Foley Bashers Rejoice! Foley set to announce retirement today

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think this would be a great hire for us. He has made good coaching hires for AZ (Rodriguez and Miller). He has upgraded the facilities. He is young and embraces technology and he apparently is great at fundraising.

Sounds like a perfect fit for what we need.
I think it would be pretty good. Idk any better candidates. Not in love with dick rod but it was obviously the best hire for arizona. I think I'd be happy with it

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think it would be pretty good. Idk any better candidates. Not in love with dick rod but it was obviously the best hire for arizona. I think I'd be happy with it

I wouldn't want "dick rod" as UF coach, but I agree he was a good hire for AZ.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Franz Beard is getting a ton of mileage out of that article.

The thing w/ Franz is he throws a TON of sh*t at the wall and hopes some of it sticks.

If UF hires this guy you WILL NOT hear the end of it from him. He'll miss on 30 guesses....but if one of them hits he will remind you until the cows come home! He's a blowhard and the single biggest Gator homer writer in the business. Sadly, he has a million sheep that follow him around worshiping him.....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franz Beard is getting a ton of mileage out of that article.

The thing w/ Franz is he throws a TON of sh*t at the wall and hopes some of it sticks.

If UF hires this guy you WILL NOT hear the end of it from him. He'll miss on 30 guesses....but if one of them hits he will remind you until the cows come home! He's a blowhard and the single biggest Gator homer writer in the business. Sadly, he has a million sheep that follow him around worshiping him.....
Yeah, I agree. I don't think hes really in the know but it's the first name that's popped up so I figured I would post it.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Does Foley get any credit for getting Spurrier back as Ambassador? Or does that credit go to Mac? Or does Spurrier keep the credit himself for calling Foley and explaining this is something he cannot refuse?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Does Foley get any credit for getting Spurrier back as Ambassador? Or does that credit go to Mac? Or does Spurrier keep the credit himself for calling Foley and explaining this is something he cannot refuse?
Foley was on the radio last week and said Mac was the one who was pushing for this to happen

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier did the PC thing and thanked Foley, but later as he spoke about Mac, he said Mac's ongoing encouragement for him to be around the program had made it possible. I think Mac was pushing the advantages of hiring Steve, and that Foley's nearing official exit as AD have helped to make this possible. Foley goes out on popular moves, Mac gets Spurrier added to the program, and Spurrier gets to stay engaged with the Gator program with more of the fun and way way less of the daily grind a coach would have..

Edit" Oops. Post above mine confirms Mac's involvement.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
New AD, new football coach, new basketball coach, new ambassador, new facilities, new stadium name.

All we need now is something old. Like another championship.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but he was a four star popcorn popper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator