Recruiting George Campbell declaring early

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
FWIW, ESPN has him to LSU. Go figure.
yeah well in a way that's what I mean it's all over the place. But then again I've generally found that espn and scouts are the two recruiting sites that aren't to reliable in their player rankings and projeections.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Maybe he thinking that he'll see all he needs in the first month of the offense.
That's was my take on it.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I am almost certain that we can forget about Campbell being a Gator. The word on the Tampa front is FSU. I was a bit disappointed, at first, until I learned some things. I'm not going to repeat them, right now, because I don't want to look like I am bashing a recruit because he didn't chose Florida. All I will say is, if he chooses FSU, we will survive. After recruits see Roper's offense and he has more time to develop relationships with recruits, we will pull in all the talent we need. We do have some talented WR's and will have them for a few more years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But... but... but....

flipper.jpg

I'm sure we will flip him later.

Or....

WDWHA I'm sure. I'm also sure there is a 3 star available who is probably an underrated guy who will either get a fourth or fifth star later or who should have been a 4 or 5 star if the world weren't conspiring against Cramp to make him look bad.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Im reading a lot of rumors that it's now fsu and his uncle is a big reason why...thought to be a Gator lock for some time now so we should see. LSU and Clemson have also popped up so really nobody knows. Either way he is a physical talent at WR that would be great to have but he's no for sure thing...he has stone hands and will need some serious work wherever he ends up.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n25441 said:
But... but... but....

flipper.jpg

Or....

WDWHA I'm sure. I'm also sure there is a 3 star available who is probably an underrated guy who will either get a fourth or fifth star later or who should have been a 4 or 5 star if the world weren't conspiring against Cramp to make him look bad.

Man you had to wait a whole week to break out your negative nancy.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zach is now is saying that he doubts that Campbell will commit with Florida FWIW 24/7 has a vip article up about ,sorry don't have Vip there. Also Dexter Williams has ruled us out. He says it'sbecause hi friend Jalen whats his name de committed , him and a couple of other SOFLA guys.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n25483 said:
Zach is now is saying that he doubts that Campbell will commit with Florida FWIW 24/7 has a vip article up about ,sorry don't have Vip there. Also Dexter Williams has ruled us out. He says it'sbecause hi friend Jalen whats his name de committed , him and a couple of other SOFLA guys.

:sadnanner:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think I may have to just bury myself in work and other things until a few games into the season. If at that point we are doing well, I wont care as much about this stuff; but right now, without football to be played on Saturday this is all there really is. And dammit man its been depressing lately. Weve had a couple of seasons now where we had a handful of "all gator" guys turncoat to the semis. If this one does it's really going to get increasingly difficult to keep spinning positivity.

Our class is a disaster right now. It is. If the roles were reversed and it was the semenholes in our position and us in theirs we would be rubbing their faces in it non stop. I hate sounding like a negative nancy and try my best to be positive but the reality on the ground is not good. I hope Roper works a miracle, our O-line turns a corner, our young secondary lives up to the hype and we have some recievers and a QB make some plays. Otherwise it's another season of Will rearanging the deck chairs on the titanic.

I hate ending a post so negatively so heres a positive - At the end of this season we will all be excited about a real change, one that happened over the course of the season, or one that is about to occur.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Law98gator;n25441 said:
But... but... but....

flipper.jpg

Or....

Man you had to wait a whole week to break out your negative nancy.
He cant help it - he's dug himself in to such a hole that he needs Florida to fail or his credibility will be non-existent. As I wrote early, there are some issues that make this not the loss it may seem. I'm not going to bash the kid, but, I will repeat what other recruiting analyst are saying - it's going to take a lot of work to develop his catching skills and some people can't get it, no matter how hard they work. There's a reason some great athletes play defense.

Another thing I learned is that there are some things going on in Tampa that the NCAA needs to look in to. It, allegedly, involves FSU and Clemson. I'm surprised that Florida hasn't insisted that it be stopped. I believe they are scared to go in there. They are quiet incompetent, as well and that probably has a lot to do with it. Do any of you know more about this? Any of you from the Tampa area?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n25563 said:
I think I may have to just bury myself in work and other things until a few games into the season. If at that point we are doing well, I wont care as much about this stuff; but right now, without football to be played on Saturday this is all there really is. And dammit man its been depressing lately. Weve had a couple of seasons now where we had a handful of "all gator" guys turncoat to the semis. If this one does it's really going to get increasingly difficult to keep spinning positivity.

Our class is a disaster right now. It is. If the roles were reversed and it was the semenholes in our position and us in theirs we would be rubbing their faces in it non stop. I hate sounding like a negative nancy and try my best to be positive but the reality on the ground is not good. I hope Roper works a miracle, our O-line turns a corner, our young secondary lives up to the hype and we have some recievers and a QB make some plays. Otherwise it's another season of Will rearanging the deck chairs on the titanic.

I hate ending a post so negatively so heres a positive - At the end of this season we will all be excited about a real change, one that happened over the course of the season, or one that is about to occur.
This happened to fsu back in the Zook and Meyer days when fsu was on the decline. We turned several die hard nole fans to us (Pouncey's, Black, Marcus Thomas, Demps to name a few) and even recently we've flipped some of theirs with Fowler, Sousa, Worton, Harris and they got some of ours. It's always going to be a battle with them and fsu plays the game far dirtier than we do...so there is that.

We screw up this year and we'll be on a fsu like decade of crap football.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n25597 said:
This happened to fsu back in the Zook and Meyer days when fsu was on the decline. We turned several die hard nole fans to us (Pouncey's, Black, Marcus Thomas, Demps to name a few) and even recently we've flipped some of theirs with Fowler, Sousa, Worton, Harris and they got some of ours. It's always going to be a battle with them and fsu plays the game far dirtier than we do...so there is that. We screw up this year and we'll be on a fsu like decade of crap football.
I agree! If we fail to make a respectable comeback this year, we will be in the ditch for a while. That's why I have been so supportive of Muschamp and the players - I dont want to think about the alternative. If we dont stop FSU's momentum this year, the balance of power will shift further.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n25597 said:
This happened to fsu back in the Zook and Meyer days when fsu was on the decline. We turned several die hard nole fans to us (Pouncey's, Black, Marcus Thomas, Demps to name a few) and even recently we've flipped some of theirs with Fowler, Sousa, Worton, Harris and they got some of ours. It's always going to be a battle with them and fsu plays the game far dirtier than we do...so there is that.
We screw up this year and we'll be on a fsu like decade of crap football.

Definitely agree, things in the long run are usually cyclical. But can we actually swap a 4* for a 4* or 5 for a 5? This whole they get our 4s and 5s and we get their tweener and project 3s does not equal a push. :angry:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp, destroying the program one player at a time. AT this point, his name is so soiled you probably need to fire him just to change the aura around the program. 4-8 killed him as a head coach here. It would anywhere else as well. Forget the excuses why...it happened and people think he's incompetent or at the very least in over his head. Everyday it looks like Foley really screwed up more and more.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n25654 said:
Muschamp, destroying the program one player at a time. AT this point, his name is so soiled you probably need to fire him just to change the aura around the program. 4-8 killed him as a head coach here. It would anywhere else as well. Forget the excuses why...it happened and people think he's incompetent or at the very least in over his head. Everyday it looks like Foley really screwed up more and more.

:violin:

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
yeah it really killed the coach at mizoo didn't?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
Mizzou? Come on man...I guess I should have used a different phrase. Anywhere else at a big time program. Is that better?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n25632 said:
Definitely agree, things in the long run are usually cyclical. But can we actually swap a 4* for a 4* or 5 for a 5? This whole they get our 4s and 5s and we get their tweener and project 3s does not equal a push. :angry:
I think you all are going to be incredibly surprised by Worton...he's far more talented that most realize. I could be wrong but i was never that impressed by Lane and was fine with losing him to fsu...Cook was the one that really stings. Harris was a real nice flip as well and is far from a project.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n25603 said:
I agree! If we fail to make a respectable comeback this year, we will be in the ditch for a while. That's why I have been so supportive of Muschamp and the players - I dont want to think about the alternative. If we dont stop FSU's momentum this year, the balance of power will shift further.
One class does not make or break a decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.