It's time to move on

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
And you don't actually doing any thinking for yourself? Just follow the crowd?

I forgot about this one:

There is the braniac we hired doing work.

I have seen some really idiotic play calls over the last 2 years and some really idiotic players do some really idiotic **** on the field, but this is actually more idiotic than Miami not taking a knee this year and losing the game.

2 minutes???? What a dumbass.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I have seen some really idiotic play calls over the last 2 years and some really idiotic players do some really idiotic **** on the field, but this is actually more idiotic than Miami not taking a knee this year and losing the game.

Ya it was posted and talked about here and was really the only glaring obvious red flag that I remember from when we hired him. I don't know what his excuse was for it, but the best excuse would be that he didn't notice or understand the score... which would be pretty insane. But what would be even crazier would be knowing the score and understanding this was going to cut it to 3 and doing it anyway. Indefensible coaching decision.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I was watching this game when he made this decision.
I have thought about for a few years now and I still cannot come up with any explanation of any kind.
It’s simply one of the most bizarre and stupid coaching decisions I’ve ever seen.
Remember the time Lumpy made Jeff Driskell take a knee 3 times and then punted with a few minutes left in a game where we had a two score lead?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
So are we going to go on for several more silly pages discussing plays that were run at Louisiana? I think we have plenty of Gator footage to talk about at this point.

It's funny what we do when we've fully turned on a coach. Next someone will post something from when Billy was 13 years old and pick it apart.
Hey great idea. I wonder if there is anything on film.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remember the time Lumpy made Jeff Driskell take a knee 3 times and then punted with a few minutes left in a game where we had a two score lead?

Definitely a dumb decision but not in the same class as the Napier decision.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Donkey in the Swamp, my IQ is at least 75, although it is falling. Read what I said again. Or don't. If I fail to get a loony out of you I'm not doing my job..
YOU dont get to pick. You get a stoned today.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So are we going to go on for several more silly pages discussing plays that were run at Louisiana? I think we have plenty of Gator footage to talk about at this point.

It's funny what we do when we've fully turned on a coach. Next someone will post something from when Billy was 13 years old and pick it apart.
Kirby Smart is a fuchsng idiot, who lost a NC after winning three quarters on 4th and 30 and a fake punt on his own 30 with his freshman QB as an upback (a clear tell that it was a fake punt).

Obviously idiots can be successful with some lucky hires

Even fuchsing Bobo went to midnight OC School and somehow learned about the forward pass and some of Briles aggressive attacking of the safeties on mid/deep passes. I couldnt believe it.

I think Callaway isnt the worst choice possible for OC. He is no doubt better than Billy. Someone is coming up with their scripted first and second drives which are usually pretty good.

Aug 5, 2014
Ya it was posted and talked about here and was really the only glaring obvious red flag that I remember from when we hired him. I don't know what his excuse was for it, but the best excuse would be that he didn't notice or understand the score... which would be pretty insane. But what would be even crazier would be knowing the score and understanding this was going to cut it to 3 and doing it anyway. Indefensible coaching decision.
Only glaring obvious red flag? Other than him supposedly being the only candidate and his lack of really accomplishing nothing much in the Sun Belt.......

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Scripted plays are good because he has a week to think. In game speed vs tater thinking speed……
And yet, with an average defense…. Seems like we have been here before

Aug 5, 2014
Kirby Smart is a fuchsng idiot, who lost a NC after winning three quarters on 4th and 30 and a fake punt on his own 30 with his freshman QB as an upback (a clear tell that it was a fake punt).

Even fuchsing Bobo went to midnight OC School and somehow learned about the forward pass and some of Briles aggressive attacking of the safeties on mid/deep passes. I couldnt believe it.

I think Callaway isnt the worst choice possible for OC. He is no doubt better than Billy. Someone is coming up with their scripted first and second drives which are usually pretty good.
We also thought the defense could not continue to get worse over multiple years and DCs (Grantham - Toney - Hambino)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

An idiot who knew to put a lot of smart coaches around him.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Dude is a moron but he is smart enough to out talent his dumbs. He got luck AF to get his illegal NIL train rolling before NIL got legal. All they have to do is keep the donor train rolling to keep the recruits lining up and play that conservative all world talent game that theyve been playing. He also got lucky AF to come in to the east at a time when all the programs were dumpster fires. Foley can eabod, burp and then eaabod.

