Gray accepts offer to become Washington Redskins DB coach

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Gray couldn't land anyone by himself this cycle so he moved on. Shannon and Hova are the guys who landed all the DB's from south fla for us.

I think he was instrumental in a lot of guys coming on board. Not sure about whether he was instrumental in any of the DBs in S. Florida. But he was the main reason we landed James Robinson.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was the recruiting Cordinator for the Tampa area. And we cleaned up in Polk, Hillsborough, and Pinellas County.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Well...if any team needs help in the secondary ...it's the Redskins.

Awful defense this past year.

Good luck Coach Gray...

Steve Carlson

Jan 10, 2017
Gray is very "not south Florida" and when Henderson was leaning Miami, I saw a few tweets about CJ choosing the "cool-er" coach over the better coach.

Maybe he struggled, maybe he didn't, either way it will be a loss teachingwise as he's one of the best teachers in the business. I hope we hire another good-great teacher that can recruit better. But with the youth in our secondary, a good-great teacher has more immediate value IMO.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon and Hova pulled everyone this cycle at DB patna...everyone knows that! He was the secondary guy on all those kids even though he got credit (publicly) for landing them. Gray (for some reason) struggled like hell in South Florida.
Wasn't Gray mainly recruiting Virginia and Maryland? :scratchhead:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Looks like Gray couldn't land anyone by himself this cycle so he moved on. Shannon and Hova are the guys who landed all the DB's from south fla for us.
This is something I should know but who the hell is Hova? I thought he was a message board insider ?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This sucks balls. We can't keep any momentum going. Gray did a hell of a job with our secondary. This staff was finally filling out.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon and Hova pulled everyone this cycle at DB patna...everyone knows that! He was the secondary guy on all those kids even though he got credit (publicly) for landing them. Gray (for some reason) struggled like hell in South Florida.
v8ccqht.jpg

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
halfbaked-boo.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays