If we lose the rest of our games....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Who the hell is Josh Pate?

Maybe I should go back and ask the guy I bumped into at 7/11 to get his prediction, too. If it's not coming from someone inside the program, it's meaningless.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Maybe I should go back and ask the guy I bumped into at 7/11 to get his prediction, too. If it's not coming from someone inside the program, it's meaningless.
Agreed. He’s not getting fired and Urban’s not coming to save us. It’s all just wishful thinking. Here’s to a loooooong off-season!
Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Grumbler

Lifetime Member
Nov 24, 2017
We've had battered fan syndrome for years but we actually don't know how Sasse will handle this. The way this guy got out in front of the Israel situation EARLY, risking public backlash, he at least showed he's willing to make a bold move if he thinks it's right. We also know the media rights are about to rachet up next year.

We know Billy's going nowhere this offseason, and we know IF he were to actually hire an OC we'd have to overpay for one to come here to play for a head coach who's on thin ice OR be stuck with more Sunbelt Bullschittery.

But what if... allow me the dream... Sasse makes a call to Urban and says here's $30 million for a 3-year commitment. Remember how Meyer used to say give me 4 to 6 seconds of unrelenting effort? Give us three years. Maybe he can stay fresh, engaged and healthy. End of three years he wants longer? He'll either have earned it or burned out and the answer will be obvious.

And then KEEP Billy in some capacity... it's literally cheaper to pay Urban $10M a year than to cover Billy's buyout (and then of course pay the NEW coach's buyout, because we're not doing Sunbelt Bullschittery again so any decent coach will cost us millions before we start paying him). Find out if Napier has a future as a coach working under one of the best ever. If he succeeds, he can write his own ticket, either at UF or somewhere else. But on-the-job training is for Ball State and UCF, not Florida.

/dream sequence

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

He's like the Roger Ebert of football reviews! Duh!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
mannnn... it's REALLY hard to tell with this foosball schit!!! Err'body all worked up!!! :lol:
Honestly, the gallows humor portion of a coaches tenure is all we've really had to laugh about in 15 years. If you can't beat em, and your AD refuses to hire a coach so you can join em. Might as well laugh at ourselves :lol:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

This right here. Nape needs to feel some pressure and show us that he can game-plan a MUST win situation. His program's future depends on it. Otherwise, he might finally make the SEC Championship game after 5-6 seasons and then sh!t the bed when faced with the West Champ. Or even worse, a quick exit from our first playoff appearance in decades. Let's see if he has any Big Game energy in him at all. Personally, I don't think so.

It's a privilege just to play the game, right?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But what if... allow me the dream... Sasse makes a call to Urban and says here's $30 million for a 3-year commitment. Remember how Meyer used to say give me 4 to 6 seconds of unrelenting effort? Give us three years. Maybe he can stay fresh, engaged and healthy. End of three years he wants longer? He'll either have earned it or burned out and the answer will be obvious.

And then KEEP Billy in some capacity... it's literally cheaper to pay Urban $10M a year than to cover Billy's buyout (and then of course pay the NEW coach's buyout, because we're not doing Sunbelt Bullschittery again so any decent coach will cost us millions before we start paying him). Find out if Napier has a future as a coach working under one of the best ever. If he succeeds, he can write his own ticket, either at UF or somewhere else. But on-the-job training is for Ball State and UCF, not Florida.
:lmao:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So Napier becomes Urban's $7m recruiting coordinator as well as his shoe shine boy. That's certainly out of the box thinking.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Y'all lost to unranked Ole Miss? :dunno:

I've seen Georgia fans get plenty angry when Mark Richt was Richting all those years. Maybe you were watching Georgia State?
Hmmmm, is supposedly an Alabama fan, but is on a Florida fourmn and seems to keep up with Georgia pretty close.

I shouldn't have even entertained your post. But it's a slow day so, why not.

Go back to bed grandpa

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody let urg see this
Amazing how these nobodies come out of the woodwork and everyone believes them.

I see you still haven't accepted our fate. He'll be here next year. Maybe he won't make the whole season next year, but he'll be here. I guarantee your moms virginity on it......oh wait

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing how these nobodies come out of the woodwork and everyone believes them.

I see you still haven't accepted our fate. He'll be here next year. Maybe he won't make the whole season next year, but he'll be here. I guarantee your moms virginity on it......oh wait
I did see in one of delatores videos a few weeks ago, he said it would be up for discussion if we lose out. That's where I initially heard something of the sort. Now these national guys are saying it's possible

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I did see in one of delatores videos a few weeks ago, he said it would be up for discussion if we lose out. That's where I initially heard something of the sort. Now these national guys are saying it's possible
I just don't buy it. Not unless they come up with something personally damaging, outside of football, but I don't see that happening.

I do, however, think the writing is on the wall and Napiers days are numbered. I don't think he makes it through year 3.

Could there be a slam dunk hire that is just waiting for the trigger to be pulled? I wouldn't say it is impossible, but I highly doubt it. I do view Meyer as that slam dunk hire though....he's the only way they would, imo, but again, I don't really see it as a possibility.

If the AD also needs to be replaced, then that comes first...which also tends to lend to Napier getting next year....or at least starting next year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.