I'm Done

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Coach used sentences with punctuation and things.
Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks?!
That was his dog.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
He's got two good songs and they're both melancholy and lonesome: Come Monday and A Pirate Looks at 40. The rest of them are unbearably formulaic and trite. The people who follow him from city to city are some of the most vapid, useless people in the world. They all have drinking problems that they pass off as "fun" "partying" or "having a good time."

Jimmy Buffet is a businessman. I've met him briefly a couple of times, he was a member of the same country club I was in a couple of decades ago. His stage persona is 180 degrees opposite of what he is in real life.
Agreed... I'd add He Went to Paris to those two.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At the end of the day, it is just a game that kids play and adults watch. Just let it be that and nothing more. It will be a lot less stressful when viewed from that perspective. I used to get really upset when Bama lost games. Really upset. After a few personal things happened I finally realized that it is just that, a game. Even though Bama wins far more now than they lose and I love seeing that, it is just a matter of time before another team replaces Bama as THE dominant team in college football and we return to the point where we desperately want a better coach, better players, better schedule, etc. Even then, it will be just a game that kids play that adults watch.

If you are giving up totally on all sports and even GSMB then I wish you all the best.
Shut up, Bammer.

who left the back door open again?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Your feelings are more tied to our 3 game losing streak
Yes, if Dan Dullen werent Dan Dullen, it would all have been different. His best teams always have three game inexplicable losing streaks, ask Dak.

Dan Dullen is Dan Dullen,

and Sharkhumper was Sharkhumper

and Mustank was Mustank.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Come Monday, it will be alright...

As an avid sports fan for over 7 decades that started when my Dad ran the Sports Service Franchise at old Al Lang Field in St. Petersburg where I watched the Yanks & the Cards play and learned about baseball and competing at a young age, playing high school football as an undersized 130 lb. sub to the last time the Gators won a Natty in any Sport, I've become tired of all the posturing over the ultimate reason, fact, outcome, whatever you wish to call it; it's all about the Benjamins, not the mere opportunity to compete and show your abilities and resolve. So, for that reason, I'm signing off for the last time. It was fun while it lasted, but I've lost the gleam in my eye when it comes to watching the majority of any sport. BTW congratulations to the MS Bulldogs last night.
Later Gators...:jog:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think age is a factor. I dont let my emotions over my much loved gator teams ovewhelm me like SOME PEOPLE DO. I appreciate all the successes we have and had and realize other schools invest as much or more $$$ and energy into the process like we do or did. How can you not look back on the past season with a generational talent like Pitts and the amazing year Trask had. Its good stuff. Didnt win the hardware but suns gonna come up tomorrow.
:pe:

No one loves losers like Corch.

And Deuce.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He had Steve Goodman writing and performing with him in the Coral Reefers for a while. And Steve is one of the best singer/songwriters to have graced us with his short presence on this earth. (e.g. songs like California Promises, This Hotel Room, Banana Republics, Door Number Three and Woman Goin' Crazy on Caroline Street to name a few of his).

So his band is actually known as the “Coral Reefers”. Yikes, it just got worse.

e9639747-69c4-4e88-aea1-c36a2f7de933_text.gif

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, I want to BE Jimmy Buffet.

Feelings are not facts.

and

OP, people probably felt that way when they added the DH, too.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Shut up, Bammer.

who left the back door open again?

Oh, sorry. That may have been me. I’ve been sitting on my front porch swing, feeding my alcoholism midday,
and checking out my latest unplanned tattoo(guess I blacked out again). Apparently I’m unemployed. In fact, as soon as the eviction moratorium ends, I’m likely staring at homelessness.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, sorry. That may have been me. I’ve been sitting on my front porch swing, feeding my alcoholism midday,
and checking out my latest unplanned tattoo(guess I blacked out again). Apparently I’m unemployed. In fact, as soon as the eviction moratorium ends, I’m likely staring at homelessness.
Everyone is unemployed in Margaritaville.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
It's cathartic for pissed off old white guys to watch reaction videos of black dudes like Jamal_AKA_Jamal or Ty Smith Modern Renaissance Man hearing the Righteous Brothers for the first time. There's some pretty good ones of "Unchained Melody" and "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling".

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Still better than Philly.

Alex.

I’m not actually from Philly, but definitely agree—if we’re talking specific areas in Ormond or PO along the water.

If we’re talking most of Nova, Mason, Derbyshire, and beachside between Bel Aire Plaza and Seabreeze, along Oleander....

tenor.gif

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Am I the only one that hates Jimmy Buffett?

It's like, ok, ok, you're always on a boat or at some beach bar somewhere drinking and having a great time. It's enough. We get it.
First it was Tombstone, then it was some other contrarian POV along those line that I forget, and now this. I'm not even falling for this schtick anymore.

Tell us how you feel about...oh, I don't know. Red meat? Beer? Whiskey? Fishing? Goodfellas? Chicken wings? Strippers? 75-inch screens? Venison jerky? Funions? Dogs named Blue? Are any of those things not overrated??

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
First it was Tombstone, then it was some other contrarian POV along those line that I forget, and now this. I'm not even falling for this schtick anymore.

Tell us how you feel about...oh, I don't know. Red meat? Beer? Whiskey? Fishing? Goodfellas? Chicken wings? Strippers? 75-inch screens? Dogs named Blue? Are any of those things not overrated??

Check the Dinner thread. Check the Beer thread. Check the Bourbon thread. Don’t do it often anymore but grew up doing it. A “can’t not watch” favorite. On occasion. Don’t do it anymore but grew up doing it. Sure. Fine but mine isn’t.

upload_2021-7-1_21-26-11.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator