Franks admits the mental part has been an issue thus far

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I keep hearing good things about Trask. He's smart, he's put on muscle, his release is the best in camp, and in every pic he's smiling broadly. He looks like he's having the time of his life.

Franks? --The Dude-- reported he looked like "hot garbage" in his first two practices. He admits to struggling with the mental aspects of the game. His body language screams disengaged.

Who has the worse weakness and who has the better of the strengths? Who's learning the offense quicker and who's attitude shines brighter? I'm betting at this point the net-net is Kyle Trask wins out.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So I'm glad to see our evidence of QB play has evolved to shirtless photos and how they walk to and from practice. Real hard hitting stuff in this thread.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I keep hearing good things about Trask. He's smart, he's put on muscle, his release is the best in camp, and in every pic he's smiling broadly. He looks like he's having the time of his life.

Franks? --The Dude-- reported he looked like "hot garbage" in his first two practices. He admits to struggling with the mental aspects of the game. His body language screams disengaged.

Who has the worse weakness and who has the better of the strengths? Who's learning the offense quicker and who's attitude shines brighter? I'm betting at this point the net-net is Kyle Trask win out.

It APPEARS that way but I still think Mullen trots Franks out first. I think Trask is a more polished passer but starting either one scares me a little.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Damn small question as to the posit of the thread title. There's a difference between confidence and youthful arrogance, the latter I believe defined Franks these past two years. Throw in a lack of refined positional skills and a lower level understanding of reading defenses and applying route progressions and the recipe for an effective, consistent offense is not there. OL woes did not help, but the guy under center is the proverbial straw that stirs the drink. It remains to be seen how far Franks can progress at this stage. Understanding and accepting your deficits is only a first step (much later than it should be and it should be noted that his attitude was strikingly similar to that of his head coach), but overcoming that in the remaining time of his eligibility is quite daunting IMO. Hope is the plan at this point and it isn't what you want to pin your confidence on.
Having some of the worst coaches on offense didn't help

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
The Gators will have a better offense this year. This is the first time in many years I have been able to say that.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
The practice reports I've seen: Franks is still struggling
Trask is accurate but can't run
Jones is athletic but has terrible accuracy

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
These two previous pics were all I needed to see we were screwed at QB. C’mon EJ.

Franks reminds me of this guy from Scary movie. :lol:

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
WWMD - what will mule do.
GC - GatorChatter

WWMD when Trask starts?

GC will be humming with excitement. Will GC crash? Box will have the highest number of folks ready to "ping the tail on the Donkey."

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So guys. I went to the dining hall with the team after practice. Franks went through the line and skipped over the salad bar while Trask loaded up on kale and quinoa with a lite vinaigrette on top. I think this means Trask had a worse practice because he's trying to get healthier while Franks is cocky and thinks he has the job locked up, loading up on pasta and chicken wings. So I think Franks will be starting.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So guys. I went to the dining hall with the team after practice. Franks went through the line and skipped over the salad bar while Trask loaded up on kale and quinoa with a lite vinaigrette on top. I think this means Trask had a worse practice because he's trying to get healthier while Franks is cocky and thinks he has the job locked up, loading up on pasta and chicken wings. So I think Franks will be starting.
What did you order?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
#insideinfo

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

So that's what you dipped up for them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator