His way out? Mac claims death threats on coaches and players: "It is what it is."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As to the presser:
1) notice the long silence-stretch before reporters ask another 'cause they realize Mac is through 'not-answering' the prior question.
2) actually, it was one of his better pressers
3) his death-threat mention may have been an exit-strategy or possibly a marker from how low we were when he started to turn it around. Death threats are tuff to ignore and he's correct to give them negative publicity.
4) he's mumbling too much ... like he's talking to himself.
5) we gotta give props to the repoerters-- otherwise, how they gonna keep their heads up?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Watch for yourself.

Here is the portion where the talk of death threats begins......

The part at 15:37 is exactly where McElwain loses his pressers again and again. Let's be clear, anyone wishing death on any of our players, coaches or their families is a garbage individual. Actually making a call like that, just secures their position.

But it's been put out there at this point(right or wrong to do so). And the reporter alludes to the fact that he wanted to talk about uga, but instead continues to focus on the topic. Right there JM could take the high road, dismiss this as serious but a minute fraction of the base, and talk about the upcoming game. Rather, he keeps the discussion on the whining and "human element", much like he did in the lead up to ut post-Irma. The outside stuff has its place. But the woe is me card is getting old and is one of the signature reasons many want him fired.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
He's lying about something; either there were no death threats or there were and he reported them to the police. No chance he goes out there and makes that claim and its true as he stated it.

Frankly this is the clearest sign yet he is done. He thinks the answer is to make Florida-Georgia week about him? While I have wanted him gone since a year ago I always knew he would get this year and next year but after recent events I am starting to think he is out of here one way or another this season. You cannot continue to crap on the fanbase like he does and keep your job.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When he throws this out, he's doing nothing more than putting down the entire fan base and making us all look like lunatics.

I personally think it’s a crock of ****.Do you probably have a couple fringe lunatics? Of course. But he’s making it sound like he’s being inundated with it. Then he brings it up and when people (reporters) start asking questions he shuts it down. He’s the one that brought it up!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
No Chief, you simply completely missed my point. It doesn't matter. Carry on.

Not unusual for me. I am to assume if you got such a threat you would employ the rule of law, That would be smart, and I assume you are smart.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Show me one public figure that hasn't had some dip****s send them death threats. It's terrible and inexcusable, but I imagine coaches get threats all the time and how many murders have there been? If Muschamp not only got out of town with his life, but lived to coach another year after 4-8 than mcelwain is safe. Quit whining and fix the offense.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zook, Meyer, and Muschamp all got death threats, how many of them brought it up to the public?

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
death threats to coaches, and even players, are nothing new. - they have no place in sports IMO

multiple threats? - likely there's 1 person responsible. they're just doing it over and over

I think just about everyone believes that a competent job should be performed for a $4.5 million/year salary - he's not doing so great

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
death threats to coaches, and even players, are nothing new. - they have no place in sports IMO

multiple threats? - likely there's 1 person responsible. they're just doing it over and over

I think just about everyone believes that a competent job should be performed for a $4.5 million/year salary - he's not doing so great

Has anyone checked the mail leaving Swamp Donkey's house/email?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only threat I know he has gotten is the routine request that somebody run up and punch him in the nuts.

nrZGy7.gif

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
His story doesn’t add up. It’s starting to crumble for ole Mac

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Actual death threats, in this crazy age, should be taken seriously. But, bringing it up like this in a presser seems to have been done for a purpose. Still kinda bush league.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Now on ESPN. The revenge of Mac, making fans look like ass-clowns. What did we do to deserve this guy?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've gone from being angry at him to being embarrassed for him. I can't even go into the number of ways he handled that wrong. If there was nothing to it, just random BS, he should have kept his mouth shut. If there was something to it, call the cops and keep your mouth shut. Either way he's just fanning flames. Let's give our next bargain basement HC an IQ test before signing a contract.

I wouldn't hire him as a receptionist.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just got a CBS sports alert about this with a link to the article. Going to be all over the media and Mac will be getting asked about it a bunch now. Complete deflection tactic by Mac.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I personally think it’s a crock of ****.Do you probably have a couple fringe lunatics? Of course. But he’s making it sound like he’s being inundated with it. Then he brings it up and when people (reporters) start asking questions he shuts it down. He’s the one that brought it up!

It's very odd. To bring it up, not answer any followup questions, and also not to report it to authorities is just unusual. I think he's simply trying to gain sympathy from people, whether it's the fans, media, or whomever. The purpose could be to get some deserved heat off of him or maybe he is setting himself up to have reasons to leave later. Either way, his actions and comments are continuing to backfire. He's clearly in over his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.