Interim Head Coach

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n80782 said:
A poster last night spelled it Kirwin, and got a couple of pretty good responses.

I didn't see that.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n80747 said:
Cover, we don't know anything for certain. However, after THREE OC's and the same offense, I think it's a safe conclusion to draw.

I don't think this one is the same as last year (we've actually attempted and completed a few passes over the top!), but the statistical production certainly hasn't changed. W's from here on out remain to be seen, but no one is really confident after last Saturday (if they ever were). My opinion is that the failure is looking more like developmental and recruiting issues that translate to an inability to properly and consistently execute the offense, all his responsibility. And this will ultimately be his undoing. A lot of fans don't like him because of our lack of success, which I understand, and I think it becomes convenient to say he is hamstringing the offense to further that opinion. No, we're just bad on offense because he hasn't gotten the playmakers in or hasn't been able to develop those players we are trying to count on to make those plays. To me there's a difference.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;80468 said:
There's been a lot of talk about firing Muschamp and appointing Roper the interim head ball coach. Here's the thing, I don't get why everybody keeps saying we should name Roper interim HC. What has he accomplished here that says he'd do any better than Muschamp? Everybody assumes he'd be good. That assumption is primarily because of his success as a coordinator under another successful HC. Hmmmm....that sounds vaguely familiar...... Perhaps it should be someone who has been at UF for awhile. Maybe our current DC, D.J Durkin (not that's he's doing that great with the defense) or Stan White (who was a successful OC at Wisconsin). Here's my point, I know we all rode the Roper Hype machine into the season, but that's just it. It's been all hype thus far. And we assume the offense still sucking is all Muschamp's fault. But we don't know. I just don't get him being the obvious choice as interim HC when he's been here the shortest amount of time and has yet to prove anything at UF. What do you think? In the event that Muschamp is fired midseason who on our staff would be the best choice for interim HBC?
Who the hell is Stan White?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be for Roper if we can WM. See what he can do but also actively searching what is out there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TN G8tr;n80825 said:
I'd be for Roper if we can WM. See what he can do but also actively searching what is out there.

The only issue I have with that scenario, is that I've heard about people doing it post-uga. If you look at the schedule beyond that, I think we run the risk of having a Bill Stewart/WV scenario. If it's even hinted that he may be a candidate, and he beats Vu, Usce, EKU, and pulls out a miracle against the noles(possibly without Winston), it would be hard to say "sorry, we're going in a different direction". I'd be ok with Roper getting the interim spot, but we's need to play that hand very carefully.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n80834 said:
The only issue I have with that scenario, is that I've heard about people doing it post-uga. If you look at the schedule beyond that, I think we run the risk of having a Bill Stewart/WV scenario. If it's even hinted that he may be a candidate, and he beats Vu, Usce, EKU, and pulls out a miracle against the noles(possibly without Winston), it would be hard to say "sorry, we're going in a different direction". I'd be ok with Roper getting the interim spot, but we's need to play that hand very carefully.
That's why I'd say promote a position coach that ways there's very little controversy at the end of the year. Also roper would be able to focus on the offense

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n80842 said:
That's why I'd say promote a position coach that ways there's very little controversy at the end of the year. Also roper would be able to focus on the offense

Problem is, I don't like any of our position coaches.:sadnanner:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n80760 said:
Ok, but why did you remove Jones and not just add Taylor to the list? Why do you think other teams wouldn't want Jones?

Because Fever says that he is only good when he has a huge hole..........

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n80848 said:
Originally posted by WobbleGator View Post

Ok, but why did you remove Jones and not just add Taylor to the list? Why do you think other teams wouldn't want Jones?

:lmao:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gee Foley said Champ gets the year and unless Champ quits (not happening), or Bull Gators insist he is getting it. Now the new president said something, but if the Bull Gators insist Foley will fire Champ. That simple and that complicated. Post all you want and unless you are a Bull Gator (and a top 10% one) nothing else matters.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n80848 said:

Touche.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TheDouglas78;n80772 said:
He should be getting more carries, but he has to do more with the opportunities given to him as well. Against conference opponents he is average 3.2 yards per carries compared to Jones 4.7. Some of that is opportunity, and part of that is just not taking advantage of the opportunities presented.

I touched on this a couple of days ago......Great backs are like great shooters in basketball. The only difference is BB players get warm up shots. Jones isn't tearing off any 20 yard runs at the beginning of games either. Jones is a decent back don't get me wrong but I'd like to see what KT's average is getting 12,15 or 20 carries a game.
Think of it this way, remember the USCe game last year ? Well everyone in that stadium knew KT was getting the ball because he was taking direct snaps. He got about 100 yards and 2 TD's despite going against a better defense than we will face all year this year. KT would be averaging over 100 yards a game if given the right amount of carries, trust me the kid would be a super star playing somewhere else.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n80763 said:
I would have to agree with you on that. After he showed so much promise as a FRESHMAN, I cannot believe he's not getting any carries this year. It really is a waist of an extraordinary talent.

Did you really agree with me on something.......Ox, someone has hacked Alagator's account. JK, by the way I'm glad we didn't "waist" a redshirt on him...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n80847 said:
Problem is, I don't like any of our position coaches.:sadnanner:
It's only a couple of games

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n80866 said:
I touched on this a couple of days ago......Great backs are like great shooters in basketball. The only difference is BB players get warm up shots. Jones isn't tearing off any 20 yard runs at the beginning of games either. Jones is a decent back don't get me wrong but I'd like to see what KT's average is getting 12,15 or 20 carries a game.
Think of it this way, remember the USCe game last year ? Well everyone in that stadium knew KT was getting the ball because he was taking direct snaps. He got about 100 yards and 2 TD's despite going against a better defense than we will face all year this year. KT would be averaging over 100 yards a game if given the right amount of carries, trust me the kid would be a super star playing somewhere else.

And as I pointed out in the game this year that they both got 15+ carries, Taylor still underperformed Jones (4.3 to 5.4). We aren't in the same offense we were at the end of last year. This offense you have to be able to line up, block, run, aand run routes. Taylor has show problems with everyone of those this year. He isn't running with the same authority. He has lined up incorrectly a number of times, twice Saturday night Driskel grabbed him by the shoulder pads to move him into position. The blocking has been hit or miss, but I don't blame him for the one Roper got on his case about. Route Running, cost us big on a screen pass in Alabama (crossing the line of scrimmage), and other than swing routes has been inconsistent in this department.

You have to prove you belong on the field.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n80866 said:

For the record, Jones, who we all know wasn't 100% against LSU and only had 4 carries himself, ran for 9 yards on his very first carry. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.