HS hoops player sucker-punches opposing player (twice!) in handshake line after game

Status
Not open for further replies.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I'm talking about any fight I get into. In this conversation, I said the kid was gutless. It's assault, period (or whatever technical legal term... i know what murder and mayhem are, still haven't mastered this "assault" vs "battery" thing!). Not until we moved to Dearborn did I experience this phenomena of two guys dancing around wanting to punch each other in the head.
Strictly speaking assault is when you put someone in eminent fear of bodily harm and battery is when you actually strike them.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Actually, I do know that battery can be merely touching someone without their consent... heard it from a friend ;)
Depends on how or where you touch them. It's usually defined as, "harmful or offensive contact."

So for example if you touch a stripper's titty without sticking a dollar in her g-string, depending on her mood she could press charges.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hahaha I think the nature of pro hockey is that everybody needs to be ready to fight at any and all moments when they're sharing the ice with the other team.

But high school kids in a handshake line after the game? Not so much.
As opposed to movie hockey, you must not have seen real pro hockey. This is after Claude Lemeuix punked Chris Draper in the deciding game 6 of a nasty playoff series.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Oh, and FTR, while I don't think it was warranted regardless of what happened on court, the punk clearly went "full Option #3." :lol:

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I played a lot of hockey and many games get nasty. But the hand shake line is sacred. If you are offended, you still shake hands and if you don't, you are castigated even by your teammates.

It is simply no place for a sucker punch!

This kid was out of line! The charges are proper. It is an assault when the other guy is expecting sportsmanship and gets punched (twice)!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
As opposed to movie hockey, you must not have seen real pro hockey. This is after Claude Lemeuix punked Chris Draper in the deciding game 6 of a nasty playoff series.

Correct. Hockey is a gentleman's sport. McCarty made Lemieux pay for his absolute sucker move on Draper in the rematch going full Option 3 by ramming Lemieux's head into the ice and then kneeing his head into the boards after kicking his ass.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I played a lot of hockey and many games get nasty. But the hand shake line is sacred. If you are offended, you still shake hands and if you don't, you are castigated even by your teammates.

It is simply no place for a sucker punch!

This kid was out of line! The charges are proper. It is an assault when the other guy is expecting sportsmanship and gets punched (twice)!
Ahh, okay. So you're saying I was wrong to say that hockey players need to be ready to fight at any and all times when on the ice, because hockey players do not fight in the handshake line? Fair enough, I stand corrected.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I don't think you guys are reading enough into this clip and really diving deep into the great conversations and philosophical discussions we should be having.

Can a bipolar person sucker punch themselves and is it still just as morally reprehensible?

If a deaf man sucker punches a tree in the middle of a forest, when nobody else is around, does it make a sound? Would UFs administration even pretend to care?

Is a "donkey punch" considered a sucker punch?

Stop with this elementary BS and answer some of these tough questions compadres.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
:scratchhead: I need more explication on this one.
Lemeuix rearranged Draper's face with an absolute cheap shot into the open bench door during the 6th and final game of a VERY nasty series. Dino Cicerrelli, after whining excessively about cup checks from Patrick Roy, shook his "friggin" hand in the hand shake line. Then whined about it. But he did it even as he was offended!

For the record, the whole rivalry started with a cheap shot at Adam Foote from Constantinov right in front of me. Nasty hit, but dirty rub into the glass.

Beautiful sport!

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Correct. Hockey is a gentleman's sport. McCarty made Lemieux pay for his absolute sucker move on Draper in the rematch going full Option 3 by ramming Lemieux's head into the ice and then kneeing his head into the boards after kicking his ass.
Yes he did, and Lemeuix showed the pussy he was when he turtled.

He was an ******* his entire career, but as a Avs fan, he was our ******* for a bit!

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
@G. Gordon Gator @Spurdog98

Your b!tch ass slap fight is fcuking up an otherwise good thread. Nobody cares. Take it to PMs.

iu

Alex.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I don't think you guys are reading enough into this clip and really diving deep into the great conversations and philosophical discussions we should be having.

Can a bipolar person sucker punch themselves and is it still just as morally reprehensible?

If a deaf man sucker punches a tree in the middle of a forest, when nobody else is around, does it make a sound? Would UFs administration even pretend to care?

Is a "donkey punch" considered a sucker punch?

Stop with this elementary BS and answer some of these tough questions compadres.
What's the tough question? One kid assaulted another kid, period.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

He was an ******* his entire career, but as a Avs fan, he was our ******* for a bit!
Obviously I HATED the Avs... I hated Lemieux long before he was an Av. Simultaneously, I have a ton of begrudging respect for a lot of the Av players... and we are getting OLD! Can't believe these guys have sons in the NHL now! ;)

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Also, in fairness to Lemieux (and I'm gagging here), McCarty basically sucker punch him, but I don't judge him for that, he was going full retribution, and Lemieux shoulda been ready for anything during that game.

And honestly, who in da fuk goes after LARIONOV?!?!?! He's "The PROFESSOR" for crying out loud!!! :lol:

PS Good hunting this weekend.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Also, in fairness to Lemieux (and I'm gagging here), McCarty basically sucker punch him, but I don't judge him for that, he was going full retribution, and Lemieux shoulda been ready for anything during that game.

And honestly, who in da fuk goes after LARIONOV?!?!?! He's "The PROFESSOR" for crying out loud!!! :lol:

PS Good hunting this weekend.

Speaking of fighting, what happened to the Red West avatar? He was a bodyguard for Elvis back in the day. Supposedly a tough fighter.

Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member