I hope to hear "FIRE FOLEY"

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n87352 said:
Why the extremes all the time?

Let's be real for a sec, this is another football hire not gymnastics. While Foley is a proven commodity overall, he hasn't shown that he can hire football coaches unless it's a guy any one of us would've hired. Zook and Muschamp aren't just bad, they are colossal failures. You're acting like women's lacrosse and tiddlywinks make up for the only one that matters. If we were to assign a value to each sport by %, what do you think football would rate? Ninety? Maybe higher? You guys are putting too much stock into this overall sports cup director's BS. Would you trade 10 Gymastics titles for the two in football? WOuld you trade all the other titles for the two in football? Hell no.

Give me a freaking break about all these other sports. It's an added bonus but football reigns supreme. I don't see a women's gymnastics board. And he hired Billy D almost 20 years ago. Foley is past his prime. Don't shoot the messenger.

PS Two under Meyer...I know we have three so calm down.

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
T REX;n87381 said:
Let's be real for a sec, this is another football hire not gymnastics. While Foley is a proven commodity overall, he hasn't shown that he can hire football coaches unless it's a guy any one of us would've hired. Zook and Muschamp aren't just bad, they are colossal failures. You're acting like women's lacrosse and tiddlywinks make up for the only one that matters. If we were to assign a value to each sport by %, what do you think football would rate? Ninety? Maybe higher? You guys are putting too much stock into this overall sports cup director's BS. Would you trade 10 Gymastics titles for the two in football? WOuld you trade all the other titles for the two in football? Hell no.

Give me a freaking break about all these other sports. It's an added bonus but football reigns supreme. I don't see a women's gymnastics board. And he hired Billy D almost 20 years ago. Foley is past his prime. Don't shoot the messenger.

PS Two under Meyer...I know we have three so calm down.

The guy's running a business and it makes more money than his peer group. It also happens to donate more $ to non athletic activities than the peer group. I'm not putting stock in anything other than the business and the overall results of athletics. You might say it's pretty miraculous Foley has been able to deliver the cash in light of the pitiful brand of football that's been played over the last 4 years.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Maillot Jaune;n87408 said:
The guy's running a business and it makes more money than his peer group. It also happens to donate more $ to non athletic activities than the peer group. I'm not putting stock in anything other than the business and the overall results of athletics. You might say it's pretty miraculous Foley has been able to deliver the cash in light of the pitiful brand of football that's been played over the last 4 years.

Come on...I bet if you look at the financials the money train started back in the Spurrier days. There was a study done as well between the correlation of an increase in college applicants and the success of a college's football team(very very interesting btw). It all comes back to football. SOS started the gravy train and Foley rode on it. Oh calm down, he did an amazing job and helped foster a winning environment beyond football. He hired Billy & Meyer as well. We were the epi-center of the college universe for a while. Foley gets his fair share of credit but let's not act like we'd be winless in all these sports. We were the sleeping giant. Spurrier awakened it, not Foley.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
threatmatrix;87427 said:
Ray Finkle;n87352 said:
Why the extremes all the time?
It's a message board Ray.
I understand that. I will just never understand why some of you stay so high strung and have the all or nothing attitude. Not my life and blood pressure, so not a big deal to me.

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
T REX;n87414 said:
Come on...I bet if you look at the financials the money train started back in the Spurrier days. There was a study done as well between the correlation of an increase in college applicants and the success of a college's football team(very very interesting btw). It all comes back to football. SOS started the gravy train and Foley rode on it. Oh calm down, he did an amazing job and helped foster a winning environment beyond football. He hired Billy & Meyer as well. We were the epi-center of the college universe for a while. Foley gets his fair share of credit but let's not act like we'd be winless in all these sports. We were the sleeping giant. Spurrier awakened it, not Foley.

So, you're suggesting the student population and associated rise in entrance standards are directly related to SOS bringing winning football to UF? For the record, Pell organized the boosters. Bright Futures drove enrollment. If you think SOS is the reason UF is the institution it is today, you are football blind. They are not expanding academic buildings and offerings on the UF campus because Urban won two championships, or SOS won some in the 90's. BTW: Foley was here in the 80's.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Ray Finkle;n87442 said:
I understand that. I will just never understand why some of you stay so high strung and have the all or nothing attitude. Not my life and blood pressure, so not a big deal to me.
Oh I agree with you. 90% of my posts are facetious and then someone jumps on it with such vitriol I have to think, "get a grip" people.

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
I must admit I have been woefully inept at keeping up with the Board, but I did go back and read this thread after posting. Some comic gold in here.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Maillot Jaune;n87446 said:
So, you're suggesting the student population and associated rise in entrance standards are directly related to SOS bringing winning football to UF? For the record, Pell organized the boosters. Bright Futures drove enrollment. If you think SOS is the reason UF is the institution it is today, you are football blind. They are not expanding academic buildings and offerings on the UF campus because Urban won two championships, or SOS won some in the 90's. BTW: Foley was here in the 80's.

I never said that...the increase in population alone can be attributed to the growth. You are plucking one single comment out of the whole post. It was an off-hand remark. That was not my argument. I was saying that a lot it was in place prior to Foley. Here's one of the articles:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hbsworki...-applications/

I never claimed SOS made UF what it is today. He PAVED the road...if you can't see that then there's no point in continuing this. Are you going to claim that SOS didn't put us on the map? We can poll this place and 80% or more will agree. Spurrier awakened the sleeping giant. That's my claim and I stand by it. Feel free to show otherwise.

edit: Spurrier put on us on the athletic map just to clarify.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So are the fans suppose to show up to the game and chant "Fire Foley" or are they not suppose to show up at the game at all?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n87632 said:
So are the fans suppose to show up to the game and chant "Fire Foley" or are they not suppose to show up at the game at all?
I've been seeing you playing with this on the chatterbox for days. See if you can figure it out.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n87640 said:
I've been seeing you playing with this on the chatterbox for days. See if you can figure it out.

So you have no answer, got it.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
T REX;n87484 said:
I never said that...the increase in population alone can be attributed to the growth. You are plucking one single comment out of the whole post. It was an off-hand remark. That was not my argument. I was saying that a lot it was in place prior to Foley. Here's one of the articles:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hbsworki...-applications/

I never claimed SOS made UF what it is today. He PAVED the road...if you can't see that then there's no point in continuing this. Are you going to claim that SOS didn't put us on the map? We can poll this place and 80% or more will agree. Spurrier awakened the sleeping giant. That's my claim and I stand by it. Feel free to show otherwise.

edit: Spurrier put on us on the athletic map just to clarify.
Bottom line is Foley, outside of SOS, has greatly contributed to the success of UF athletics and the financial stability. Calls to fire him are asinine. As for for Spurrier, No other single person has contributed more to the success of gator football than he, It started with him leading us to our FIRST two New Year's Day Bowls (that is when they were a HUGE DEAL) and then winning the Heisman. Followed by his unbelievable success as our HBC during his decade+ here, Just what he did to UGA in response to all the years the ruined our seasons is reason enough to name the stadium after him. I will give you Charlie Pell as next because he got the donors on board and had great teams players and success, And to this day I will swear to you he did it the same way it was being done all over the conference. He got the ball rolling with gator football but also got smacked down seriously,
Boys and girls, these are bad times, tough times. Sh#t happens. Pro teams pick players every year that fail, We picked a guy that has not met our expectations at all. The bar is high. I am confident it will get better with changes, But like Stumpy, I aint gonna pile on and denigrate those that wear the orange and blue, It aint my nature.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n87772 said:
Bottom line is Foley, outside of SOS, has greatly contributed to the success of UF athletics and the financial stability. Calls to fire him are asinine. As for for Spurrier, No other single person has contributed more to the success of gator football than he, It started with him leading us to our FIRST two New Year's Day Bowls (that is when they were a HUGE DEAL) and then winning the Heisman. Followed by his unbelievable success as our HBC during his decade+ here, Just what he did to UGA in response to all the years the ruined our seasons is reason enough to name the stadium after him. I will give you Charlie Pell as next because he got the donors on board and had great teams players and success, And to this day I will swear to you he did it the same way it was being done all over the conference. He got the ball rolling with gator football but also got smacked down seriously,
Boys and girls, these are bad times, tough times. Sh#t happens. Pro teams pick players every year that fail, We picked a guy that has not met our expectations at all. The bar is high. I am confident it will get better with changes, But like Stumpy, I aint gonna pile on and denigrate those that wear the orange and blue, It aint my nature.

Spurrier Field at BHG? Good post

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator