It's time to officially fire up the head coaching search. Who you got?

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
We need better baseball facilities. What we are doing now is not enough. Retractable roof and waterfalls would be a start. Football facilities is fine . Jeremy is right . Florida doesn’t need arm race in football. We need to get baseball where it needs to be

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
We need better baseball facilities. What we are doing now is not enough. Retractable roof and waterfalls would be a start. Football facilities is fine . Jeremy is right . Florida doesn’t need arm race in football. We need to get baseball where it needs to be
You do realize spaces aren’t required between the last word and the period, correct? This board really did make you dumb - as evidenced by your hilarious statement that non-revenue baseball should be a priority over the program responsible for funding it.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Yesterday I was listening to the pre game radio show and they done an interview with Mullen. He didn't really sound confident, kept referencing injuries and how we had a lot of them and aren't 100% still. Which is true I know, but it already felt like a built in excuse he was going to throw out there. I think Kirby is in his head now. I remember my dad would tell me how Dooley was always in Pell's head and he would always freeze up when playing the Dawgs. Looks like that's what Mullen is gonna do. He just lacks that killer instinct of a Meyer and Spurrier. It seems like very few coaches actually possess that mentality.
It’s funny you say that about Mullen. When they showed his pregame interview on SEC Nation, he seemed off....almost dead man walking. I don’t know wtf the deal was, but he didn’t seem his usual self. I had an uneasy feeling after watching that interview that we’d show up flat and low energy.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Change this thread title.

At least add in, "***In the never ending march to 1,000,000 posts I think that it's time to...***"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think I give you guys way too much credit. There are some really dumb posters on this board. Anyone who really thinks that I thought the coach would be fired is a dope. This thread was started so we could talk about the state of the program.

For those who have bothered to read it instead of reacting like a hysterical woman, they may have learned a few things.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think I give you guys way too much credit. There are some really dumb posters on this board. Anyone who really thinks that I thought the coach would be fired is a dope. This thread was started so we could talk about the state of the program.

For those who have bothered to read it instead of reacting like a hysterical woman, they may have learned a few things.

As someone who watches the big picture and prefers engaging in the total aspect as opposed to just looking at a final score, I could have told you what to expect. So at the very least you now know for future reference.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
As someone who watches the big picture and prefers engaging in the total aspect as opposed to just looking at a final score, I could have told you what to expect. So at the very least you now know for future reference.

So please stop posting your moronic Uncle Eddy references since we know your outlook for the program. It'd used up and tired.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If memory serves, you purport to have some inside knowledge of stuff. You seem to post some stuff ahead of when it occurs. So if that’s the case, any rumblings about staff changes? That’s critical to maintaining any momentum going forward.
Most of my knowledge is around recruiting, I do know for a fact that the coaching staff and additional recruiting staff are being heavily "upgraded" this offseason but dont know if that means through subtraction.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Most of my knowledge is around recruiting, I do know for a fact that the coaching staff and additional recruiting staff are being heavily "upgraded" this offseason but dont know if that means through subtraction.
What does “upgraded” mean? Larger staffs?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
As has been asked here ad nauseam, if not CDM then who? Here's a listing (from the Gainesville Sun) of the records of the guys hired two years ago:
Records of Power 5 coaches hired in 2018

Dan Mullen, UF: 17-5

Mario Cristobal, Oregon: 15-7

Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M: 15-7

Herm Edwards, Arizona State: 12-9

Joe Moorhead, Mississippi State: 12-10

Willie Taggart, FSU: 9-12

Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee: 9-12

Kevin Sumlin, Arizona: 9-12

Scott Frost, Nebraska : 8-13

Chip Kelly, UCLA: 7-14

Jonathan Smith, Oregon State: 6-14

Chad Morris, Arkansas: 4-17

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
As has been asked here ad nauseam, if not CDM then who? Here's a listing (from the Gainesville Sun) of the records of the guys hired two years ago:

WiLLLLLLLie Taggart, FSU: 9-12

According to some around here, we could’ve done much better. Sure looks like it.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

just got here. had to preach a funeral yesterday. to answer the OP question: CDM.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Doubling down on wussy French:

In this thread, Ox = provocateur extraordinaire.

Very well done, sir. :clap:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What this thread is about is post 73. However, so many turds never get to post 73. They read a title and react like a hand-wringing woman.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What this thread is about is post 73.

Maybe note this in the tread title for all of the turds that draw premature conclusions? How about this?

It's time to officially fire up the head coaching search. Who you got?**

**Turds and hand-wringing women see post 73

:lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

WiLLLLLLLie Taggart, FSU: 9-12

Most of these jobs are vastly inferior to the UF jobs and are the also ran programs in their conference. But that proves the point? Though I might believe he is superior as an X's and O's coach to most if not all the guys on this list. This is a garbage argument set forth, due to the fact that it is completely apples to oranges. It also only gives a subset of whom was took a job not whom was available. Before we get to well who else was available... a starting list would be there are 130 NCAA head coaches, only 5 made more then Mullen at the time of his signing. So the first subset has got 124 coaches, all I'm sure looking for that raise.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Most of these jobs are vastly inferior to the UF jobs and are the also ran programs in their conference. But that proves the point? Though I might believe he is superior as an X's and O's coach to most if not all the guys on this list. This is a garbage argument set forth, due to the fact that it is completely apples to oranges. It also only gives a subset of whom was took a job not whom was available. Before we get to well who else was available... a starting list would be there are 130 NCAA head coaches, only 5 made more then Mullen at the time of his signing. So the first subset has got 124 coaches, all I'm sure looking for that raise.
Ok. Who would you have hired?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You will be getting an invitation to join the UAA board of directors any second now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.