Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I understand your views, but so much of upper level management is an innate quality that really can't be taught, but someone who wants to learn can garner some info. I believe that is kind of how Kiffen is now. Has the football knowledge, but no clue of management. Strichnine mentioned something today that Cousin Eddie has never had and I said that for 15 years now. Attention To Detail. Lack of that trait is enough for me to disqualify almost everyone and the fact that Strichnine could not see that in Cousin Eddie at while both were at Cowbell proves that Strichnine is either stupid, blind or does not care, possibly all 3. Dumbo has that smartest guy in the room attitude but does seem to have a bit of football knowledge that Cousin Eddie never had. A guy like Pittman clearly has the management, attention to Detail quality. Just looking as some football statistical numbers can often times be misleading. Identifying the hidden qualities is difficult, but that is what I expect those getting paid the big bucks to do.
But didn't Strick have to settle for DM? Maybe his attention to detail or whatever else worked at Cowbell, but then he rolled the dice on whether it would work here.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
But didn't Strick have to settle for DM? Maybe his attention to detail or whatever else worked at Cowbell, but then he rolled the dice on whether it would work here.

Not sure what you mean. Strichnine did not hire Cousin Eddie at Cowbell, but the fact that he could not see how poor his teams were at fundamentals and how Cousin Eddie's lack of attention to detail is beyond me. Maybe b/c it was Cowbell he did not pay attention b/c you only expect certain finishes at Cowbell. Sure you get a decent win every now and then but as Strichnine mentioned in today's presser those"other things that go on during the week" are what cause the Sam Ford performances and the South Alabama losses and the keeping of Joe Lee Dunn Jr.

My question is what worked at Cowbell? They did not win dykk there with Cousin Eddie as HC. He proved nothing to deserve being HC at UF.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin inherited Mullen at MSU.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
THIS. THREAD. DELIVERS.

Been excited all afternoon that DM is gone. A lot of names been thrown around and a LOT of good one better than the Mullet. It is going to be interesting around here for the next couple of weeks.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
THIS. THREAD. DELIVERS.

Been excited all afternoon that DM is gone. A lot of names been thrown around and a LOT of good one better than the Mullet. It is going to be interesting around here for the next couple of weeks.
I bet it takes almost a month.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what you mean. Strichnine did not hire Cousin Eddie at Cowbell, but the fact that he could not see how poor his teams were at fundamentals and how Cousin Eddie's lack of attention to detail is beyond me. Maybe b/c it was Cowbell he did not pay attention b/c you only expect certain finishes at Cowbell. Sure you get a decent win every now and then but as Strichnine mentioned in today's presser those"other things that go on during the week" are what cause the Sam Ford performances and the South Alabama losses and the keeping of Joe Lee Dunn Jr.

My question is what worked at Cowbell? They did not win dykk there with Cousin Eddie as HC. He proved nothing to deserve being HC at UF.
We're basically on the same page. Strick settled for Mullen at UF, what I heard, and he hoped for the best knowing the standards are different between MSU and UF.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Tharber meant Brian Johnson, not Brad Johnson. Good Lord, why would anyone, but esp us, hire the Nole?
We wouldn’t, it’s bad enough his son has azz raped us two years in a row.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I said Kiffen a couple of weeks ago. Ole Miss is fun to watch play. Its also refreshing to see how much the players like playing for him.

He’s brash and ultra confident. He’ll be the best recruiter in the state. He will air it out. He will have the OBC in his office drawing up ball plays. He'll be everything Mullen is not.

If he is smart enough to get a stud DC, keep Brewster and bring back Seider we would be challenging quick. Kirby is a horrible coach but recruits like beast and gets kids fired up.

Kiffin is a loser who cuts corners and flames out, burning everything in his wake. USC and Ut haven’t recovered yet.

A thousand times HELL NO!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He knows and probably designed last years system.

What I mean is he knows the languages etc. Could flush the Dan Mullen part of the playbook and keep the stuff he stole from SOS or wherever he got it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We're basically on the same page. Strick settled for Mullen at UF, what I heard, and he hoped for the best knowing the standards are different between MSU and UF.

He settled for Cousin Eddie b/c Strichnine is a totally incompetent idiot when it comes to football just like Fooley was and is. Strichnine's list of obvious BS mirrored Fooley's list when SOS left. Both Fooley and Strichnine need to be gone from the premises yesterday..

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He settled for Cousin Eddie b/c Strichnine is a totally incompetent idiot when it comes to football just like Fooley was and is. Strichnine's list of obvious BS mirrored Fooley's list when SOS left. Both Fooley and Strichnine need to be gone from the premises yesterday..
And yet...:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.