Gator Basketball Gator Basketball Postseason Discussion Thread: Gators a 10 seed

Should Mike White be fired?

• Yes

Votes: 52 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 120 69.8%

• Total voters

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Against Nevada at 6.

:burn:
giphy.gif

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Unless we beat KY (which I see very little chance) or win a game or two in the SEC tournament, I don't think we get in. NIT might be better for this group anyway.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Unless we beat KY (which I see very little chance) or win a game or two in the SEC tournament, I don't think we get in. NIT might be better for this group anyway.

If we are somewhat competitive with Kentucky, and in our SEC game, I think we have slightly better than 50% chance of getting into the NCAA tourney, even without winning another game. The remainder of the "on the bubble" field doesn't look too good, which helps us to look better.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So befitting that our Dance-chance is equal to jacking up a shot from far behind the arc.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we are somewhat competitive with Kentucky, and in our SEC game, I think we have slightly better than 50% chance of getting into the NCAA tourney, even without winning another game. The remainder of the "on the bubble" field doesn't look too good, which helps us to look better.

More confident than me despite some crazy stuff in a few ranking systems that the committee would weed out I think.

No more wins is a lock we don't make it in imo and a KY loss and only a 1st game win against Arkansas would most likely leave us out I think.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
We're at 34% chance of getting in right now and I don't think those chances increase with 2 straight losses no matter how close they are.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Losing to UGA at home could turn out to be an even bigger nightmare than it already is. The problem with being on either side of the bubble means you have to root for all the top seeds in the small and mid level conference tourneys. where if the top seed loses, they become an at large bid team or they become a bubble team!. Every conference tourney where a team assured of a bid loses, opens up a spot potentially for a team who could win the tourney, but would not have been in the dance unless they win said conf. tourney.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So we just need to win at Rupp. With pussyface Cal running their team you always have a chance. Where the hell is the game thread?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Ole Miss loses to Missouri we play the Bama-Arkansas loser.

If Ole Miss wins we play the Bama-Arkansas winner.

I think only playing a Bama that wins will maybe get us in without a 2nd win.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well Ole Miss came back and won so we can still get Bama in the SEC tourney if they beat Arkansas tonight and that might get us in the NCAA tourney.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
uga embarrassed by USC.

Somebody please explain how in the world we lost to them?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Arkansas in SECT- doubt they are a good enough win to get in.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'd rather play the pigs than bammer. We'll win with a matchup vs the corn dogs again.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
sec tourney.JPG

Arky, and then LSU, and maybe another crack at South Carolina. I like our chances....I guess.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Arky, and then LSU, and maybe another crack at South Carolina. I like our chances....I guess.

I think the computer says we have about a 29% chance of winning the first 2 games which would get us in for sure. I doubt an Arkansas win only would do it but it might if there aren't too many upsets in those conferences with auto bids.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
TR Brackets gives us only a 28% chance to make the tournament and Jerry Palm of CBS Sports has us as as one of the 1st Four OUT. There are other "experts" out there besides Lunardi. Personally, I don't think we deserve to be in, but my opinion doesn't count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator