Franks transfers to Arkansas; hopes to trash own fan base ASAP

What will Franks score on the Wonderlic?

• 1-5

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • 6-10

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • 11-15

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • 16-20

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • 21-25

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • 26+

Votes: 12 11.7%

• Total voters

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
uhhh huh. Let me guess, some of them were nice to you, to your face.
Here's my assessment for the four countries I visited regularly:
The Lebanese pretty much lied all the time, even when the truth would have been in their best interest.
The Syrians weren't much better, but their lies were always more obvious. Somehow they seemed a little less slimy.
The Jordanians were the best (or least bad). Rather than lie they tended to avoid direct questions and change the subject, unless of course it was something they wanted do or tell you anyway. I can honestly say they were the only ones who always did what they said they were going to do.
As for the Palestinians I had very few actual face to face dealings with them. I only went to Gaza once (which was enough for a lifetime; what a dump).
Bonus assessment (since they aren't Arabs): The Israelis were a mix. The ones you developed a personal relationship were usually good to go. If they didn't know you well, then all bets were off - some of them were better though about screwing you to your face. The Israeli's BTW, would have reversed my order with regards to the Syrians and the Lebs, and held the Jordanians in higher regard than I did. To them, the Palestinians were not worthy of much discussion.
And yes, all the Arabs were nice to your face; I drank a lot of Chai.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Krull to Pitt - will Franks follow him there?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yes, all the Arabs were nice to your face; I drank a lot of Chai.
Thats pretty spot on to my assessment. Ive always found or heard that the Jordanians were the most competent too.

The fact that neither Jordan nor Egypt want the Palestinians back says it all.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
So, Franks is transferring schools and this thread is on the verge of transferring to the PF...

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Lots of talk about Israel vs Palestinians and such. Not offended, just amused.
Went off topic to be sure, but not really political; just relating a few personal experiences without choosing sides. Besides it was really more historical than political: I left the region in 1997 and never returned - and probably never will!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Not pointing fingers, but ther might be 1 or 2 other posters who got a bit political. Again, just amused at how easily a thread can get derailed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not pointing fingers, but ther might be 1 or 2 other posters who got a bit political. Again, just amused at how easily a thread can get derailed.
You've always been VERY sensitive, easily offended at damn near everything.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You've always been VERY sensitive, easily offended at damn near everything.
Just to keep the conversation going that direction, here’s me in Northern Syria in ‘97. (I’ll let you guess which one is me.). Those who were paying attention earlier will recognize my keffiyeh as bedoo.

upload_2019-12-16_19-45-51.jpeg

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Just to keep the conversation going that direction, here’s me in Northern Syria in ‘97. (I’ll let you guess which one is me.). Those who were paying attention earlier will recognize my keffiyeh as bedoo.

Easy choice - back right. Great stache but going to be hard to take you seriously now that I know you look like Borat.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That offends me, because... feelings...

I’m sure donkey will back me up!
Wow... a master chief backing down from a little lip up top? Never thought I’d see the day. Might be time to pin those anchors into your shadow box and call it a day. You’ve lost it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.