Grantham spurns Bengals, stays at UF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If I am not mistaken the Zooker was a DC in one of his janitorial coaching stints and if memory serves me that even the great Steve Spurrier, a coach who did not give 2 shyts about defense, once demoted Zooker from DC to assistant to an assistant. So I am quite sure that Zooker is available and willing if he receives the call at his current custodian position!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He was the one potential addition to WT’s staff last year that concerned me. Was happy to see him stay at Oregon.

As others have said, probably not a lifetime guy, but what coordinator is any more?

Last edited:

Zealous

Feb 13, 2019
NCAA College Football FBS current team Stats | NCAA.com

These team defensive stats are interesting and considering there were 27 defenses in the country better than ours I would think Mullen can entice someone strong in play calling and recruiting experience to come to Gainesville. I had no idea the Miss. St. defense was top rated after the season.
Bob Shoop did a fantastic job at Miss State and was fantastic at Penn State. Good track record beside his two years at Tennessee. That may be a concern than again Grantham wasen't that good at UGA either.

He rans a base 4-3 though, may not be optimal for the current roster.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When's the last time a Pac-12 team recruited defense? Like, never. Leavitt took an awful defense and made it respectable. There'll be a lot of programs interested in him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bob Shoop did a fantastic job at Miss State and was fantastic at Penn State. Good track record beside his two years at Tennessee. That may be a concern than again Grantham wasen't that good at UGA either.

He rans a base 4-3 though, may not be optimal for the current roster.
4-3 is better for our roster than 3-4. We are trying to run a 3-4 with a ton of 4-3 3nds.

That being said, fvkk no to all Voles.

No Voles, No Nulls, No Dwags, no Cocaines. It's an easy rule to live by.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alot of rumors floating around that peter sirmon may be the lead candidate as a replacement

leogator

May 5, 2018
Alot of rumors floating around that peter sirmon may be the lead candidate as a replacement
The same Pete Sirmon that was at Miss State for one year and the defense dropped off dramatically. Was the defense really young?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Same dude who sucked at Loooeyvulle after sucking at Cowbell?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some twitter noise that the Dwags have decided to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.