Interim Head Coach

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
cover2;n80532 said:
You're right GBait, but I pride myself in being in the top 10-25%! Seriously, if colleges could trade like MLB, outside of Hargreaves, who would a top 25 team really want from our current roster to help with the latter part of the season?

Dante Fowler?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n80527 said:
Into this 4th season and on the third OC, I'd say it's more than a popular myth.

what appears to be three bad hires, which is Muschamps fault. But of this current staff, who do you believe other than Summers who has upgraded the Oline, and Lawings work on the Defensive line. Who would be hired by another team at their current position (outside of Cutcliffe hiring Roper back to just run Cutcliffe's offense again).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the interim headcoach should be a position coach. Let the coordinators coordinate. We can't afford to lose a head coach and a coordinator.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n80538 said:
what appears to be three bad hires, which is Muschamps fault. But of this current staff, who do you believe other than Summers who has upgraded the Oline, and Lawings work on the Defensive line. Who would be hired by another team at their current position (outside of Cutcliffe hiring Roper back to just run Cutcliffe's offense again).

Coaches get recycled like bottles and cans.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n80542 said:
Coaches get recycled like bottles and cans.

and so should pretty much this entire staff. When/If Muschamp goes, so should the rest of the underperforming staff.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n80543 said:
and so should pretty much this entire staff. When/If Muschamp goes, so should the rest of the underperforming staff.

Yes. I've never thought otherwise and have said as much. They are all tainted.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n80516 said:
I don't know what the deal is there but I guess he wants to go down with Driskel at the helm of the offense.

Maybe JD has pics of said, "going down". :dunno:

Is that too much? Too far? :peabody:

We've been searching for a reason, any reason why he'd stick with JD. I've been joking for months that WM had blackmail photos of JF and Driskel had'em of Muschamp. I even suggested that JD had picks of Muschamp and JF together on a nude beach somewhere
:hehehe:.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I would not mind if Brian White got a go at the interim HC, although I am sure it would be Roper.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n80488 said:
Nothing personal to Durkin, but I hope this is his last year at UF.

The reason to make Roper the interim is to give him a free trial to see how he would do as a head coach. If he tore it up, he'd be a candidate for the permanent position. It's happened many times before with interim coaches.

Galen Hall for one.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
TheDouglas78;n80543 said:
I would not mind seeing T-Rob and Summers stay.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n80585 said:
I would not mind seeing T-Rob and Summers stay.

Summers and Lawing are the only two I wouldn't mind staying, but I doubt it will happen. In a case like this to get back fan confidence and recruiting, it's a clean house situation.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
cover2;n80589 said:
You guys are right. Forgot him. Anybody else come quickly to mind other than the punter?

No way we could afford to trade our punter. He's our MVP.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n80587 said:
Summers and Lawing are the only two I wouldn't mind staying, but I doubt it will happen. In a case like this to get back fan confidence and recruiting, it's a clean house situation.

Summers has done quite a nice job and the recruits seem to love him.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
TheDouglas78;n80587 said:
I was going to say Lawing, but I don't feel he has really accomplished that much for us.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
cover2;n80532 said:
You're right GBait, but I pride myself in being in the top 10-25%! Seriously, if colleges could trade like MLB, outside of Hargreaves, who would a top 25 team really want from our current roster to help with the latter part of the season?

The problem is that our recruiting and/or development failures fall squarely on the shoulders of the current HC.

To answer your question, right now teams would want VH3 and Fowler.

If you'd asked that question a few games into last year, the answer would be VH3, Fowler, and Easley.

If you'd asked that question in 2012, it would've been Fowler, Elam, Powell, Easley, Floyd, Mike G, and possibly Jenkins/McCray/Reed.

The trend is going the wrong way. We are loaded with plan-B guys, and top-rated guys that for whatever reason we can't get best out of. That's on this staff. As I said yesterday, I understand Meyer left some bad seeds. But he also left some great players, that we've failed trying to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.