Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Aranda's name not really mentioned for UF. We could make worse hires.....

USATSI_11238049_168383315_lowres.jpg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
upload_2021-11-21_17-32-49.jpeg :butters: upload_2021-11-21_17-34-17.jpeg

I mean seriously, if Fooley and Strichnine were not around, I would seriously ask how can it get worse? But with that caveat, anything is possible.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
How come no one has suggested Eric Bieniemy? Done a great job as O.C. with the Chiefs and Mahomes and comes from that Andy Reid coaching tree. I know he's gotten screwed over for head coaching jobs in the NFL, but he'd be a hit with recruits.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Mine haven't exactly lit the world on fire.

Ox….I come in peace….and with me I bring my “retarded feelings” as you so referred.

With all due respect, I tried hard to to tell you that Mullen was toast…..it was over. Truth be known obvious discussions were already underway.

Previously I had told you, without equivocation, that any one of 3 things would send DM packing.

(1) Refusing to fire Grantham when told. He did so reluctantly.

(2) Lose to FSU

(3) Lose AR15 to the portal.

What changed the timeline so quickly was the disaster against the Samson and the MANNER of how we lost last night. Both brought shame that could not be erased.

This combined with the real possibility that AR was possibly leaving changed the game. He could hit the portal at any moment and we couldn’t risk that.

Strick did not “wake up” and decide to make a change. His phone rang to wake him and the message was delivered to execute the plan.

Time ran out. Believe that.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Guys there's a reason AR deleted his tweet and is now staying....were getting Gus....
The same Gus who got fired from Auburn….just last year? Whose UCF teams have sucked cawk so far?

I have little doubt that Stricklin and Fuchs could wreck this search, but firing one dumb fuch who can’t recruit and runs a sideways offense for another qb power dumbass isn’t happening. At least I hope not.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Can someone explain to me the Billy Napier hype? I don’t get why article after article talks this guy up. What he’s done in the Sun Belt is impressive. But, that doesn’t say anything about him being able to recruit against Smart, Saban, Jimbo…etc.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Freeze, Malzahn and Mullin are just slightly different shades of the same thing.

Freeze and Malzahn are better recruiters (Malzahn only slightly) and better at building staffs. Otherwise, yeah.

Don't forget, Freeze's best ever team at Ole Miss lost to both Butters and Cornrows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.