Here's what I find interesting - Nevada offense?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99151 said:
:smh: And Spurrier ran most of his plays back in the day out of a Spread Formation. It doesn't mean his offense is related to Rich Rodriguez.

whehhhhhhhhhhhh

Back pedaling doesn't really help your argument. I simply made a statement which was that of running the pistol. It's what we did. It worked. I'm not saying we need to run it regularly, but it worked. Your assertion that it's a UNLV offense was wrong. Deal with it.

I guarentee you will will run more Pistol formation offense this Saturday and going forward. It's actually a very effective formation which is why a ton of teams are moving in that direction.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:yawn: You didn't say "Pistol Formation" you said the offensive scheme was that of this Piss Conference Team and it isn't.

However, you are correct that no one gives a fvkk about football from NV.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99254 said:
:yawn: You didn't say "Pistol Formation" you said the offensive scheme was that of this Piss Conference Team and it isn't.

The offensive scheme was that of the Pistol you Moron. Chris Ault invented the Pistol therefore it's a copy of his offense. Again, you show your ignorance.:facepalm::crazy:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99254 said:

Again, reading comprehension….

Our offensive scheme was that of this Mountain West team. The Pistol was run over 85% of the time.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n99258 said:

For such a lover of the current coach, I'd think you'd actually agree with me, no Law. The Pistol was predominant in the game. And it got your heart throb a Win.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99314 said:
Seriously, dude. We don't give two shiits about Nevada.

No one is saying you do. However, my point has been made.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n99309 said:
For such a lover of the current coach, I'd think you'd actually agree with me, no Law. The Pistol was predominant in the game. And it got your heart throb a Win.

:rolleyes:

Where did I disagree with you that the pistol wasn't used? I simply agreed with law that no one cares about football in NV. And you can go back and search my posts from the last month or so and see how I feel about the coach. I was never in love with him but actually wanted him to be successful, because....GASP....that meant UF would be successful! How horrible of me!

Come up with new material, it's getting stale.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Lots of meanies on this board. people always trying to "flex" on others. I just laugh

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
ATXGator;n98712 said:
What I find interesting is that in a game where we execute great in the running game and destroy one of our biggest rivals people are pissed because we didn't stop doing what worked...
this.......times 10

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n99366 said:
Lots of meanies on this board. people always trying to "flex" on others. I just laugh

tumblr_lp0bgpHDQZ1r0b739o1_500.gif

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n99305 said:
The offensive scheme was that of the Pistol you Moron. Chris Ault invented the Pistol therefore it's a copy of his offense. Again, you show your ignorance.:facepalm::crazy:

I understand what you're saying NV. It's pretty simple. I also understand that Law will never admit that he was wrong. Even for something as simple as this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stick with chewing bubble gums and waiving pom-poms, both of you. Here's a breakdown for you:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,176983
The Wolfpack, like most other teams, rely heavily on the inside zone and zone read plays -- the now-ubiquitous shotgun play that came into vogue at Northwestern under Randy Walker in the late nineties and made Rich Rodriguez a rising star at West Virginia -- but the play that's really made Nevada's offense go the last two years is one Ault added to take advantage of quarterback Colin Kaepernick's running ability: the veer.

We ran none of that. No veer, no inside zone, no zone reads. Zero. (Probably does no good to you who don't know what a veer is either.) We ran straight handoffs and some qpowers and draws. We didn't run anything like the Nevada offense other than our QB standing 4 yards deep instead of 6. We didn't run the Nevada offense--again-- just like we haven't run it any of the other times you've said it since the Meyer years.

And no one gives a shiiit about Nevada.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99678 said:
Stick with chewing bubble gums and waiving pom-poms, both of you. Here's a breakdown for you:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,176983

We ran none of that. No veer, no inside zone, no zone reads. Zero. (Probably does no good to you who don't know what a veer is either.) We ran straight handoffs and some qpowers and draws. We didn't run anything like the Nevada offense other than our QB standing 4 yards deep instead of 6. We didn't run the Nevada offense--again-- just like we haven't run it any of the other times you've said it since the Meyer years.

And no one gives a shiiit about Nevada.

Perhaps you should take the time to read your 2009 article. Times are changing and more are moving in this direction.

The larger question, though, is why no one else runs it except as an occasional novelty -- can this stuff work outside of the WAC? I would say so -- but not because the "pistol" is magical. Only because an offensive mind like Ault could coach it.

Here are some more quotes for you about the "Non-Nevada" Offense...

The Pistol Offense was designed in 2004 by Chris Ault, the head coach of the University of Nevada. The offense combines the shotgun and single back offenses into a hybrid system. In the Pistol Offense, the QB aligns tighter to the LOS than in a traditional shotgun and the running back aligns directly behind him. The offense has evolved to include multiple backs and Pistol formations have found their way into many college offenses and into the NFL. It was used extensively throughout the 2012 NFL Season by the Washington Redskins with RGIII and the San Francisco 49ers withColin Kaepernick who ran the offense in college at Nevada.

Trent Dilfer spent 13 seasons in the NFL, was the starting quarterback on the Baltimore Ravens’ 2000 Super Bowl-winning team and is currently an analyst for ESPN. He’s seen a lot of offenses in his years. But he hasn’t seen many as potent as Chris Ault’s Pistol.
“It’s a great offense,” Dilfer said at last week’s American Century Championship. “It’s the best offense we’ve seen in years, especially when you can combine West Coast passing principles with it.”

The Pack, which has operated out of the pistol since the start of the 2005 season, is 65-39 through 104 games with the pistol and has been to eight bowl games in eight seasons. The pistol, which has been mainly engineered by quarterbacks Jeff Rowe (2005-06), Kaepernick (2007-10) and Cody Fajardo (2011-12), has averaged 35.6 points and 479.4 yards a game through its 104-game history.

The Kansas City Chiefs made a few headlines recently when they reached an agreement with Chris Ault to be a consultant with the team.
Ault is considered the "Godfather of the pistol offense".
It's not surprising that Ault found a role with an NFL club. In fact, it's surprising that it actually took this long. His pistol offense and ideas derived from it were prevalent throughout much of last season with the Washington Redskins and quarterback Robert Griffin III, theSeattle Seahawks with Russell Wilson and the San Francisco 49erswith Colin Kaepernick.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The season has gotten so bad that we are talking Nevada football? :facepalm:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n99809 said:
Perhaps you should take the time to read your 2009 article. Times are changing and more are moving in this direction.

Here are some more quotes for you about the "Non-Nevada" Offense...

"Trent Dilfer spent 13 seasons in the NFL,...."

That's the one surprising thing that stood out for me in that post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator