Gators remain on track

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Well we need to fire a few and hire a few but that wont work either because we need to build it and they will come. So cornfusing.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I've seen no one who thinks this, here or anywhere else. I'd love to see if anyone can find such a post by anyone here.

No, I didn't and neither did the vast majority on Gatorchatter. In the official prediction thread, 2 or less loses were grouped together. 83% of our members picked 2 (or less) to 3 loses. Here is my prediction:

The difference lies in the idea of "on track" or not. The combo of subpar recruiting and Mullen living up to some of the main concerns when he arrived, makes me believe we are "on track" for that expectation of 9-3 or 10-2 for a long time (next year too, even with the talent loss, due to our schedule) that had many on here hoping we would hire someone else. If that is the track you're referring to, I'd like a different train.

My “on track” thread couldn’t have been more clear. I predicted 2-3 losses and we remain on track for such. Pretty simple.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I predicted 9-3 at worst or 10-2 at best. We remain on track. I saw LSU and Georgia as the most likely losses and Missouri if we had a third.

Mullen is not getting fired. Grantham will only leave of his own choice.

We lost by 7. One really bad call and one blown coverage resulted in 14 of their 24 points. We didn’t play well but still had a shot.

We’ll close strong and win 10..maybe 11. Many of you apparently had us a lock to win the East, the SEC and the NC and are disappointed it won’t happen. I’m disappointed and I had no expectation of it happening. But I like the direction we are heading. Losing to 2 of maybe the top 6 teams in the Nation is not a signal to panic.

Bro, I agree with a lot of this, but at some point, we have to show up to big games that aren't at home. Losing winnable games because we can't stop an opposing offense is unacceptable. If the goal is to be 10-2 and never compete for the East, cool. If we aspire to something greater, we need to expect greater. There were plenty of coaching failures, and the most of our big blown coverages come from one position and that position needs change. We haven't recruited it, the coach there can't recruit, and all the players are juniors or seniors. Please tell me how that position is trending and why there shouldn't be any changes.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
My “on track” thread couldn’t have been more clear. I predicted 2-3 losses and we remain on track for such. Pretty simple.

Sorry, you are correct. A thread titled "Gators remain on track" clearly has no implications beyond your intended message (which I acknowledge would be too long of a thread title):

"Gators performance to date this season is where anonymous internet poster & pumper Marine1 expected it to go, though he has no idea, and does not mean to imply, whether this is a positive sign for the future or if losing to UGA in the manner we did, with several indefensible coaching decisions, combined with recruiting stagnation, is a sign of our future limitations."

Again, sorry for me reading too much into your title that was definitely not intended. I see it now.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So why should we be satisfied with the 2 losses? We shouldn’t be. But that does not change what my expectations were at all. You may have truly believed we would not lose a single game this year. You’re expectations were crushed. Totally different perspectives but does not mean one is any more dissatisfied than the other.
Well, you obviously like losing. Join my club. We are not loading up on 5* recruits so that is proof positive there is no hope. If we finish with just two losses this year , especially with the QB experts said would NEVER see the field, it sounds like a genius was coaching.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I predicted 9-3 at worst or 10-2 at best. We remain on track. I saw LSU and Georgia as the most likely losses and Missouri if we had a third.

Mullen is not getting fired. Grantham will only leave of his own choice.

We lost by 7. One really bad call and one blown coverage resulted in 14 of their 24 points. We didn’t play well but still had a shot.

We’ll close strong and win 10..maybe 11. Many of you apparently had us a lock to win the East, the SEC and the NC and are disappointed it won’t happen. I’m disappointed and I had no expectation of it happening. But I like the direction we are heading. Losing to 2 of maybe the top 6 teams in the Nation is not a signal to panic.

I'm amazed that some of you don't get it. It's not that we lost, it's that we looked like garbage in the loss!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I've seen no one who thinks this, here or anywhere else. I'd love to see if anyone can find such a post by anyone here.

No, I didn't and neither did the vast majority on Gatorchatter. In the official prediction thread, 2 or less loses were grouped together. 83% of our members picked 2 (or less) to 3 loses. Here is my prediction:

The difference lies in the idea of "on track" or not. The combo of subpar recruiting and Mullen living up to some of the main concerns when he arrived, makes me believe we are "on track" for that expectation of 9-3 or 10-2 for a long time (next year too, even with the talent loss, due to our schedule) that had many on here hoping we would hire someone else. If that is the track you're referring to, I'd like a different train.
Who is this someone else? Taggart, Frost, Kelly...? Those are the names, in reverse order, I saw most frequently. Glad we went with who we did instead of what you Nostradamus’ wanted. Oops - forgot Fedora. Didn’t want Donk’s great choice to be forgotten.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The same overreacting babies in this thread whining about our second loss that we knew we'd have this year are the same overreacting babies who said the program was "finished" after we lost to Kentucky last year. Get a grip, you babies.
I hate agreeing with sas but even he gets it right sometimes...

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
11-2 is still very much in play, which is absolutely what we all more or less agreed the ceiling was this year. Our brand is back on track, as well. Things are looking up, even if yesterday was frustrating as hell.

I'll give this. But with the piss-poor coaching yesterday and the needed personnel changes but not likely, have we reached our ceiling?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He tags me in almost every one of his posts. It’s flattering but also serial killer-ish
Recruiting has been a problem and was highlighted yesterday. Always hoped all your super secret silent commits and “June is gonna be awesome” ummm “just wait for July” ummm “sometime this fall I think” ummm “signing day is gonna be epic” ummm “wait until next year!” predictions would come true. The disappointment still saddens me.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I'll give this. But with the piss-poor coaching yesterday and the needed personnel changes but not likely, have we reached our ceiling?
Well, like a lot of us said after the Kentucky game, let’s wait and see. I’d say I’m pretty confident in coaching changes this offseason but if it doesn’t happen I will wave the white flag on Dan Mullen myself

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Recruiting has been a problem and was highlighted yesterday. Always hoped all your super secret silent commits and “June” ummm “July” ummm “sometime this fall” ummm “signing day is gonna be epic” ummm “wait until next year!” predictions would come true. The disappointment still saddens me.
Can you find those posts where I ever said we had Super silent commits or are you just riding swonkeys bullshyt train that he makes up about others to save face when called out on his own stupidity? Go ahead, find them. I will wait here patiently.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Well, like a lot of us said after the Kentucky game, let’s wait and see. I’d say I’m pretty confident in coaching changes this offseason but if it doesn’t happen I will wave the white flag on Dan Mullen myself
Nice. Is this the “wait until the offseason - coaching changes are pending!” prediction?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Agree, he has to improve his staff or he's toast.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Can you find those posts where I ever said we had Super silent commits or are you just riding swonkeys bullshyt train that he makes up about others to save face when called out on his own stupidity? Go ahead, find them. I will wait here patiently.
Mostly trolling. Are you insinuating @Swamp Donkey isn't a reliable source?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Bro, I agree with a lot of this, but at some point, we have to show up to big games that aren't at home. Losing winnable games because we can't stop an opposing offense is unacceptable. If the goal is to be 10-2 and never compete for the East, cool. If we aspire to something greater, we need to expect greater. There were plenty of coaching failures, and the most of our big blown coverages come from one position and that position needs change. We haven't recruited it, the coach there can't recruit, and all the players are juniors or seniors. Please tell me how that position is trending and why there shouldn't be any changes.

Don’t disagree with any of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator