FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Makes you wonder what he’s got in his past that scares so many teams away. Could be a great football hire that backfires due whatever issue has kept him away from a big time job in the past.

Allegedly gambling...and farm animals.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This was on Gameday last week, Norvell was doing some kind of mentor program when he was in college (at Central Arkansas where he was a very good WR), he told the kids if they won they could braid his hair. He said, "My biggest mistake was taking our team pictures with the braids...":

Judging by this picture the dude has some SERIOUS skeletons in his closet.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
This was on Gameday last week, Norvell was doing some kind of mentor program when he was in college (at Central Arkansas where he was a very good WR), he told the kids if they won they could braid his hair. He said, "My biggest mistake was taking our team pictures with the braids...":

James Franco?
images

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All the guy was doing was regurgitating stuff he was reading on some other site. He doesn't have any personal sources.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember in '17 looking him up, and he seemed absolutely perfect for UF. As I said, D is important and he'd have to evolve that portion of his game, but he checks literally every box. Even has a hot wife, which a huge selling point to me.

I think the reason why most teams didn't look at him then was because he was in his mid-30's and only had two years if experience. He also didn't have to build a program up; he took an already winning team and made them better. The fact that he has been able to continue success shows that he isn't simply riding Fuente's coattails.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This guy has just generated 20 posts. Ox ain't banning anybody like that until he gets to one million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.