Hurricane Dorian

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We don’t even get the weather channel on our TV. We have no idea where Jim Cantore is. What we do is follow local meteorologists and listen to what they say. They’ve been damn helpful the last few years and are far from sensationalist. But sure, let’s all be complete a$$holes and project. The joys of social media when everyone can sit behind a keyboard and have a dick measuring contest.

drinking5.gif

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Current forecast is showing it only 40 miles offshore of Jax. Going to be an interesting day tomorrow.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I don't particularly like modes a lot, but I tend to agree with Sas and SQ on this one.
Utilize the credible resources that are available, make an educated decision, and hopefully everything works out.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The joys of social media when everyone can sit behind a keyboard and have a dick measuring contest.
Sorry for going off topic, but I’m curious; do you participate in many of these measuring contests? If the answer is “yes”, I’ve been interpreting this “queen” thing the wrong way and for quite some time.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Gov. DeSantis stayed away from panic-hype and was pretty steady at the helm. I also didn’t think the media went too crazy.

But on my own....I probably took more precautions than I have in the past. Not sure why but I had a bad feeling about this one.

(1) put shutters up
(2) had generator at the ready
(3) gassed all the vehicles
(4)filled a 55 gal drum with fuel with another drum ready to go if needed.
(5) bought enough beer

And nothing happened. So I’ll use the drum to fill up my Jeep a few times and save the beer and food for next Gator Party. No money wasted. Lost some time clearing the land and putting up the shutters.

Good drill for next event.

I read your preparation list and thought you were going overboard and being a nervous Nelly until I got to #5 then I was all...

PreciousWastefulCoati-max-1mb.gif

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As an aside, I would just like to say that whatever idiot government bureaucrat who came up with the new spout that has been mandated for all gas cans should be stripped naked, tied to a post and placed facing the ocean on whatever beach the next Cat 5 hurricane is about to hit.

:mad:

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
69969360_10205957979745531_3400267823753199616_n.jpg

I'm surprised the Cape Canaveral weather buoys are still transmitting data....32 ft wave height at the 120 mile buoy. A 30 ft wave every 13 seconds is pretty scary.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Where jboss at? He was practically praying for a direct hit. :crazy:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As the originator of this post, methinks it’s time to remove it as a featured post.
Florida was barely impacted. The end.

Name and town if you wish to opine.
This thing is still very active and moving its way up the coast, dork.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm doing nothing....... check back Tuesday......

It's been rough....... got some twigs down, about 1/2" rain and wind gust of 12 mph.

Praying for those who really have lost everything.

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
Weather personnel are generally the worst. Ever heard of this dude named Jim Cantore? He’s the eye of the media circus hurricane.
I swear during Hurricane Charley Jim Cantore had somebody standing just off camera throwing crap up into the wind so he could duck and say wow what was that. It was so damn funny.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I read your preparation list and thought you were going overboard and being a nervous Nelly until I got to #5 then I was all...

PreciousWastefulCoati-max-1mb.gif

Well yeah....always keep beer stocked for any occasion! However I probably lied a bit....like most of our snacks....we drank the beer by Monday night..and will have to restock for Saturday’s game.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hear there is a Dunkirk-like movement to send boats to the Bahamas carrying supplies for those poor folks. My buddy Kevin in Tampa already has his boat hitched up and ready to go.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I hear there is a Dunkirk-like movement to send boats to the Bahamas carrying supplies for those poor folks. My buddy Kevin in Tampa already has his boat hitched up and ready to go.
That would be awesome. If you have a link, thread, facebook or any info please post.

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
Dumb idea, for what it costs to take a thousand small boats across you could donate the money to load a cargo ship. The seas are not going to calm right down so the crossing will take hours. I had my boat in Bimini 2005 when hurricane Ophelia came through We waited a few days to cross back, the crossing back was pure hell. It took us 10 hrs in those conditions and Freeport is a lot further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator