Gray accepts offer to become Washington Redskins DB coach

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Nah, just pointing out the bloviators and know-nothing's who love to post emotional drivel with no basis in facts or real life. Freaking have some substance or STFU, right? Who wants to read a bunch of whining and sniveling? Some of that stuff sounds like it comes from Jr High School girls.
Your the guy that just said these New hires that have 5 years total of FBS coaching are accomplished did you not? Your opinion is invalid.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
See my post on the Gator Coaching Hires (whatever it's called) sticky. These coaches are pretty much what the GC venters have been clamoring for: deep relations and experience in South Florida recruiting, and a young (36), accomplished, energetic OL coach who kids are gonna love. Right? Summers was too old; we aren't getting enough of the top in-state recruits. Haven't we heard those over and over at GC?

Venters gonna vent fast and vent nasty, whether they know anything or not. Heck, they'll slay a reporter who makes a mistake, but they won't take time to learn much about a new hire before judging him incompetent and again deciding Mac made an awful hire.

These new coaches could be awesome, so why start hating on them before you know them?
They maybe awesome or they could duds like Collins and Callahan. These aren't diamond in the roughs these are reaches found 1000 ft down

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Your the guy that just said these New hires that have 5 years total of FBS coaching are accomplished did you not? Your opinion is invalid.
*You're

You don't know anything about these guys, but you're certain they're awful. OK, you have the right to think whatever you want. I'd like to see how they perform before I form a strong opinion. If you don't think they'll help in recruiting I think you'll be proven wrong.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
*You're

You don't know anything about these guys, but you're certain they're awful. OK, you have the right to think whatever you want. I'd like to see how they perform before I form a strong opinion. If you don't think they'll help in recruiting I think you'll be proven wrong.
In what way? NTX and ECU both stunk with Davis there. We set the school record for sacks against him. He has zero record in recruiting. Bell has SFL ties. That's it. It's almost like Mac threw a bunch of names in a hat and these are the ones he picked. You don't hire unproven people to coach or recruit. Unless you want to fail most of the time. See Jeremy Foley.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In what way? NTX and ECU both stunk with Davis there. We set the school record for sacks against him. He has zero record in recruiting. Bell has SFL ties. That's it. It's almost like Mac threw a bunch of names in a hat and these are the ones he picked. You don't hire unproven people to coach or recruit. Unless you want to fail most of the time. See Jeremy Foley.

Bell has known Rumph and Shannon for years and played and worked with them....Davis...who knows?

Y'all wanted young, relateable, black coaches.....now you've got them. Give them a chance.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Bell has known Rumph and Shannon for years and played and worked with them....Davis...who knows?

Y'all wanted young, relateable, black coaches.....now you've got them. Give them a chance.
No I want coaches that can coach and recruit. Like we had under Meyer and SOS.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Meyer coaches like Azzani, Drayton, Addazio and Teryl Austin.......:facepalm:
Addazio was a fantastic OL coach and recruiter. Drayton was an average coach but got us Cam, the pounceys, Rainey, etc. What about Mullen, Strong, White, Gonzales, Holliday, Mattison, etc? Meyer killed it here and if he would've stayed UF would've been a dynasty.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer coaches like Azzani, Drayton, Addazio and Teryl Austin.......:facepalm:
Daz coached in power 5 football for a decade and had already been an OC when CUM hired him. Teryl Austin had been a coach 17 years (all power conference or NFL) when Meyer hired him. When we hired Drayton from Miss State, he already had a decade of experience, including NFL experience. Azzanni had already been a midmajor coach for a decade and coached with CUM already at Bowling Green. Azzanni was clearly the weakest resume. WTF are you talking about?

The guys we hired have ZERO years of P5 or NFL experience and 5 years of little league experience between them and all at shyt programs.

When we did hiring a training wheels guy under CUM, we only had one at a time. If the guy didn't sinking instead of swimming, he fired them quickly. That clearly doesn't happen here. We keep the failures.

You fvkking stoned. Yes, if we had hired someone like Daz or Teryl Austin, no one would be upset. We have five directional school supervalues on this staff right fvkking now.

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Addazio was a fantastic OL coach and recruiter. Drayton was an average coach but got us Cam, the pounceys, Rainey, etc. What about Mullen, Strong, White, Gonzales, Holliday, Mattison, etc? Meyer killed it here and if he would've stayed UF would've been a dynasty.

But he didn't stay. Even the greatest Gator of them all eventually left. Unrealistic expectations and massive negativity come with this job.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But he didn't stay. Even the greatest Gator of them all eventually left. Unrealistic expectations and massive negativity come with this job.
I know man. We just want to be Cowbell these days. Just get a third or fourth tier bowl and be happy with 4-5 losses.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I know man. We just want to be Cowbell these days. Just get a third or fourth tier bowl and be happy with 4-5 losses.

Running off Spurrier and Meyer was a good strategy? Now we can't attract Spurrier's or Meyer's.

Tried Zook and Muschamp and got "cowbell". Let's hope Mac gets this train moving or we will be searching again only to find top shelf are not interested.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No top shelf coach is going to be interested in a job that pays a bottom shelf salary, no doubt. Or wants to deal with finding bargain el cheapo assistants. Or working in buildings from the 70s, with no flushing toilets or showers for the kids for months at a time, that only gets fixed when a graduating star player begs publicly for them to be fixed.

Go back and listen to Bammer's reaction after losing the NC. Think ours is worse? Think any big time program tolerates losing well? If they do, they aren't a big time program for long. They become Cal or ND quickly.

Look, I realize that the new AD hasn't had much time to flush all the Fooley but the initial signs aren't great.

You self-loathers need therapy.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Running off Spurrier and Meyer was a good strategy? Now we can't attract Spurrier's or Meyer's.

Tried Zook and Muschamp and got "cowbell". Let's hope Mac gets this train moving or we will be searching again only to find top shelf are not interested.

Spurrier left for the richest contract in history at the time. Meyer caused his own problems.

Pumpers are ridiculous sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator