Grier thinks his arm is strong, best QB in draft

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Also wondering if Holgerson's plan to bolt to Houston had some impact on that advice as well???????

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Grier:

True he is a talent but it's clear he is selfish. I'd much rather a Drew Brees to a Cam Newton or Winston?

I know it's the NFL but Grier's recklessness at UF and his refusal to play in the Bowl Game for WV would give me paus.

I'm old school and like to see players embracing the game and not a paycheck.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Grier:

True he is a talent but it's clear he is selfish. I'd much rather a Drew Brees to a Cam Newton or Winston?

I know it's the NFL but Grier's recklessness at UF and his refusal to play in the Bowl Game for WV would give me paus.

I'm old school and like to see players embracing the game and not a paycheck.

No... I read it!

Were not things said about Cam, Winston, & Mr. Football? Did any of this stop NC, TB, or the Browns?

I pine for the days of Tom Landry and Don Shula

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You didn't read the article.

Grier received some criticism for skipping West Virginia’s bowl game to begin preparations for the NFL Draft. For this, he provided an explanation.

“I actually tore my ankle up in the Texas game,” he said. “Didn’t really put that out to the media. But it was pretty rough the last few games. And Dana (Holgoresen) and I sat down. I was planning on playing for about a week. I was getting treatment and preparing to play and me and Dana sat down and he thought it was best to get Jack Allison some reps. And get some younger guys some reps in the bowl game. He knew how important it was for me to get healthy and chase my dream.”

Wouldn't put too much weight on that ankle.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didnt. And you would have to wonder why Holgerson wouldnt put that out there to defend his Qb. Grier got savaged by WVU fans.

Frankly, given Grier's history of....ummmm... using less than truthful excuses, Im inclined not to believe it without verification by Holgerson and WVU.

I still think he is likely to be pretty successful QB in NFL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't put too much weight on that excuse.
Fify.

Everyone has an ankle issue by the fourth week. And knees and shoulders and everything else. They look like the walking dead going into the ice whirlpools.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Grier received some criticism for skipping West Virginia’s bowl game to begin preparations for the NFL Draft. For this, he provided an explanation.

“I actually tore my ankle up in the Texas game,” he said. “Didn’t really put that out to the media. But it was pretty rough the last few games. And Dana (Holgoresen) and I sat down. I was planning on playing for about a week. I was getting treatment and preparing to play and me and Dana sat down and he thought it was best to get Jack Allison some reps. And get some younger guys some reps in the bowl game. He knew how important it was for me to get healthy and chase my dream.”
:bsflag:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Your criticism is completely clouded by the fact that he "betrayed" the Gators.
True. I don't care about douchenozzles that screw up other teams.

That being said, Butterteeth clearly didn't want him bc he had his man LDR and he would have been shyt trying to run the option. It was better for everyone really.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
True. I don't care about douchenozzles that screw up other teams.

That being said, Butterteeth clearly didn't want him bc he had his man LDR and he would have been shyt trying to run the option. It was better for everyone really.
There's no question is was better for Grier. Possibly better for us, as it got Mac out sooner.

I just think he's an outstanding QB that is going to succeed at the next level. That's it, that's all. Time will tell.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He admits in the quote he sat out the bowl game to prep for the NFL. What more did he need to say?

I suppose he could have added that it allowed him more time to sniff glue over the holidays.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

He’s FOS. Just like all his BS stories he told when he failed his drug test, went MIA and the decided to transfer. Has the guy ever owned a decision he’s made in his life? I think he’s a lying POS.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's gear up this thread. Choose your side.

Grier vs. Mac

Ready, set, go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.