If we lose the rest of our games....

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Agreed. If we have Urban in the wings waiting to pounce at the opportunity, then yes, fire his ass and bring in the big guns. Would also accept any other super big-time brand name coach that expressed interest. I don't think Napier can do anything except stack the roster and inspire some hope for the future. Who knows though, maybe he'll get lucky with his OC pick.
He's not stacking the roster. We just had another flip to UGly. Folks if we don't get rid of this clown now, we're going to leave the next guy bigger hole to climb out of.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's not stacking the roster. We just had another flip to UGly. Folks if we don't get rid of this clown now, we're going to leave the next guy bigger hole to climb out of.
1700101065683.png

Holy ****! The circus has come to Gainesville. Everybody come see the ringmaster AKA Billy Bob Aka Sunbelt Billy

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
The thing is . Are there really any slam dunk hires that are even realistic for us anymore ? You don’t see the coach hopping like the old days. I don’t think if we canned Napier we could pull anyone anyway. No one gives two fuschs about the Florida job anymore.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
The thing is . Are there really any slam dunk hires that are even realistic for us anymore ? You don’t see the coach hopping like the old days. I don’t think if we canned Napier we could pull anyone anyway. No one gives two fuschs about the Florida job anymore.
People are interested. We have a great job. Brian kelly wanted to come here. Our idiot admin keeps hiring bargain bin losers. We could have also gotten hugh freeze and lane kiffin.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
So Napier becomes Urban's $7m recruiting coordinator as well as his shoe shine boy. That's certainly out of the box thinking.
1vvv7m.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
People are interested. We have a great job. Brian kelly wanted to come here. Our idiot admin keeps hiring bargain bin losers. We could have also gotten hugh freeze and lane kiffin.

Agree that this job is still probably Top 3-4 in the country. We absolutely would have interest, and have simply convinced ourselves otherwise because we keep seeing bad hires fail.

And I’d actually disagree with Napier being bargain bin. I think he was an up and coming name that had garnered attention and could’ve been the next big name here. If we’d had a competent AD who wasn’t peeing down his khakis in fear of having another spectacle of failure like 2017, we might’ve been able to sniff out some of these nonsensical ideas and plans and avoided a lot of this mess(probably with Mullen as well). A competent AD also would’ve bounced some ideas off, and get the opinions of a HOF coach who is literally right here. The problem is we don’t have that guy. So who knows what type of adjustments we could’ve seen to Napier’s vision(ST’s, OC, etc) had those meetings and negotiations featured someone on our end insisting that we’d only make that type of investment and give him this type of job, if he went more traditional in his approach. Zero chance he doesn’t capitulate, modify his ideas, and everything could look wildly different right now.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agree that this job is still probably Top 3-4 in the country. We absolutely would have interest, and have simply convinced ourselves otherwise because we keep seeing bad hires fail.

And I’d actually disagree with Napier being bargain bin. I think he was an up and coming name that had garnered attention and could’ve been the next big name here. If we’d had a competent AD who wasn’t peeing down his khakis in fear of having another spectacle of failure like 2017, we might’ve been able to sniff out some of these nonsensical ideas and plans and avoided a lot of this mess(probably with Mullen as well). A competent AD also would’ve bounced some ideas off, and get the opinions of a HOF coach who is literally right here. The problem is we don’t have that guy. So who knows what type of adjustments we could’ve seen to Napier’s vision(ST’s, OC, etc) had those meetings and negotiations featured someone on our end insisting that we’d only make that type of investment and give him this type of job, if he went more traditional in his approach. Zero chance he doesn’t capitulate, modify his ideas, and everything could look wildly different right now.

It’s actually genius to not have a special teams coach . Rarely are games decided by returns,punts or field goals. It’s a time for our boys to rest and feel proud of their efforts if that makes sense .I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a special teams unit sprint onto the field with another unit also. It’s simply par for the course in CFB these days, right?

You know that red area is really key to playing complimentary football. Something our gators pride themselves on. Counting to 11 sometimes is just too much to ask . And frankly is really irrelevant to the outcome if that makes sense.’ Billy is molding men from an intangibles standpoint . We should all be proud of it .

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s actually genius to not have a special teams coach . Rarely are games decided by returns,punts or field goals. It’s a time for our boys to rest and feel proud of their efforts if that makes sense .I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a special teams unit sprint onto the field with another unit also. It’s simply par for the course in CFB these days, right?

You know that red area is really key to playing complimentary football. Something our gators pride themselves on. Counting to 11 sometimes is just too much to ask . And frankly is really irrelevant to the outcome if that makes sense.’ Billy is molding men from an intangibles standpoint . We should all be proud of it.

:zambo: ….Right, no?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
100% this. But after these last couple of days, it's really not that shocking.

Dude just makes a living YEAR round talking about college football, yes even in the off-season.
Who listens to those idiots? They know nothing. I can get all the opinions I need here, and then some.

Don't annoy me like you've annoyed all the others, or I'll just jettison your ass. I've allowed your shenanigans, don't push your luck.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

You know that red area is really key to playing complimentary football. Something our gators pride themselves on. Counting to 11 sometimes is just too much to ask . And frankly is really irrelevant to the outcome if that makes sense.’ Billy is molding men from an intangibles standpoint . We should all be proud of it .
Damn bro, Obviously you've been carousing with so many prostitutes lately, you're homeless, but, the mind camp stuff has worked flawlessly.
Congrats.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

That kind of makes my point about it still going back to the AD. Coaches have out of box ideas, and visions of things that may have worked previously all the time. A competent athletic Director would have asked for a detailed breakdown of how he runs his staff and program. When unorthodox things like no, OC, no special teams, and two OL coaches are mentioned, someone who understands the importance of football, and has the balls to say no would have made clear that such ideas can be implemented on a trial basis but the university isn’t going down with the ship in doing so. I don’t care if you like someone or not, if he openly tells you(assuming you asked) that he plans to do things that are at best reckless, and at worst moronic, you don’t just concede. You politely stand your ground and move on. Again, there is no shot a guy doesn’t leave Louisiana to come to UF because we impose certainty basic standards. The problem is, for the second time in a row, Stricklin was negotiating from a position of weakness. Gas him, Chip Howard, Foley and pretty much anyone else that’s had a hand in any of the decisions of the past 15 years. Coaches will fall in line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.