If we lose the rest of our games....

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Playing freshman because he didn’t want to use the portal. Much like most of the coaching staff. Lets mentor!

He has a strategy and plan, but it is unfolding slower than his speaking. Hopefully his brain is going lickity split behind that calm exterior.

Wait till next year! Oh, I mean 2025 or 2026

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The only possible argument for Napier making it to year #3 is Stricklin making it with him. He's Stricklin's mistake, the one he proudly admitted to after interviewing just one candidate -- why, of course, the mistake himself.

We've seen this movie. It will cost too much money. We just need a few more players. Do we really want to go back to square one? Again?

Sadly, we must. 702 yards allowed says so, two seasons of inexplicable coaching decisions says so, moving backwards instead of forward ever so methodically says so. But, mainly, it says so because we've now entered that territory reserved for a select few UF ex-coaches who uniquely sealed their own fate. We've become a national embarrassment.

Sasse, we're looking to you to do the right thing. Save us from further abyss. Wipe the slate clean. We don't care if you have to sell Century Tower. Get us a proven winner.
Well, Sasse certainly has a golden opportunity to put a huge stamp on his tenure here. It would send one hell of a message.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
um......have you watched this season?
She is just being straight retarded. Purposefully. I’m not sure she’s even watch the games. Anytime you throw facts at her she says that the facts are fake. She just asks for more facts. Like she doesn’t know how Google works. It doesn’t matter what you bring her.

She has her mind made up that her husband Billy is the greatest coach ever. You cannot convince Mrs. Napier otherwise.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
During his stint at Notre Dame, one season the ND defense was not playing up to the head coaches liking, so Lou Holtz went into his press conference and announced right there that as head coach he was taking over the defense going forward. They improved as the year went on ,but the point is that is what a real head coach does. Stands up, takes responsibility and tries to stop the insanity. But in this day, it is all about having someone else to blame so as to not bring all the attention to oneself. As horrendous of a game day Head Coach Sling Blade has proven to be, he could at least attempt to earn some brownie points with the fan base by taking a stand like this, unless of course he would fire HAM, which would really be the attention to detail move.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
During his stint at Notre Dame, one season the ND defense was not playing up to the head coaches liking, so Lou Holtz went into his press conference and announced right there that as head coach he was taking over the defense going forward. They improved as the year went on ,but the point is that is what a real head coach does. Stands up, takes responsibility and tries to stop the insanity. But in this day, it is all about having someone else to blame so as to not bring all the attention to oneself. As horrendous of a game day Head Coach Sling Blade has proven to be, he could at least attempt to earn some brownie points with the fan base by taking a stand like this, unless of course he would fire HAM, which would really be the attention to detail move.
How could Napier take over the defense when he’s the QB coach and the OC? Dude is in so far over his head he can’t see the light of day.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
How could Napier take over the defense when he’s the QB coach and the OC? Dude is in so far over his head he can’t see the light of day.
You are not wrong, but the point I am making is that he seeks to deflect where the true blame should be going. He is the HC. It starts and ends with him.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You are not wrong, but the point I am making is that he seeks to deflect where the true blame should be going. He is the HC. It starts and ends with him.
I know. I’m just pointing out how totally lost he is at this point.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The only possible argument for Napier making it to year #3 is Stricklin making it with him. He's Stricklin's mistake, the one he proudly admitted to after interviewing just one candidate -- why, of course, the mistake himself.

We've seen this movie. It will cost too much money. We just need a few more players. Do we really want to go back to square one? Again?

Sadly, we must. 702 yards allowed says so, two seasons of inexplicable coaching decisions says so, moving backwards instead of forward ever so methodically says so. But, mainly, it says so because we've now entered that territory reserved for a select few UF ex-coaches who uniquely sealed their own fate. We've become a national embarrassment.

Sasse, we're looking to you to do the right thing. Save us from further abyss. Wipe the slate clean. We don't care if you have to sell Century Tower. Get us a proven winner.
85rmos.jpg

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Anytime somebody mentions “patience” in regards to Billy, replace that word with “hope.” That’s all it is at this point. Blind hope.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
FWIW, I think the guys this staff let transfer out has been critical. Gives them the opportunity to "we're playing the most true FR in the country" every post game.
Coming out of halftime, the SEC Network sideline reporter asked Napier what happened on Daniels' 85-yard touchdown run. Napier responded (paraphrasing), "We are starting a freshman at safety."

