Let me counter that for the sake of discussion. What if Jarvis Moss doesn't block the South Carolina kick? What if Docket doesn't twist Graham's knee? That 2001 team led by Grossman was awfully damn good, esp when you look at them on tape against Maryland in the Orange. [/QUOTE]
Yeah, there is a pretty good argument that the 2001 team was our most talented. Yet Grossman won nothing. Not even the division.

I don't care much about What Ifs. One IS a champion and one ISN'T. And frankly the one who ISN'T had a MUCH better OC than the one who ISN'T.

Both played for Zook and true freshman Leak put up less INTs and a better QB rating, same TDs, and only slightly less yardage, even though he didn't play the first few games.

The attitude also matters and Chris Leak wins that battle, too. I like Sexy Rexy but Chris wins this one easily.

chris-leak-jpg.172

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting how things can work out. Rex get shut out of the heisman. Leak wins the Championships. Gotta go with Leak.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Law98gator;n188102 said:
Yeah, there is a pretty good argument that the 2001 team was our most talented. Yet Grossman won nothing. Not even the division.

I don't care much about What Ifs. One IS a champion and one ISN'T. And frankly the one who ISN'T had a MUCH better OC than the one who ISN'T.

Both played for Zook and true freshman Leak put up less INTs and a better QB rating, same TDs, and only slightly less yardage, even though he didn't play the first few games.

The attitude also matters and Chris Leak wins that battle, too. I like Sexy Rexy but Chris wins this one easily.

chris-leak-jpg.172

This. Rex was a gunslinger but also had the tendency to go mental at the wrong time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n188102 said:
Yet Grossman won nothing. Not even the division.

Why would you make a statement like that knowing Grossman can't stop the run on defense, which not coincidentally happens to be the primary reason why we didn't play in the national championship game that season? Football is, was and shall ever remain a TEAM game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n188087]

Let me counter that for the sake of discussion. What if Jarvis Moss doesn't block the South Carolina kick? What if Docket doesn't twist Graham's knee? That 2001 team led by Grossman was awfully damn good, esp when you look at them on tape against Maryland in the Orange. [/QUOTE]

Just think if Grossman played the full game... instead of violating team rules the week before the game. I have always believed we were the only team in 2001 that could have competed against that Scum team that won the title that year. But that doesn't change the fact that we lost two games we shouldn't have lost, putting us in the position we were in. The Docket only is one game, what about the other loss? So the What ifs, are just that... what ifs.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Grossman was a real talent. What he did to Maryland still amazes me. Chris Leak was a winner. The MF never quit when all that crap went down and he kept changing off coordinators. He accepted the sharing of the position. You gotta give him all the credit for his character and titles. Like I said. He is the only UF qb to crack the top five stat wise besides SOS QBs. I always said he was a perfect SOS QB because of his toughness and smarts. A lot like Danny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.