Grantham spurns Bengals, stays at UF

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorDave_SEC: Don't get the feeling it's about money here. If he interviews we know there is at least interest. Then he'd have to balance the college game vs the pro game. Does he like the recruiting aspect of college football or will he just want to coach football???

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ok. Who are our top 3 replacements?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Am I crazy for hoping a Grantham gets the job? His defenses are fun to watch, but I think he’s too extreme with his blitz packages to beat a Bama or UGly.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Am I crazy for hoping a Grantham gets the job? His defenses are fun to watch, but I think he’s too extreme with his blitz packages to beat a Bama or UGly.
I wouldn’t mind getting younger at the DC spot. Grantham also makes $1.4MM, so we should be able to replace him with a high quality coach & maybe an ace recruiter too.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@osgators: Will be worth monitoring. Grantham spent 11 seasons in NFL, including three as DC with Browns.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorDave_SEC: This could work the other way if Manuel is a candidate for the UF DC job IF Grantham departs.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I'd love to get Marquand back to the Gators in some coaching capacity, but I'd like him to have a little more experience as a DC before he came back in that position.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If marquand Manuel doesn't want the job or we don't think he's a fit, I think we should give torrian gray some consideration. I think he's ready for more responsibility and we could lock him into our staff.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am thinking Marquand Manuel and Gene Chizik should be at the top of the list.

Those would both be great hires. Both former UF players. Chizik has the reputation as a really good recruiter.

However, Manuel would be a homerun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.