Getting to know Luke Del Rio

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Luke can do well in this system. If you watch our games the receivers have been open we just haven't had a good QB to get it to them. On an off note, I would've loved to have seen what Mac could've done with Driskel this year. To those that continue to downplay Driskel's success this year: newsflash, he may be playing against lesser competition but he also has lesser talent on his team than he did here at UF. It goes both ways. For any QB to throw for over 4000 yards in a season at any team is pretty damn impressive if I do say so myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
... of course, those Del Rio films mean nothing if Mac goes with the no hudl offense. ??

And that is a good possibility since this will be Del Rio's 3rd year in Nuss' offense. He know's the offense and he can line up the players. They will be able to play fast.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
... of course, those Del Rio films mean nothing if Mac goes with the no hudl offense. ??
I loved the way they showed the same highlight over and over from 3 different angles.....Notice to that most of them were against the same team...

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I think Luke can do well in this system. If you watch our games the receivers have been open we just haven't had a good QB to get it to them. On an off note, I would've loved to have seen what Mac could've done with Driskel this year. To those that continue to downplay Driskel's success this year: newsflash, he may be playing against lesser competition but he also has lesser talent on his team than he did here at UF. It goes both ways. For any QB to throw for over 4000 yards in a season at any team is pretty damn impressive if I do say so myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The dbs are worse, but then so are the wrs. The Dline doesn't rush as well, but the O-line doesn't pass block as well. Thoughts like that never penetrate. Two observations:
1) Even on our mnc teams, our second string was never as good as the first teams of the absolute worst teams we played;
2) I have personally seen Farve and Bradshaw on these directional teams and they also looked good in the NFL.
I am not sure that Driskel is good enough for the NFL, but he may be. Wonder what will be said if he is?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good God. Still? In every fvkking thread? Still suvcking Mustchimp cawk and Driskel jizz.

Yes, I saw FAU. Yes, I also saw Driskel singlehandedly beat us vs. Louisville and ScUM. I saw him nearly lose to Furman, La Tech and and other cupcakes.

I wont pretend I watched but I did catch the box score Of Drizzy's biggest game of the year vs geographical Miss a few weeks ago for the cupcake conference championship. Against a team with equal competition, he threw three interceptions and fumbled three times.

I also saw Treon beat his az head to head. He beat him convincingly and set that bytch looking for another job. And Grier beat Treon's, just as convincingly. Im not sure Driskel was ever one of the top three Qbs on the team.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
523fe42fcdd7f.image.jpg

"Uncle, Law,..uncle!"

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This has Morningwood written all over it....Loopy arm action, slow lofty throws, playing against competition that has players smaller than one of my legs....If this guy is our QB next year we might need to brace ourselves for Mac's version of the 4-8 special. Someone needs to get Trevor Knight on the horn and assure him that he will be the starter anything short of losing a limb in the off season.
https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am/report-texas-am-the-favorite-to-land-oklahoma-qb-trevor-knight

Looks like anm is the favorite to get him.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Good God. Still? In every fvkking thread? Still suvcking Mustchimp cawk and Driskel jizz.

Yes, I saw FAU. Yes, I also saw Driskel singlehandedly beat us vs. Louisville and ScUM. I saw him nearly lose to Furman, La Tech and and other cupcakes.

I wont pretend I watched but I did catch the box score Of Drizzy's biggest game of the year vs geographical Miss a few weeks ago for the cupcake conference championship. Against a team with equal competition, he threw three interceptions and fumbled three times.

I also saw Treon beat his az head to head. He beat him convincingly and set that bytch looking for another job. And Grier beat Treon's, just as convincingly. Im not sure Driskel was ever one of the top three Qbs on the team.
Me thinks the gentleman doth protest too much. Bspn says Driskel will likely be drafted. Can you say that about Treon?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The one mistake I saw last night was holding the ball too long and taking a sack. Not saying he is perfect, just light years ahead of Treon. Threw hard into tight windows. Threw touch over defenders. Ran with authority. How many games would it take us to accumulate 457 yards?
Yeah, I didn't watch the game since it was after my bed time. However, reading the stats, it was JD's career game. Poor JD. Other than not appearing very smart, with the Chump Slump he always had to pass on 3rd on long.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Here is my preference for our QB going forward.
1. I want a QB taller than 6'. They need to see over the LOS and see the entire field.
2. I want a Pro style QB that can run if they have to and sometimes throw it away.
3. I want a QB that understands the system and we are not expanding the playbook as the season goes along.
4. I want a QB that can read a Defense and check out of a play.
5.. I want a QB that loves to compete and hates to lose. They need that winning sprit and ability to motivate the team around him.

Bonus wants
1. I want a QB that doesn't wear number 12. The last great Gator QB and only if my memory serves me right to wear 12 is Kerwin Bell.
2. I want a QB that is a son of a preacher. The last three starting QBs for Florida that were preacher son's brought us titles, Heismans, and statues outside the stadium.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm pleased to understand his lack of a scholarship is based on family financial strength as opposed to coaches feeling he was worth a scholly.

I'm not worried if del Rio is the leading candidate through the spring and heading into fall. Consider last year WG had no meaningful snaps or collegiate experience, started behind a HUGE question mark of an offensive line, and seemed to do pretty dang well before getting suspended. Del Rio was wanted by Mac & Nuss, has a few collegiate snaps under his belt (not that I think they amount to any kind of 'game experience'), but most importantly has been in the MacNuss system since he transferred in. He has as much experience in the MacNuss system as TH does, and like WG beat out TH to earn the starting job I think del Rio will as well. We don't know if del Rio could have beat out WG last fall, and this year it is a moot point. del Rio is the answer unless a freshman comes in a lot better than we expect. TH is not the answer. del Rio is ahead of WG in terms of being prepared, and ahead of TH in terms of performance potential. I'm fine with where we are at, and trust Mac to get the right guy ready to go.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
“Luke’s been having some really good practices out there. He’ll be a guy obviously heavily in the mix as we move forward.” — Mac on Del Rio

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator