Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I think several years back, maybe ten or more, T Boone Pickens may have worked something out with Gundy and OSU to keep Gundy there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Since their names have become discussed for job changes, Fisher, Riley, Tucker, Cristobal and Aranda have all lost at least one game and held on for close wins against inferior opponents in others.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Content to be good not great. A passing version of Mullen. Zero interest in changing to stop the losses, or moving to somewhere he doesn’t have a ceiling.
This. I liked him a few cycles ago. The great ones ache for championships. they don't go or stay at places like Oklahoma State or Purdue.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There won’t be any more world tours like Foley did after SOS resigned. It’s too embarrassing when you have to get back on the plane with your tail between your legs with all those cameras recording your every move.
fly to Colorado, get publicly turned down, fly to Oklahoma, get publicly turned down, then fly to the Louisiana to pick up a moron.

See, we saved money by cutting out the first two steps this time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Since their names have become discussed for job changes, Fisher, Riley, Tucker, Cristobal and Aranda have all lost at least one game and held on for close wins against inferior opponents in others.
yeah but none of them have had five 21-17 type games.

spin all you want but it's not a good sign, and you know it, especially giving a guy who's supposed to have more talent than the rest of the conference.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
yeah but none of them have had five 21-17 type games.

spin all you want but it's not a good sign, and you know it, especially giving a guy who's supposed to have more talent than the rest of the conference.

Like…

Baylor 27-24 over 6-win TxTech today, after losing to 5-7 TCU a few weeks ago?

Or Oklahoma losing tonight, a week after beating 7-5 Isu 28-21?

Or Cristobal getting de-pantsed by Utah by 31 and finishing with a 9 point win over 7-5 OrgSt?

Or Fisher, well, just being Fisher despite fielding one of the most talented teams in the SEC?

Yes, none of those teams are examples of greater talent being played close or beaten by inferior talent. Sure.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Well, you guys are free to believe whatever you want. I've looked at his body of work and I've watched some of his games and listened to him and I just don't see the next Steve Spurrier or Urban Meyer. It is at best an underwhelming hire and seems right out of the Chump/Butters/Mullinz playbook or trying to find some diamond in the rough. How's that worked out for us? I see no point in talking myself into anything otherwise just to feel good about it. I guess we'll (unfortunately) find out. I hope I'm wrong and if so I'll be here to eat crow.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Like…

Baylor 27-24 over 6-win TxTech today, after losing to 5-7 TCU a few weeks ago?

Or Oklahoma losing tonight, a week after beating 7-5 Isu 28-21?

Or Cristobal getting de-pantsed by Utah by 31 and finishing with a 9 point win over 7-5 OrgSt?

Or Fisher, well, just being Fisher despite fielding one of the most talented teams in the SEC?

Yes, none of those teams are examples of greater talent being played close or beaten by inferior talent. Sure.
So you're saying Naps isn't the guy either then? Obviously we don't want to be like the examples u mentioned above right?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Youre the one comparing Potatohead to Meyer, not me.

Dont change the subject.

I didn’t compare Napier with Meyer in claiming they’re equal. Nor have I said he’s the next great one. What I have said is that there are more similarities to someone like Meyer than Muschamp, and dismissed the overly critical views of a rivalry game being close. You responded the names I mentioned hadn’t done that. I provided a host of examples and now I guess I’m changing the subject. Ok. You need a refill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.