It's time to move on

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What type of football team do we want to have here? We're going to start with the things that we totally control. Our trademark will be our physicality. We'll be in great condition. We'll be known for how hard we play. We'll be disciplined. And we will eliminate careless play -- turnovers, penalties, mental errors. We're going to be sound and we're going to attack in all three phases.
I mean after two seasons that is how I would describe our football team. Tater tot really has us grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Coach Napier's Introductory Press Conference - Florida Gators

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we all respect and like Billy.
This statement is incorrect - at least for me. I don't like and respect Napier. I thought he was an absolutely terrible hire from day 1. I had season tickets for over 20 years and canceled them this year as I cannot watch his poorly coached teams.

Wow, three losing seasons in a row, with 2 under Napier... unacceptable...

Those comments stated, I DO NOT want to pay this loser $32,000.000 in buyout $$$$. We need to find a way to fire him with cause.

Last edited:

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
He seems satisfied when his players are hurting.
He is certainly satisfied with his bank balance. He got paid $1.4 million for each win this year, including Charlotte and Nichols St.

If he gets fired tomorrow, he will get a buyout bonus of $2.9 million more per win over the last two years.

That's a hell of a process, right?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sling blade shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Butters and Mullen. Those losers take shyts with more coaching ability then this smooth brain retard motherfucher.
Jeremy Strong Yes GIF by SuccessionHBO

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Serious question as it relates to the flea flicker and Billy’s other trick plays over the past 2 seasons…

How often do you see Smart or Saban make calls like that?

I’d bet Billy has called more trick plays in 2 years here than those coaches have called in their entire time at UGA & Bama respectively.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This statement is incorrect - at least for me. I don't like and respect Napier. I thought he was an absolutely terrible hire from day 1. I had season tickets for over 20 years and canceled them this year as I cannot watch his poorly coached teams.

Wow, three losing seasons in a row, with 2 under Napier... unacceptable...

Those comments stated, I DO NOT want to pay this loser $32,000.000 in buyout $$$$. We need to find a way to fire him with cause.
I would say three losing seasons in a row is cause and next year’s schedule makes that a good possibility. Being incompetent and sucking at your job should not make you a lottery winner. The only time these boobs should get the buyout money is if the school fires them or hires another coach when the team is showing signs of improvement. This team has shown no signs of improvement and neither has the coaching staff, every fuc*ing week it’s the same BS, bad special teams, bad tackling, bad play calling, etc.

Last edited:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You all are funny if you think we are throwing a new guy to the wolves next year! Buckle up for a 3-win season
Thank God Win GIF by Major League Soccer

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The $32 million buyout and Stricklin being the athletic director are the 2 biggest impediments that are keeping Napier from getting fired today. Unfortunately, Florida doesn't have a gaggle of high money boosters waiting in the wings that are itching to pay Napier gobs of money to hit the road. So, I highly doubt Napier is going to be (deservedly) fired today. But that doesn't mean that Stricklin shouldn't be shown the door the day after the early signing period is over. Until Stricklin is canned, I won't have any confidence that the university cares about anything than its rankings in academics.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Napier is at best a recruiting coordinator or a cooler in Vegas. The dude once again sucked the life out of the stadium yesterday with his horrendous decisions.

Unless the recruiting class completely falls apart we're probably stuck with this moron for at least another year.

Next year's schedule pretty much guarantees a losing record with or without Dip$h*t so I don't see him gone until 2025.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just think it sucks that it's going to be a long, joyless offseason with nothing to get excited about heading into next season. No optimism, more apathy. It's a death blow for boards like this, which can only take so much.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
If Stricklin is let go soon, there will be some hope. If not, they're all getting another year or two. But I knew after the Kentucky game last year that Sling Blade was in way over his head.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
I’ve been a “Napier gets 3 years” from the start. I have to throw in towel tonight, regardless what it does for recruiting.

I’m sick of watching embarrassing, undisciplined, thuggish football. And I know, I don’t have to watch but I am insane thinking one day things would turn around.

Only good thing that came out of tonight is the football season ending. At least give Gator nation something to look forward too with an AD and coaching search.
It is absolutely essential that Strickland and Foley go first

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I just think it sucks that it's going to be a long, joyless offseason with nothing to get excited about heading into next season. No optimism, more apathy. It's a death blow for boards like this, which can only take so much.
So True.. Nothing to get excited for. Sad the writing is already on the wall for next year.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
I posted it in the chat, but we need to fire Stricklin ASAP. He shouldn't be AD on Monday. The new AD should then get to decide Billy's fate and find his replacement when it is time to part ways. If we let Stricklin hire another HC, we're going to get another clown.

I don't think Billy is the answer, but I don't think now is the time to fire him. We need the talent he's bringing in for the next guy. So if I was the new AD, he stays for next season unless one of the following happens:

1. He refuses to bring in a new OC and hand off play calling duties. The OC needs to be a splash hire and someone the new AD likes as well.
2. He loses the recruiting class. This is defined as losing either Lagway or 5+ other players with 4* or more.
3. He needs to get enough guys out of the portal to effect a complete turnaround next year. No more mulligans, no more weak units.

Next year, he needs to stay above .500 at all times and end the season 8-4 or better. If either of those doesn't happen, he's fired. I think the odds are low, so now is the time to have some back room conversations with boosters and get funding lined up for his buyout and the new hire. Pull some money from the "make the swamp smaller and worse fund", too.

If he manages to survive next year, the benchmark the year after is 10 wins and a playoff berth. It stays there after that; that's the standard we hired him for. There's no reason we should ever settle for less than that consistently with the resources and location we have.

I have no illusions any of the above will happen. The likely outcome is he's fired after Georgia next year with a losing record and Stricklin, still AD, picks another crappy unproven coach and pays like we're poaching from a blue chip.
This X 1000

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Serious question as it relates to the flea flicker and Billy’s other trick plays over the past 2 seasons…

How often do you see Smart or Saban make calls like that?

I’d bet Billy has called more trick plays in 2 years here than those coaches have called in their entire time at UGA & Bama respectively.
I can think of at least 2 trick plays that Smart and Saban called against us. Smart called the Kimber and Saban called George.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Oh I think b-ball and politics is going to drive more action than you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator