If Butters hadn't forced his way out, would he still be head coach?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, with a new extension
Bingo. His resume was plenty good enough for Stricklin, who had already signed him to an extension. The guy had won the east twice, and Matt Corral would have taken the reigns. We would have been awful, but 8 or 9 wins is enough under current management.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
At this point, no. Through 2017 and ‘18, probably.

Now, would “Mr Mun-dee” have hired anyone significantly better, that’s another question. But I’m saying no to that. We lucked into DM.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Based on what?

The AD doesn’t make all the decisions at the end of the day. McElwain was way less popular than even WM with the boosters and even much of the admin. He was essentially Meyer without the success. His hand would’ve been forced similar to Foley’s in 2004.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If your uncle had a sex change, would you still love her?

I don't think he would be here, the players were starting realize he was full of schit, they had to practice on their own, work out on their own because of lack of guidance in the S&C program. The ugly losses we had showed the locker room was divided. He got lucky that the rest of the East was a worse dumpster fire and he managed to get to Atlanta. It was going south quickly and he saw the writing on the wall..

He didn't deserve a penny of the deal that sent him packing, but it was also worth it to get rid of him.

Go Gators

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not only would he still be here, his deal would have been extended to give him a higher pay than Saban.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he would be here, the players were starting realize he was full of schit, they had to practice on their own, work out on their own because of lack of guidance in the S&C program. The ugly losses we had showed the locker room was divided.
All of this was already the reality when he was given a raise and an extension.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not only would he still be here, his deal would have been extended to give him a higher pay than Saban.

I like the idea of looking at hypotheticals. I’ve often wondered, if on Saturday morning, you still have residual intoxication from a Friday night of hard drinking at Silhouettes, does it constitute being “drunk”?

It’s just tough to say, you know.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You guys have a lot more faith in the performance of our AD's than I do.

And yes, Foley is STILL an AD at the University of Florida.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Weve veen paying our HC (and fired HCs) more than Saban for most of this decade, bc Fooley is the GOAT.

#ValueShopping

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.