Former Cuse HC Pasqualoni joins UF staff

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do, it’s just funny that you contour every thing this staff does into a negative.
Please, tell us what they are doing that is positive?

Other than positively taking another month off work?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hiring more staff than we’ve ever had, seemingly. And they seem like quality staff hires.
The staff problems need to be fixed by hiring 30-80 people. Not 3. Especially given that we lost 3 or 4 already. If you hire 30 people it doesn't matter if one is a fossil that can only work 3-5 hours a day and only on days his prostate isn't bothering him.

Nothing has been fixed in the slightest.

It's just more Big Lots shopping UF never going to understand what it takes to compete bullshyt.

If you're hiring a guy to fix your plumbing you don't hire a guy who's never seen a bathroom before.

It's the same when you hire guys to win championships. Stricklin has never been within the same state as a championship team. And Cousin Eddie is excited when he only loses 3.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The staff problems need to be fixed by hiring 30-80 people. Not 3. Especially given that we lost 3 or 4 already. If you hire 30 people it doesn't matter if one is a fossil that can only work 3-5 hours a day and only on days his prostate isn't bothering him.

Nothing has been fixed in the slightest.

It's just more Big Lots shopping UF never going to understand what it takes to compete bullshyt.

If you're hiring a guy to fix your plumbing you don't hire a guy who's never seen a bathroom before.

It's the same when you hire guys to win championships. Stricklin has never been within the same state as a championship team. And Cousin Eddie is excited when he only loses 3.
so I guess they just shouldn't hire anyone then?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
so I guess they just shouldn't hire anyone then?
If you only have one it shouldnt be some ancient ass part-timer who struggles to remember what day of the week it is.

But I'm sure he was cheap.

We arent hiring more. We are replacing the ones that went to jail or took another job. I think we lost four last year.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought they hired two ancient ass part timers?
no, unless you mean Nord. There are rumors that Nord is still sleeping in the building somewhere. I don't think we are actually paying him (anymore).

no I think the former UL OC was a pretty good hire. I agree with LtRaz that I wouldn't really want him as OC but most staffers are guys who cannot get a job as an OC.

Let me ask you, how do you think an ancient motherfuchser from Syracuse and Deetroit helps w recruiting? Vs Charley Strong, one of the most beloved dudes in Florida. why do you think Alabama hired one and not the other?

Losing every battle. We have to win some. And this SHOULD have been easy.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
So... maybe not the best but better than nothing? They’re staff - not sure why we need an in depth review of their on field coaching resumes. I’m sure they can break down film just fine, which is basically what we’re paying them to do right? Pas is almost assuredly over qualified for his job and McGee does something well enough to get a D1 OC shot. Neither are being brought in to fix recruiting so I’m totally fine with them as staff. Odd thing to bitch about.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So... maybe not the best but better than nothing? They’re staff - not sure why we need an in depth review of their on field coaching resumes. I’m sure they can break down film just fine, which is basically what we’re paying them to do right? Pas is almost assuredly over qualified for his job and McGee does something well enough to get a D1 OC shot. Neither are being brought in to fix recruiting so I’m totally fine with them as staff. Odd thing to ***** about.
No, they are going to be in the box also trying to tell the coordinators what's going on. if you've ever seen me a press box you'll see there's about 6 people up there with binoculars.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
no I think the former UL OC was a pretty good hire.

unless you mean Nord. there are rumors that Nord is still sleeping in the building somewhere.

Let me ask you, how do you think an ancient motherfuchser from Syracuse and Deetroit helps w recruiting? Vs Charley Strong, one of the most beloved dudes in Florida. why do you think Alabama hired one and not the other?

Losing every battle.
He’s not being brought in for recruiting. If he was, I’d agree. You could make a good argument that Mullen needs to pull his head out of his ass and stop focusing on improving the coaching/development/game prep side when the recruiting side is a dumpster fire but you’re just braying endlessly because.... you’re too stuck on the same 5 idiotic talking points to come up with a good argument? Are you sure you’re not a millennial protester?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s not being brought in for recruiting.
you realize the staffers do most of their recruiting, correct? That's the one of the reasons we're getting killed.

