Interim Head Coach

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n80527 said:
Into this 4th season and on the third OC, I'd say it's more than a popular myth.

At this point, I'd say sticking with Driskel as long as he has is his biggest negative influence on the offense outside of overall philosophy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n80599 said:
At least spell his name correctly.

That is how you spell Kerwin Bell, how do you spell it?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ufgator812;n80544 said:
Yes. I've never thought otherwise and have said as much. They are all tainted.

T-Rob is a solid recruiter, and Durkin is as well. But their coaching his year and last has been disappointing.

The OL coach was an upgrade. And I'm sure Leak could find some area to help(not WRs).

But yeah, there are no slam-dunk "keepers".

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n80597 said:
The problem is that our recruiting and/or development failures fall squarely on the shoulders of the current HC.

To answer your question, right now teams would want VH3 and Fowler.

If you'd asked that question a few games into last year, the answer would be VH3, Fowler, and Easley.

If you'd asked that question in 2012, it would've been Fowler, Elam, Powell, Easley, Floyd, Mike G, and possibly Jenkins/McCray/Reed.

The trend is going the wrong way. We are loaded with plan-B guys, and top-rated guys that for whatever reason we can't get best out of. That's on this staff. As I said yesterday, I understand Meyer left some bad seeds. But he also left some great players, that we've failed trying to replace.

No disagreement about the trend, the plan-B guys, and under-performance from the top-rated.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
soflagator;n80603 said:
T-Rob is a solid recruiter, and Durkin is as well. But their coaching his year and last has been disappointing.

The OL coach was an upgrade. And I'm sure Leak could find some area to help(not WRs).

But yeah, there are no slam-dunk "keepers".
I think Durkin did pretty well with the LBs, but I would doubt he would want to take a pay cut and demotion. I think if Riggs stays this year T-Rob looks a lot better.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
cover2;n80503 said:
Not that I'm really high on the coaching at this point, but watching what I've watched for one plus seasons, I have to think we have a lack of playmakers and/or too many under-performers. For all his faults, I think Muschamp's influence on the offense (beyond overall philosophy) is more of a popular myth than anything else. Now I do hold him and the staff accountable for the underperformance, whether from teaching or recruiting.

Splitting hairs here. He is ultimately responsible for that awful product. 3rd OC and it still stinks. Not a myth.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n80669 said:
Splitting hairs here. He is ultimately responsible for that awful product. 3rd OC and it still stinks. Not a myth.

Rexy, you and I and the Duke of Marlborough will just have to agree to disagree. Splitting hairs or not, the myth I'm referring to his him calling the plays. You'll get no objection from me about the awful product and yes, as the seated HC (for how much longer is anyone's guess), he is ultimately responsible. I'm just inclined to think that recruiting and development may be his biggest downfall (which is ironic becasue on paper the recruiting has not looked nearly as bad as the on-field performance).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
cover2;n80703 said:
Splitting hairs or not, the myth I'm referring to his him calling the plays.
No one has ever claimed he actually calls the plays. He simply sets tight parameters and won't let his OC's call the kind of game they normally would. Effectively, he IS the OC at Florida and has been since Day 1.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n80708 said:
No one has ever claimed he actually calls the plays. He simply sets tight parameters and won't let his OC's call the kind of game they normally would. Effectively, he IS the OC at Florida and has been since Day 1.

Exactly I don't understand how this is h
Exactly!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
cover2;n80589 said:
You guys are right. Forgot him. Anybody else come quickly to mind other than the punter?

Kelvin Taylor, Chaz Green, Fowler, Brian Cox, Tabor, Dawson and Goosby, because anyone with any sense knows that he would have to be our best TE despite never seeing the field under our current dolts.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n80708 said:
He simply sets tight parameters and won't let his OC's call the kind of game they normally would.
Other than his philosophy being that of wanting to control the clock as much as possible with a run-heavy offense, do we know this for certain? Don't get me wrong, I'm far from impressed by what we put on the field offensively this year and last, but this year I'm thinking we may just be more inept execution-wise in a better scheme than we had last year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
cover2;n80744 said:
Other than his philosophy being that of wanting to control the clock as much as possible with a run-heavy offense, do we know this for certain? Don't get me wrong, I'm far from impressed by what we put on the field offensively this year and last, but this year I'm thinking we may just be more inept execution-wise in a better scheme than we had last year.
Cover, we don't know anything for certain. However, after THREE OC's and the same offense, I think it's a safe conclusion to draw.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n80745 said:
So you think they would take Taylor but not Jones? Why?

Because our coaches are the only ones stupid enough not to realize that KT is a feature type back that needs at least 18-20 carries a game. Poor kid, he must feel like a throughbred hooked to a plow with our primitive offensive mindset....

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n80753 said:
Because our coaches are the only ones stupid enough not to realize that KT is a feature type back that needs at least 18-20 carries a game. Poor kid, he must feel like a throughbred hooked to a plow with our primitive offensive mindset....

Ok, but why did you remove Jones and not just add Taylor to the list? Why do you think other teams wouldn't want Jones?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would have to agree with you on that. After he showed so much promise as a FRESHMAN, I cannot believe he's not getting any carries this year. It really is a waist of an extraordinary talent.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n80763 said:
I would have to agree with you on that. After he showed so much promise as a FRESHMAN, I cannot believe he's not getting any carries this year. It really is a waist of an extraordinary talent.

He should be getting more carries, but he has to do more with the opportunities given to him as well. Against conference opponents he is average 3.2 yards per carries compared to Jones 4.7. Some of that is opportunity, and part of that is just not taking advantage of the opportunities presented.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n80601 said:
That is how you spell Kerwin Bell, how do you spell it?

A poster last night spelled it Kirwin, and got a couple of pretty good responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator