Florida's All-Time Offensive Team

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
This thread is bringing back some great memories. Man I really hope Mac brings UF football back where it belongs.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Best Gator WRs

Forrest K. "Fergie" Ferguson, Charles Casey, Carlos Alvarez, Wes Chandler, Cris Collinsworth, Ricky Nattiel, Willie Jackson, Jack Jackson, Chris Doering, Reidel Anthony, Ike Hilliard, Jabbar Gaffney, Percy Harvin

(so many more names that you could put on the list...Richard Trapp, Travis Taylor, Tyrone Young, Taylor Jacobs, Reche Caldwell, Harrison Houston, Andre Caldwell, Chad Jackson, Ernie Mills, Quez Green, Darrell Jackson, Travis McGriff, Louis Murphy, etc. we've really been blessed with great WRs)

Possession type guys--Casey, Willie Jackson, Doering Those guys could get open in a phone booth, and were money on third down and in the red zone

Burners--Alvarez, Chandler, Collinsworth, Nattiel, Jack Jackson, Anthony, Hilliard, Harvin One misstep and they were gone

Multiple Threat--Chandler, Harvin Deadly with the ball in their hands

What ifs?
What if Alvarez didn't have knee problems that slowed him down late in his career and and what if the Graves remained his coach instead of Dickey? What if Collinsworth played WR his entire career and played with better players? What if Chandler played on a team that didn't run the wishbone? What if Percy had a little discipline and played on a Spurrier-coached team?

Dunno much about Fergie Ferguson but his receiving records stood until Spurrier came along. That's impressive. He was the state collegiate boxing champion at a time when that was a big deal and he was an AAU national champion in the javelin throw. Fergie died as a result of wounds sustained on D-Day while bravely clearing barbed wire with a bangalore torpedo. Imagine a length of pipe full of explosives. You screw a bunch of them together to make a longer length then push them under the barbed wire. Then you detonate it blowing a clear path through the wire. Yeah, he did that under withering German fire and later died of his wounds. He was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross, second only to the Medal of Honor. Today, the team honors the senior who exhibits outstanding leadership, character, and courage with an award in his name. He probably wore a leather helmet but he makes my list.

I'll go Wes Chandler and Carlos Alvarez as the top two with Cris Collinsworth and Jabbar Gaffney backing them up.

Alex.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n183864 said:
Rex won a SEC title, was second in the Heisman race his Sophomore year. He would probably had won a NC title if SOS didn't leave.

If not for Darnell Dockett, Rex very well could've won an NC with Spurrier

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n184118 said:
I'll go Wes Chandler and Carlos Alvarez as the top two with Cris Collinsworth and Jabbar Gaffney backing them up.

Completely disagree with leaving Harvin off of a four deep WR group.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n183979 said:
No mention of Leak?

Chuck 'N Duck? He doesn't sniff the 3 deep. Hell I'd take Kresser over Leak in a heartbeat.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Some of you guys are going to put James Jones ahead of "Give 'em hell" John L. Williams who had more rushing yards while at UF and in the NFL? Both are on the 100 best Florida HS players list from 2007 BTW.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe i forgot Chris Doering on my list...was my favorite WR during those years. :facepalm:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n184131 said:
Some of you guys are going to put James Jones ahead of "Give 'em hell" John L. Williams who had more rushing yards while at UF and in the NFL? Both are on the 100 best Florida HS players list from 2007 BTW.

I could have just as easily picked Williams over Jones. I hemmed myself in by trying to make the second running back selection a fullback. Heck, nobody uses fullbacks anymore. I should have just picked a second great running back, and that would have been Taylor.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Chris Leak is the only non sos QB to crack the top 5 in stats ( TT probably did too) and the kid was loyal through more sh#t than you find in a sewage plant.
Rick Casares was an amazing athlete great RB, boxer and stud forward on the gator basketball team.
As for Rex he was robbed of a Heisman and had SOS stayed probably sets records wins hardware and is right there with danny timmy and steve or even beyond.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n184228 said:
Chris Leak is the only non sos QB to crack the top 5 in stats ( TT probably did too) and the kid was loyal through more sh#t than you find in a sewage plant..
Exactly. He is one of the most accurate passers I ever saw.

Chris Leak came to UF despite Fooley hiring his first moron, then stayed through the next moron OC who wanted to run Bob Davie's option. I don't know why idiots hate him because he wasn't a tailback wannabe. The one game he as actually allowed to attack the defense, he destroyed the Suckeyes on the biggest stage.

He's an all time Gator great no doubt. And he didn't miss half his career due to "headaches" against all the lesser teams or suspensions due to drug use or fighting his teammates or coaches.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My this is cathartic. :lol:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Two other real solid TE's left off the list are Chris Faulkner and Mike Mularkey. MM had 9 years in the NFL.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n184131 said:

Totally agree. Williams could have been the featured back; he had a great high school career in Palatka. He was a team player and played fullback as Neil Anderson and Lorenzo Hampton were in the same backfield. If Williams had been the featured back, his numbers would have been off the charts (IMO).

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Law98gator;n184242 said:

Chris Leak came to UF despite Fooley hiring his first moron, then stayed through the next moron OC who wanted to run Bob Davie's option. I don't know why idiots hate him because he wasn't a tailback wannabe. The one game he as actually allowed to attack the defense, he destroyed the Suckeyes on the biggest stage.

He's an all time Gator great no doubt. And he didn't miss half his career due to "headaches" against all the lesser teams or suspensions due to drug use or fighting his teammates or coaches.
And this is why I love you you #*@&$)#)@#.... cause you get it. (most of the time)

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wes Chandler and Ike Hilliard had incredible hands, could fly and were especially elusive after the catch. The best two WR IMO.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Good picks there. So many to choose from when they are all different. I remember so many doing amazing things......Richard Trapp, Charles Casey, Lee Mcgriff, Chris Doering. Willie Jackson, Carlos Alvarez, Ricky Natteil, Ben Troup had WR skills, Jack Jackson.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Where does Pepe Lescano fall on this list?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Hal Seymour was an amazing punter. Maybe was bare footed if I remember.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Law98gator;n184242 said:

This +1000. He threw a BEAUTIFUL deep ball and stuck with the Gators thru some atrocious times, yet never complained. You don't put up his stats and suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.