Foley Bashers Rejoice! Foley set to announce retirement today

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Foley did a great job at making our "Olympic sports" flourish while overseeing the best "Overall Athletic Program" in the Country. Thanks Foley!!!

That being said...it's a "New Day" in college Athletics where you need to "have the best of the best" to allow you to get the players you need to win Championships. In that world you need an AD with an aggressive approach to get the coaches what they need to bring in the players it takes to be the best. Hopefully we already have that "AD" in our pocket! #HireTomJurich #NewEra #ChompChomp

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Greatest era in Gator athletics overseen by one of the greatest Gators of all time!
Thanks for the memories!

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Thank you Jeremy Foley for being a class act and for making Florida more than just a football school. He wasn't perfect but he was very good. Let's hope the next AD is in his league and not like the big drop off like from Urban to Will. :burn2:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Foley's replacement is a more critical selection than some may think. And as much as I love SOS, he would be a terrible AD.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hey rocketcitygator, just curious why there are 10 people saying they want SOS and yet I get a dislike for saying so? You dont like SOS?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Hey rocketcitygator, just curious why there are 10 people saying they want SOS and yet I get a dislike for saying so? You dont like SOS?

Nothing personal, I gave a dislike to everyone who put SOS forward.

And regards SOS, I love Spurrier, the greatest Gator ever. But he'd make a terrible AD. SOS lacks the temperament and, at 71, probably the energy to manage the best sports program in the SEC.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier would not only be a terrible AD, he wouldn't want the job anyway. That's not saying you don't like him, that's just being honest. The man quit coaching football in part because he hated recruiting, so you want him to take a job that juggles the amount of tasks that an AD does? Not only that, he's in his 70's. This isn't a job for the elderly.

Foley is one of the best ever, he'll be missed. I just hope they replace him with someone who has the same drive and determination to create the best athletic department in the country.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan, I gave you a like because of your sharp wordplay. We're losing an
important "position-coach" in Foley, so sending out an sos is accurate.

I love Spurrier too, but I want him to "sculpt" his retirement for maximum pleasure, not
taking on such a stressful demanding job.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Its likely never going to happen but I like the thought of SOS having a role here. He is probably too old for the position.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They can make Spurrier an "advisor" of some kind....something that takes very little work.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Spurdog is 71. He isn't going to take a full time job like this at his age, nor should he.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.