Other teams have 20 to 50 guys doing this. we have, I think, three, though I don't remember them replacing one of the two that left last year. So all the other staff has to help. There's a lot of evaluation that has to go on and that usually goes through multiple levels of review, each with a recommendation.

it's part of the reason that other so many recruits have been committed to Alabama or Clemson for 6 or 9 months before we even send them an offer.

Frankly schmoozing is easier on an old guy than sitting in front of a screen and digesting endless amounts of video.

I know on some level you're just trying to be a funny little gadfly, but you realize there's a reason why we suck at this right? It isnt just a streak of bad luck at a Vegas table. We are a laughingstock on the recruiting trail for a reason. Top to bottom medicrity, at best. Abject failure is a more apt description for most of it.

He isn't just sitting in a room and cutting film part-time. That's the GA's (and interns) jobs.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
No, they are going to be in the box also trying to tell the coordinators what's going on. if you've ever seen me a press box you'll see there's about 6 people up there with binoculars.
And I’m fine with them doing just that. Both are qualified to “advise”. Better question is WHY AREN’T WE BRINGING IN STAFF TO RESCUE OUR ****TY RECRUITING?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
you realize the very staffers do most of their recruiting correct? That's the one of the reasons we're getting killed.

other teams have 20 to 50 guys doing this.

but frankly schmoozing is easier on an old guy then sitting in front of a screen and digesting endless amounts of video.
Staff all have roles they fill. These two were advertised as game prep staffers. We’ve had guys like Chaney that were advertised as recruiting staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And I’m fine with them doing just that. Both are qualified to “advise”. Better question is WHY AREN’T WE BRINGING IN STAFF TO RESCUE OUR ****TY RECRUITING?
Exactly.

Because we dont fvkking care it seems.

If we hired 30 and he was one, Id be fine w it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
no I think the former UL OC was a pretty good hire. I agree with LtRaz that I wouldn't really want him as OC but most staffers are guys who cannot get a job as an OC.

unless you mean Nord. there are rumors that Nord is still sleeping in the building somewhere.

Losing every battle. We have to win some. And this SHOULD have been easy.

Losing out on Charlie to Saban really stung. I'm not sure what Charlie's end goal is (another head coaching job, DC at Alabama, retire?) but he made the right choice (for him) going to the Saban Coaching Rehab program vs. coming to UF in a similar role. I want to know what happened to Kerwin. He was supposed to come here also and that seems to not be the case. I think he's getting paid in 2020 by USF so he may just be taking time off, but most of these guys like being around the game. Kerwin's never made "big money" (in terms of SEC type assistant money) so I'm sure he likely needs a job/income (after the USF money is gone, which he signed a 2 year deal w/ them). Anyhow, I'd like to see Kerwin added to the staff - at least for one season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Losing out on Charlie to Saban really stung. I'm not sure what Charlie's end goal is (another head coaching job, DC at Alabama, retire?) but he made the right choice (for him) going to the Saban Coaching Rehab program vs. coming to UF in a similar role. .
W

T

F

You mean this Saban Rehabilitation Program?

What about the Mullinz Rehabilitation Program? Why aren't coaches lining up to Coach for Cousin Eddie? I heard he was recognized by EVERYONE as a SUPERIOR COACH, Mr. X's and O's. Surely everyone would be lining up to work for him, for free if necessary, to learn the intracacies of the slow speed read option.

We had coaches and coaches sons begging to coach with SOS and Creyer. Don't people recognize true excellence when they see it?

Last edited:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well, keep in mind that the Saban Rehabilitation Program (SRP) didn't start out in yr 1 for Saban. It's taken several years of continual success to kickstart the mythical SRP.

We're seeing the beginning of the MRP now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, keep in mind that the Saban Rehabilitation Program (SRP) didn't start out in yr 1 for Saban. It's taken several years of continual success to kickstart the mythical SRP.

We're seeing the beginning of the MRP now.
In Mullinz year 13?

:lmao2:

Whatever, dude. Just stick with "this year doesn't count bc Wuhan!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.