UF aint going to fire biLLLLLLLie. He has pretty much lost me, Im just hoping he keeps the class intact and what talent we have home so in a year or so when it becomes clear to Stricklin the next guy can have more to work with than what muLLLLLLLen left biLLLLLLLie. The only future we can possibly have with biLLLLLLLie is one that looks like kirby dumb, boring azz conservative out talent the other team/coaches football because thats pretty much his game plan...problem is we are only out talenting about 5 teams on our schedule.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Supposedly the reason for it was it was a wet game. At least 3 times in the game the long snapper snapped the ball over the punters head.

A pooch punt by a QB or ball carrier probably would have been a better option here. But they did still win the game.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
An idiot who knew to put a lot of smart coaches around him.
In an effort to lighten the mood, and because we are entering Christmas time, I think it is appropriate to start posting "Detroit's Horrendous 'Festivus' Ornaments He Was Forced to Make in Elementary School".... this one is from 3rd Grade, when Mom gave me the "Half-Kirby, Quasi- @stephenPE " haircut... it's kinda hard to see, but towards the right side of my "Quasi-Coach bangs," there is actually a clump of hair sticking down that she missed and made it into my 3rd Grade school pics... more Festivus fun to follow...
IMG_0626.jpg

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In an effort to lighten the mood, and because we are entering Christmas time, I think it is appropriate to start posting "Detroit's Horrendous 'Festivus' Ornaments He Was Forced to Make in Elementary School".... this one is from 3rd Grade, when Mom gave me the "Half-Kirby, Quasi- @stephenPE " haircut... it's kinda hard to see, but towards the right side of my "Quasi-Coach bangs," there is actually a clump of hair sticking down that she missed and made it into my 3rd Grade school pics... more Festivus fun to follow...
View attachment 64590
Man that’s awesome! Who knew that Kurt Russell / Jamie McPheeters was a member of the Chatter troupe. Seriously, my wife has got similar “ornaments” our kids made in K-6 and they come out every Christmas. Both kids refer to the “The Tannenbaum of Shame!” Just glad they didn’t do like me and my sister and draw glasses and mustaches on the ones we didn’t chop up with the scissors.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Man that’s awesome! Who knew that Kurt Russell / Jamie McPheeters was a member of the Chatter troupe. Seriously, my wife has got similar “ornaments” our kids made in K-6 and they come out every Christmas. Both kids refer to the “The Tannenbaum of Shame!” Just glad they didn’t do like me and my sister and draw glasses and mustaches on the ones we didn’t chop up with the scissors.
Well, it would appear that in the time that I posted and you replied, we have new "BREAKING COACHING NEWS!!!!" that requires MORE humor from "Detroit's Traumas from Christmas's Past"... This is from 2nd Grade, so approximately 50 years ago. I had REALLY high hopes for this one. We dipped the string in thinned Elmer's glue, then covered it with sparkly schit, then you wrapped it around an almost perfectly round balloon while the glue "set" overnight. Imagine my glee and excitement going to school the next morning only to have my Christmas joy dashed on the rocks of cold, hard, reality... apparently, the balloon deflated overnight and resulted in this Christmas abomination that lives on to remind me of the horrors of my childhood.

@PastyStoole it was THIS incident that turned me into the "Art Class Clay Projects Kiln Bomber"...

IMG_0627.jpg

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it would appear that in the time that I posted and you replied, we have new "BREAKING COACHING NEWS!!!!" that requires MORE humor from "Detroit's Traumas from Christmas's Past"... This is from 2nd Grade, so approximately 50 years ago. I had REALLY high hopes for this one. We dipped the string in thinned Elmer's glue, then covered it with sparkly schit, then you wrapped it around an almost perfectly round balloon while the glue "set" overnight. Imagine my glee and excitement going to school the next morning only to have my Christmas joy dashed on the rocks of cold, hard, reality... apparently, the balloon deflated overnight and resulted in this Christmas abomination that lives on to remind me of the horrors of my childhood.

@PastyStoole it was THIS incident that turned me into the "Art Class Clay Projects Kiln Bomber"...

View attachment 64595
:lol: There’s some kinda symbolism with the “Island of Misfit Toys” ornament neatly juxtaposed next to “Chicago!” But who among us didn’t have some Arts and Crafts bomb or an inappropriate gift from the class drawing of names? Hell, I got a shirt one year that I know belonged to the classmate’s dad who got my name. It looked like an old 1950’s bowling shirt, stylish today but causing me to get f’d with royally back in 1975! But it’s events like this that forged my nuts of steel. Anyway, that’s my positive spin!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!

die the princess bride GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.