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
Who really cares what other schools have done in 2 years....Here's what we have done in 2nd years with a new coach. Sunbelt Bill will join this list of UF Coaches to not improve in the W/L column year 2 since 1970.
-Doug Dickey (inherited a 9-1-1 team)
-Galen Hall (inherited a 9-1-1 team and went 9-1-1 with Pell's Recruits year 1)
-Jim McElain

Steve Spurrier took a 7-5 team to 10-2 year 2
Urban Meyer took a 7-5 team to 13-1 year2
Pell went 0-10-1 to 8-4 year 2
Billy will not get to 6 this year after 6-7 in year 1

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who really cares what other schools have done in 2 years....Here's what we have done in 2nd years with a new coach. Sunbelt Bill will join this list of UF Coaches to not improve in the W/L column year 2 since 1970.
-Doug Dickey (inherited a 9-1-1 team)
-Galen Hall (inherited a 9-1-1 team and went 9-1-1 with Pell's Recruits year 1)
-Jim McElain

Steve Spurrier took a 7-5 team to 10-2 year 2
Urban Meyer took a 7-5 team to 13-1 year2
Pell went 0-10-1 to 8-4 year 2
Billy will not get to 6 this year after 6-7 in year 1
He’s not getting to 6 wins next season either

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He’s not getting to 6 wins next season either
The only saving grace of putting next year on his record is that maybe, just maybe, it'll stop this fraud from ever getting another opportunity at the P5 level. Of course that doesn't really matter since we're paying him generational wealth regardless.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Zero chance we land in the Top 5. I’d say there’s a 40-60 chance we stay Top 10. All momentum is gone and we’re losing people. So if that’s the criteria, I can save you some time.
The transfer portal gonna be very busy...sinking ship & all...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only saving grace of putting next year on his record is that maybe, just maybe, it'll stop this fraud from ever getting another opportunity at the P5 level. Of course that doesn't really matter since we're paying him generational wealth regardless.
I’ll say this about him - the dude works hard. He’s relentless. So there’s no hard feelings.

He just sucks.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll say this about him - the dude works hard. He’s relentless. So there’s no hard feelings.

He just sucks.
Relentlessly awful. I don't give a sht how hard someone works, I care how smartly and efficiently they work and ultimately I care about the end product, the result.

Think about our other workhorses. Zook and muschamp. Both suck dck just like him. Spurrier was notorious for vacationing while others were burning the candle and yet...

I've had employees that would kill themselves working long hours, hard to knock them for trying, but they were doing so simply bc they couldn't hang with others who spent half the time and produced twice the results.

The amount of hours spent and level of intensity of those hours used as a barometer of some type of positive is an antiquated and completely wrong way of measurement bc it's measuring the business of the process itself instead of the ONLY thing that matters, the results.

The fact that he has some process that requires boatloads of work and commitment and produces dog sht isn't something to be proud of. It's something to be fired over. Make it so.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Please explain to me in detail how we haven't improved this year?
Well, we are 5 - 5 after 10 games and more than likely we will end the season with two more losses so Napier will be 5 - 7 in year 2... Definitely no improvement. Worse in fact... This staff is terrible.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Relentlessly awful. I don't give a sht how hard someone works, I care how smartly and efficiently they work and ultimately I care about the end product, the result.

Think about our other workhorses. Zook and muschamp. Both suck dck just like him. Spurrier was notorious for vacationing while others were burning the candle and yet...

I've had employees that would kill themselves working long hours, hard to knock them for trying, but they were doing so simply bc they couldn't hang with others who spent half the time and produced twice the results.

The amount of hours spent and level of intensity of those hours used as a barometer of some type of positive is an antiquated and completely wrong way of measurement bc it's measuring the process itself instead of the ONLY thing that matters, the results.

The fact that he has some process that requires boatloads of work and commitment and produces dog sht isn't something to be proud of. It's something to be fired over. Make it so.
I guess that’s my point. I don’t hate him because the guy puts the work in. He’s just not good enough. So he needs to be fired.

You could own a company where you have people out there that are busting their ass every day but they’re not performers. In the end if you’re not a performer, you’re let go.

If our program had any balls at all, they would go out and get Dan Lanning. Just like USC did with the Oklahoma guy.

But don’t do a 10 year deal. Do a 5 year deal. And pay the shyt out of him for five years.

Have Dan Lanning grab Sam Pittman as his OL coach. I think that overnight this team would be a contender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.