Gators remain on track

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
We could win the rest of our games and they could lose the rest of theirs and we still can't end the season ahead of the fukin' dwags. These moral victory threads are beyond embarrassing.
If that were to happen, we would win the East, the SEC, and the NC. (Even a two loss SEC champion makes the playoffs. Get a grip.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
We could win the rest of our games and they could lose the rest of theirs and we still can't end the season ahead of the fukin' dwags. These moral victory threads are beyond embarrassing.

Moral victories don’t exist. They are a figment of ones imagination to soothe the soul. You either win or you lose.

We lost. Period. I feel we could have won but am not as shockingly surprised that we didn’t compared to all those you really thought we would beat everyone even as they repeatedly post what they perceive as major on field weaknesses.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
What’s that even mean? I don’t strive for us to be like UGA. I said win championships after all.

Not necessarily directed at you. More at the general theme that Georgia is god's gift and they are completely on the right track, etc.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
11-2 is still very much in play, which is absolutely what we all more or less agreed the ceiling was this year. Our brand is back on track, as well. Things are looking up, even if yesterday was frustrating as hell.

We better stomp a mud hole in Fsu, Mullen owes us that at least.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
This is one of the dumbest threads in a litany of dumb sh!t on this board (myself certainly included). But, on track to do the nonsense you predicted is not the Gators being "on track" in any objective manner you are suggesting.

On track to do what

Exactly. We are on track with exactly what those on here who were unhappy with Mullen expected. So, yes, 10-2 is on track to expectations. My liver is not on track to make it through the end of this 7-8 year run of false hopes (while knowing what is really coming).

Things are looking up

Up from what, Butters? Is that really the bar? FSU could go 8-4 next year and would be looking drastically up from their nonsense? the lowest bar is not the measuring stick.

Dont you know we suck!

Hello, may I introduce you and Coach to my Halloween strawman. You can fight with him anytime you'd like. Just keep building a new one to ensure an easy target.

Other than quick rants in the box, I have not seen any posts saying we suck. That was never the fear with Mullen. Rather, the concern is exactly what we have seen. A ceiling below our hopes is the concern that seems to be demonstrating itself after two years: Poor recruiting for Florida's flagship university combined with too much loyalty to players and coaches, with a dash of bad game management and stubbornness to system thrown in.

On track to do as I had predicted...10-3 or 11-2. Some may have had us undefeated this year...I expected 2-3 losses. I’m just not as shocked at a 2 loss season as most are.

Congrats on your prognostication and serenity in accepting things as they are. The rest of us will still hope for what they could be.

You see a glass half full. Others on here are looking for the bottle to fill the damn glass.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Unless anybody thought that getting from where we were to winning championships was a flick of the switch where we got better overnight, then we are certainly on the right track. If you don't agree it takes time, then I don't know what to tell you. Butters bumbled his way into winning the east when it was the absolute worst its ever been just so we could get demolished by every good team we play. Then we won 4 games in his third year. Anybody who thinks the current team is no better than Butter's dog poo needs to have their head examined.

It's actually just as bad now. Only 2 out of the 7 teams have a winning conference record. Missouri lost to Wyoming, Tennessee lost to Georgia State, Vanderbilt lost to UNLV, and UK who many consider the 3rd most talented team in the east are 2-4 in conference. There is never going to be an easier time for Mullen to win the SEC East.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
This is one of the dumbest threads in a litany of dumb sh!t on this board (myself certainly included). But, on track to do the nonsense you predicted is not the Gators being "on track" in any objective manner you are suggesting.

Exactly. We are on track with exactly what those on here who were unhappy with Mullen expected. So, yes, 10-2 is on track to expectations. My liver is not on track to make it through the end of this 7-8 year run of false hopes (while knowing what is really coming).

Up from what, Butters? Is that really the bar? FSU could go 8-4 next year and would be looking drastically up from their nonsense? the lowest bar is not the measuring stick.

Hello, may I introduce you and Coach to my Halloween strawman. You can fight with him anytime you'd like. Just keep building a new one to ensure an easy target.

Other than quick rants in the box, I have not seen any posts saying we suck. That was never the fear with Mullen. Rather, the concern is exactly what we have seen. A ceiling below our hopes is the concern that seems to be demonstrating itself after two years: Poor recruiting for Florida's flagship university combined with too much loyalty to players and coaches, with a dash of bad game management and stubbornness to system thrown in.

Congrats on your prognostication and serenity in accepting things as they are. The rest of us will still hope for what they could be.

You see a glass half full. Others on here are looking for the bottle to fill the damn glass.

We all want the same thing. The only difference is you fully expected it this year.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
On track to do as I had predicted...10-3 or 11-2.
Well as long as we’re meeting your (sub)standard, I guess we should all be satisfied with losing to the best two teams on our schedule.

Maybe we will be lucky enough that half of Michigan’s starters will declare for the draft again before we play them in the Taxslayer Bowl.

A fella can dream

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think a whole bunch of you are drunk as hell. If we were killing it on the recruiting trail, I would absolutely agree. We are not. Hence, how can anyone possibly say we are on an upward trajectory?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
We all want the same thing. The only difference is you fully expected it this year.
I had us at 9-3 to start the season. Trask’s play elevated mine expectations to 10-2. Either way, this season seems to be on track to meet or exceed expectations. I’m not thrilled to be out of the hunt again but its much preferable to worrying about bowl eligibility. Hope Mullen shakes up the staff this offseason - recruiting has to improve and there is some real dead weight on the staff.

VirginiaGator

VA to RI to FL
Jul 9, 2014
Yeah, yesterday was extremely frustrating. But to think we would be competing for NC's so soon is completely retarded. Did some of yall not witness the last 7 years? I'm not saying DM is perfect and I've questioned a lot of him decisions on twitter, but give him some time. He's halfway through his 2nd year. It's not the premier league where we just fire coaches when we feel like it. Chill out, he's going to be here a few more years. If you wanna help, go drop off a bag of money with these 5 stars or give their parents a job. Solutions instead of complaints.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think a whole bunch of you are drunk as hell. If we were killing it on the recruiting trail, I would absolutely agree. We are not. Hence, how can anyone possibly say we are on an upward trajectory?
Even @Slevin has lost faith in all our secret commits.

Separately, and speaking of optimistic recruiting news, whatever happened to Marianna?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Well as long as we’re meeting your (sub)standard, I guess we should all be satisfied with losing to the best two teams on our schedule.

Maybe we will be lucky enough that half of Michigan’s starters will declare for the draft again before we play them in the Taxslayer Bowl.

A fella can dream

Why? I’m have not mentioned standards. I spoke of expectations. I saw what others post incessantly and drew from that we would not go undefeated. Seems I (or we) was right.

So why should we be satisfied with the 2 losses? We shouldn’t be. But that does not change what my expectations were at all. You may have truly believed we would not lose a single game this year. You’re expectations were crushed. Totally different perspectives but does not mean one is any more dissatisfied than the other.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Anybody who thinks the current team is no better than Butter's dog poo needs to have their head examined.

I've seen no one who thinks this, here or anywhere else. I'd love to see if anyone can find such a post by anyone here.

No, I didn't and neither did the vast majority on Gatorchatter. In the official prediction thread, 2 or less loses were grouped together. 83% of our members picked 2 (or less) to 3 loses. Here is my prediction:

Best guess 2-3, though I fear the lack of depth and injuries. But, i want to be a pumper, so I’m going with the under. 2 or less.

The difference lies in the idea of "on track" or not. The combo of subpar recruiting and Mullen living up to some of the main concerns when he arrived, makes me believe we are "on track" for that expectation of 9-3 or 10-2 for a long time (next year too, even with the talent loss, due to our schedule) that had many on here hoping we would hire someone else. If that is the track you're referring to, I'd like a different train.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why? I’m have not mentioned standards. I spoke of expectations. I saw what others post incessantly and drew from that we would not go undefeated. Seems I (or we) was right.

So why should we be satisfied with the 2 losses? We shouldn’t be. But that does not change what my expectations were at all. You may have truly believed we would not lose a single game this year. You’re expectations were crushed. Totally different perspectives but does not mean one is any more dissatisfied than the other.
All we have learned is this team doesn't have an SEC title in sight. Realistically, it could be YEARS before we get there, and that's just the SEC. NC's are a pipe dream with #15 ranked recruiting classes.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The same overreacting babies in this thread whining about our second loss that we knew we'd have this year are the same overreacting babies who said the program was "finished" after we lost to Kentucky last year. Get a grip, you babies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The same overreacting babies in this thread whining about our second loss that we knew we'd have this year are the same overreacting babies who said the program was "finished" after we lost to Kentucky last year. Get a grip, you babies.
Is our future bright or not? You're dancing around the real topic.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Unless anybody thought that getting from where we were to winning championships was a flick of the switch where we got better overnight, then we are certainly on the right track. If you don't agree it takes time, then I don't know what to tell you. Butters bumbled his way into winning the east when it was the absolute worst its ever been just so we could get demolished by every good team we play. Then we won 4 games in his third year. Anybody who thinks the current team is no better than Butter's dog poo needs to have their head examined.

If recruiting was up to the level necessary, and not behind LSU, Bama, Auburn, and UGA, I don’t think there would be as much disappointment and “panic” so to say. That and the fact we have 2-3 dead weight assistants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator